Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Diaz a foot taller than conor.

A foot is 12 inches....you sure Diaz is 6ft 9!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well that was just wonderful. 222k viewing livestream of a press conference is just mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Jaysus:eek:, I wish I came across like that whenever I'm nervous!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well that was just wonderful. 222k viewing livestream of a press conference is just mad.

Better ppv numbers than Frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭EoineyM

Diaz is a legend - don't think his "making weight champion" comment to Conor was heard but it was good one along with the you fight midgets comments. You defo get the feeling that the big payday was the main goal and anything else is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That was just great. You'd be forgiven for forgetting that they will actually fight in less than two weeks, it was just like two crazy lads down the pub seeing who could outdo each other!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

ASOT wrote: »
    Better ppv numbers than Frankie.

You know the free youtube stream wasn't ppv right?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Face off in case anyone missed it -

https://streamable.com/vxwh

You know the free youtube stream wasn't ppv right?

No I didn't know that at all I assumed Americans paid 69$ for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭brevity

Lukker- wrote: »
    I think Nate had the best one liners:

"You knocked out three midgets and now you are pumped up"

Nate is gonna buy "lots of nice ****"

Someone in the crowd says weed, Nate points at him and, holding his hands out wide, mouths "big bag".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Surprised Nate can take such a punch with that pea head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Diaz is a thicko....like proper stupid

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Diaz sounded defeated already I expected him to come out firing obviously no one can live with Conor Verbally but though he was a bit defeatist not good,

As a fan of the bro's im delighted they are making some good money because they deserve some $.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Face off in case anyone missed it -

https://streamable.com/vxwh

Look at the size of that black security dude behind them :eek:

The top of his head is out of shot and everyone else is in the middle of the frame, Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

I completely agree.

And I'm sure he has been nervous for every single fight it doesnt mean he will lose or perform badly. I just thought he didnt keep his usual act going in that presser, he seemed riled about the steroids, giggling at Nate etc.

He didn't keep it going coz 1. He respects Nate for taking it on short notice and 2. He likes the guy.

Gamebred wrote: »
    As a fan of the bro's im delighted they are making some good money because they deserve some $.

Agreed… they've been so much entertainment for years now, I'm genuinely pleased they're finally getting to cash in - esp after the Nick fiasco last year. Legends!

MMA Roasted
    @MMARoasted
    That Press Conference got so heated that Sage Northcutt tapped out 3 times. #UFC196

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

How much would Diaz make for this fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,904 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How much would Diaz make for this fight?

I read today 1 mil if he wins, prob 500k to show. Haven't seen it confirmed though

• Advertisement

think conor could have take chunks out of him verbally but he seems to sense diaz is ok and has been fukt over a few times for lack of being clever. if you think about it, he was cute holding them to a bigger cheque, what choice did they have??? lose any gate at all.

yes that steroids jab will be hurting, but not conor, it will sting Dana white, they are dropping like flies with bans lately.

Conor hit him hard with the Gil and Jake steroid comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I read today 1 mil if he wins, prob 500k to show. Haven't seen it confirmed though

Didn't Nate say 'We still gotta fight' after Conor said 'How does it feel to be a millionaire?'

I reckon you're right, under a million for a loss and over a million for a win. If Mendes got 500k and that was July last year, Nate might be getting more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Jesus, he could retire after that.No wonder they all want to fight him.

I have the feeling he will fold easily and say fcuk it I got paid, his effort against RDA was dismal. I think the fight will be easy to call when we see Nates condition on the scales, if he is 'skinny fat' he will get wrecked.

Basically this. I wouldn't imagine he will be anything other than skinny fat unfortunately, he's performance against Johnson was because of a very tough and hard camp.

