Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    new series 'WWE Timeline' first episode is the Bret Hart vs Owen Hart rivalry

flicking through some WCW PPVs and **** me the production is Cheesy as ****. Bash At The Beach 96 is class though

It's the second episode as the first was a Daniel Bryan vs the miz. But yes another home run for the WWE documentary dept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,887 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

really enjoying The 'timeline' series

As a matter of interest did WWE ever do a documentary on Hulk Hogan ?

They have but I couldn’t tell you if it’s on the network. Btw I see six documentaries featuring Bret Hart. I know that Bret hart owns the rights to his footage which was why stampede wrestling was removed from the network.

Average enough episode of 'wwe 24 the show must go on'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

51KF07AD2ZL._SY445_.jpg

completely forgot about that Orton vs Christian saga in 2011 for the world title
    Christian was a bit of a prick back then

enjoying the timeline series, looking forward to the Flair vs Macho man episode. Would very unfamiliar with that fued

Am I the only one that doesn't care about the Indy companies that seem to be getting added regularly atm?

Give me some late 80s/early 90s WWF Superstars and more WCW Saturday night!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea I’ve really got he network still for old school wwe, wcw etc and the documentary’s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

sky88 wrote: »
    Yea I’ve really got he network still for old school wwe, wcw etc and the documentary’s

The best WWE documentary Beyond the Mat coming to Netflix on 1st October, but most people will have seen it by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Haven't seen it in about 20 years I'd say. Will be likely watching it for the first time!

Dennis Stamp is the star of the show for me! (in beyond the mat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't seen it in nearly 20 years either. The difference between Jake in that and Jake now is mad. Wasn't it his daughter he wasn't in contact with? Wonder if they reconnected.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't seen it in nearly 20 years either. The difference between Jake in that and Jake now is mad. Wasn't it his daughter he wasn't in contact with? Wonder if they reconnected.

I guess
    Parts of Randy The Ram in the wrestler was based on Jakes life. Well the daughter part

Another Drew McIntyre documentary airing on the network this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Pretty revealing interview in with Kurt on latest Broken Skull sessions

• Advertisement

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Pretty revealing interview in with Kurt on latest Broken Skull sessions

I’ve only watched some of it and it’s about his start in wwe. Do they get into the issues at the end of his wwe run and TNA then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’ve only watched some of it and it’s about his start in wwe. Do they get into the issues at the end of his wwe run and TNA then ?

Yeah he talks about overdoing it on the pills and later booze when he went to TNA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ShaneU wrote: »
    The best WWE documentary Beyond the Mat coming to Netflix on 1st October, but most people will have seen it by now

Out now!

Seems I got a sales tax added to my payment this morning. That’s happened before but stopped.

• Advertisement

The Documentary on Paul Bearer is great

My hair still stands when he returned with Taker at Mania 20. He was an amazing person

The Documentary on Paul Bearer is great

My hair still stands when he returned with Taker at Mania 20. He was an amazing person

Is that out today ? Damn it I’ll have to try and watch that tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Second PTH's thoughts on the Paul Bearer doc. Watched it last night, and was delighted to see it given a decent amount of time to flesh out his story, instead of a 45 min throw away piece.

There's a nice short doc there as part of the 30 days of The Deadman too, think its called Meeting The Undertaker, where superstars talk about the first time they met the man himself, and what that was like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

watched that documentary today and as usual with WWE they knocked it out of the park with this, amazing

I watched the Paul bearer documentary last night and he just came across as such a nice guy who didn’t take himself too seriously and was doing what he loved being in the wrestling business.

The Randy Orton one was actually great as well as it’s clear that Randy Orton has grown up a lot compared to his early days when as he readily admits he was a pain in the ass, but at least he’s able to admit his faults. I’ve said it many times that I think Randy orton will go down as the best of his generation when it’s all said and done. I know others don’t agree and that’s fine, but it’s why I’ll always prefer Orton to cena. Orton is himself good or bad whereas cena projects like he’s perfect. It’s very unnatural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I watched the Paul bearer documentary last night and he just came across as such a nice guy who didn’t take himself too seriously and was doing what he loved being in the wrestling business.

The Randy Orton one was actually great as well as it’s clear that Randy Orton has grown up a lot compared to his early days when as he readily admits he was a pain in the ass, but at least he’s able to admit his faults. I’ve said it many times that I think Randy orton will go down as the best of his generation when it’s all said and done. I know others don’t agree and that’s fine, but it’s why I’ll always prefer Orton to cena. Orton is himself good or bad whereas cena projects like he’s perfect. It’s very unnatural.

Orton is like an talented footballer, like say Neymar. Hugely talented, but rarely motovated. But when he is on form, theres no one can touch him..... sadly hes mostly off form.

His work this year, his Foley feud, Taker feud are all proof he can be one of the greats. Sadly there is a alot of crap in between.

I agree though, hes clearly matured from the punk he was when he first rise to fame.

New series called 'WWE Icons' coming in 2021

Something that just popped back into my head was where has the future episodes of the ruthless aggression series gone to ? I’d assumed they’d filmed all of them in one go and it was decided to release them in two parts.

Something that just popped back into my head was where has the future episodes of the ruthless aggression series gone to ? I’d assumed they’d filmed all of them in one go and it was decided to release them in two parts.

Thought the complete series aired and it was only those episodes ?

Id say Covid has messed up a load of stuff in terms of documenting superstars on the road etc and 2021 may be low enough on new content

Id fairly fed up of seeing stuff about Wrestlemania 36

Thought the complete series aired and it was only those episodes ?

Id say Covid has messed up a load of stuff in terms of documenting superstars on the road etc and 2021 may be low enough on new content

Id fairly fed up of seeing stuff about Wrestlemania 36

No they definitely said more episodes coming this fall. And why I wondered had they filmed them all at once is because Jim cornette when he was at the HOF two or three years ago filmed loads of stuff, some of which is in the icon series next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I watched Liv Morgan documentary this morning, it was quite a good watch. I think they should make more documentaries for people who are lower down the card more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Liv came across really well but unless the point of it was to show that they don't really know what to do with her, which I doubt, then it seemed a bit pointless. Like she's not really doing much now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I like Liv, she came across very well and has the potential to be a star.. not sure what the point of that doc was though.. if anything the fact they’ve put her back with with Riott Squad and abandoned whatever nonsense that was with Lana, only highlights that her character hasn’t progressed and they still don’t know what to do with her..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sami wanted Liv to join him and I think that would have been a lot better for her future than joining back up with Riott.

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1333231799577812992?s=20

The new series 'WWE Icons' looks great

Yokozuna episode kicking off the series on Jan 31st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/the-2020-slammy-award-winners-12-23-20

Earlier today on the WWE Network WWE held the 2020 Slammy Awards. The last time WWE held the Slammys was back in 2015

The show was hosted by WWE 24/7 Champion R-Truth. The show also had a cast of presenters from Jesery Shore's own Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi to The Nature Boy himself Ric Flair.

Here are the winners of the 2020 Slammys:

Most Clever 24/7 Pin: Drew Gulak pinning R-Truth as a Janitor
    Male Superstar of the Year: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre
    Ring Gear of the Year: The New Day
    Return of the Year: Edge
    WWE Musical Performance of the Year: Elias
    WWE Rivalry of the Year: Edge vs Randy Orton
    Female Superstar of the Year: Sasha Banks
    Breakout Star of the Year: The Street Profits
    Social Media Superstar of the Year: Bayley
    Female Trash Talker and Male Trash Talkers of the Year: Lacey Evans and The Hurt Business
    Celebrity Appearance of the Year: Rob Gronkowski
    Double Cross of the Year: Bayley Attacking Sasha Banks
    Referee of the Year: Charles Robinson
    Moment of the Year: The Undertaker's Final Farewell (Survivor Series)
    Tag Team of the Year: The Street Profits
    Match of the Year: The Boneyard Match AJ Styles vs The Undertaker (WrestleMania 36)
    Superstar of the Year: WWE Champion Drew McIntyre

Hmmm. Considering some of those winners, I'm surprised Nia wasn't female superstar of the year.

Has it really been 5 years since the last ones. Was sure they were annual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hmmm. Considering some of those winners, I'm surprised Nia wasn't female superstar of the year.

I thought the same :o:confused:

Is one of the criteria for female superstar of the year being unsafe in the ring ?

They were a stand alone award ceremony but they became just an episode of raw in recent years but if you’d asked me where they annual I’d have said yes, and I’d be wrong.

• Advertisement

Looking at the nominees, Nia wasn't even nominated. I'm shocked!

Also turns out this was the Smackdown and Raw awards rather than WWE as there are no NXT, NXT UK or 205 Live nominations

So last night I watched the December 20th 1993 episode of Monday night raw and jeff Jarrett is in the opening match and obviously we know that it gets better in the years after but 27 years ago he was a bland as all ****. The DDT finisher was nice but not initially. They also showed an incorrect graphic saying he’d debut the next week but he showed up the week before. 1993 and 1994 raws aren’t all that bad actually. That may be part nostalgia and part me recording raw and smackdown again and finding them a chore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

So last night I watched the December 20th 1993 episode of Monday night raw and jeff Jarrett is in the opening match and obviously we know that it gets better in the years after but 27 years ago he was a bland as all ****. The DDT finisher was nice but not initially. They also showed an incorrect graphic saying he’d debut the next week but he showed up the week before. 1993 and 1994 raws aren’t all that bad actually. That may be part nostalgia and part me recording raw and smackdown again and finding them a chore.

It was Jarretts first national exposure. He was young, finding his feet and saddled with a cheesy gimmick. He did well by all accounts.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It was Jarretts first national exposure. He was young, finding his feet and saddled with a cheesy gimmick. He did well by all accounts.

Also the wwf ring in 1993 was like concrete. Good thing they softened them up.

Just watched the drew interview with stone cold on the live channel and this guy has an amazing mind for the business. He gets it and Austin seems to like him.

The January 2021 classic content drop will be 13 episodes of wrestling challenge which is a nice surprise. I’d like for them to complete the stuff they’ve started but not finished but it’s something completely new.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see WWF Superstars from late 80's/early 90's added but think I read that they don't own the rights to the Superstars name or something so they can't?

It's the main thing I want to see added along with early 90's WCW. Couldn't care less about the Indy promotions they seem to add now all the time instead of classic content.

I'd love to see WWF Superstars from late 80's/early 90's added but think I read that they don't own the rights to the Superstars name or something so they can't?

It's the main thing I want to see added along with early 90's WCW. Couldn't care less about the Indy promotions they seem to add now all the time instead of classic content.

Yeah there’s an issue where someone other than Vince copyrighted the name superstars of wrestling prior to 1992 which given how on the ball wwe seem to be in that regard it’s amazing they left that slip. I’d love WCW Saturday night up till nitro added because some of the stuff pre nitro is great.

Yeah there’s an issue where someone other than Vince copyrighted the name superstars of wrestling prior to 1992 which given how on the ball wwe seem to be in that regard it’s amazing they left that slip. I’d love WCW Saturday night up till nitro added because some of the stuff pre nitro is great.

Yeah that's the main WCW stuff I want to see!

I'd like to go through ECW on the network but think it's hard with every entrance theme dubbed out. Think a big part of ECW was the music so it's not the same.

Going though Nitros, I think the only themes dubbed, off the top of my head are
    Hogan (Voodoo child)
    DDP (Smells like teen spirit rip off)
    Jericho (Evenflow rip off)
    Raven (Come as you are rip off)

Can't spot many more from around 95-99.

Yeah that's the main WCW stuff I want to see!

I'd like to go through ECW on the network but think it's hard with every entrance theme dubbed out. Think a big part of ECW was the music so it's not the same.

Going though Nitros, I think the only themes dubbed, off the top of my head are
    Hogan (Voodoo child)
    DDP (Smells like teen spirit rip off)
    Jericho (Evenflow rip off)
    Raven (Come as you are rip off)

Can't spot many more from around 95-99.

Basically agree with you. ECW is the one area where I’ve stayed away from because of the edits and music.

Ah well those dubs are expected in fairness. The one feud I loved during my time watching WCW was DDP vs macho man in 1997. Those PPVs matches still hold up.

Basically agree with you. ECW is the one area where I’ve stayed away from because of the edits and music.

Ah well those dubs are expected in fairness. The one feud I loved during my time watching WCW was DDP vs macho man in 1997. Those PPVs matches still hold up.

Oh yeah definitely. I was happy with the WCW dubs tbh, thought there would be a lot more!

It's funny watching through Nitros though. No way Goldberg gets over in 2020 haha. The smart fans would **** on him today with how sloppy he is but man it was great back in 98!

• Advertisement
Advertisement