Yeah, even mentioning the 2 week camp, I think he's dead in the water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Clearly you missed the "he makes gun signs with the right and animal balloons with the left " utter gold lol

Yeah an in shape Diaz is a decent fight still think Conor wins,Someone with Conors hands ya cant go in beaten and think he will cruise to a decision over you,

RDA played it safe and took him down smashed him from the guard Conor wont,Diaz has a lot of pride so he will go out on his shield no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah but it took him about 40 minutes of thinking to come up with it :pac:

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Yeah, even mentioning the 2 week camp, I think he's dead in the water.

Regardless of what condition diaz is in he will get wrecked he doesnt have the skill to win, its that simple he has a punchers chance nothing more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,923 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

if only nate had the brains to even attempt to take conor down it would at least be interesting

evo2000 wrote: »
    Regardless of what condition diaz is in he will get wrecked he doesnt have the skill to win, its that simple he has a punchers chance nothing more

He doesnt even have one,he hasnt got one punch knockout power,diaz only hope is some clinch into a trip then submission,hes not ko ing conor and hes not winning 3 rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

More of a triangle chokers chance I reckon.

I think if mcgregors been training for a tough RDA and gets a lazy diaz it will be an easy night. that said who the f*ck knows really look how tall diaz was to him and the reach, we never ever know.

i only said earlier that conor was a giant in the land of jockeys!!! it's lilliput for em down at 145, maybe that's why he always said he'd clear out that division 1st, he was right really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Gamebred wrote: »
    He doesnt even have one,he hasnt got one punch knockout power,diaz only hope is some clinch into a trip then submission,hes not ko ing conor and hes not winning 3 rounds.

will it not be a 5 rounder as man event ?

More of a triangle chokers chance I reckon.

A trianglers chance! :D

YT2aTGi.png

Over 300k live streaming it,other streams included there was probably 4 or 500k watching a press conference that is crazy.

didnt ken florian get to 135 at one stage or was it only that 145'er against jose??? ha ha ha I think his head alone must be in the 155 division on it's own now!

I'd say he meant 3 of the 5, which is enough to win the fight.

• Advertisement

it will be but I mean to get a decision he needs 3 rounds to conors 2 at least,lack of camp will put a stop to that for definite.

Why are brazillian lacking in brain cells and absolutely sour *****.

https://twitter.com/RdosAnjosMMA/status/702616206092537856

Pulls out of the fight then talks **** about the choice of replacement... the man is a genius..

Going down the same route as Aldo,posting **** after pulling out of a huge card,

He will be ko'd stiff when he returns in the same fashion as Jose too

Is Normal.

He's got a point though. Not that I think Conor rejected the Cerrone or Pettis fights, but the Diaz fight is tailor made to keep the hype train rolling. He's out of shape, out of camp and not as good as Cerrone or Pettis. Dana knows exactly what he's doing.

He's got a point though. Not that I think Conor rejected the Cerrone or Pettis fights, but the Diaz fight is tailor made to keep the hype train rolling. He's out of shape, out of camp and not as good as Cerrone or Pettis. Dana knows exactly what he's doing.

To be fair its a lose lose situation for the ufc and mcgregor fighting either of the other lads its a step down from the belt, cant blame em taking the safer option after all mcgregor didnt have to take any fight

I'll be shocked if it wasn't Abdelaziz that actually tweeted that or at least typed it out for RDA.

Pettis is medically suspended and wouldn't be cleared to fight, it was a toss up between Cerrone and Diaz both wouldn't be making 155 either way.

To be fair its a lose lose situation for the ufc and mcgregor fighting either of the other lads its a step down from the belt, cant blame em taking the safer option after all mcgregor didnt have to take any fight

McGregor will always take the fight and I respect that, but the UFC had the chance to put in 2 guys who would've made it a better fight, but instead they went for a guy who's out of shape and not as capable. They'll say it's for the fans but we all know why they picked Nate.

Pettis is medically suspended and wouldn't be cleared to fight, it was a toss up between Cerrone and Diaz both wouldn't be making 155 either way.

Fair enough if true, Cerrone vs Diaz is a no brainer though if you're looking for a better challenger, even though Nate beat him. Also think Cowboy could've made 160 or 165 at the very least.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement