Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

What are people's thoughts on Shopify?

Expensive but it’s a stock price yo yos, so expect some volatility, buy on a dip. There also been some rumours of Walmart, Amazon etc have been sniffing around looking to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

G'wan Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rob_IRL

Thoughts on Airbus, in light of all the Boeing controversies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Rob_IRL wrote: »
    Thoughts on Airbus, in light of all the Boeing controversies?

Too late to get in now at current price. The good news is already priced in.

When Boeing finally get ths act together..... expect -10% for Airbus.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

unkel wrote: »
    Nuclear fission is a past station. Simply too expensive (even when being optimistic about storage and clean up costs). Wind is far, far cheaper. Even solar is getting there. All we need is batteries (pumped storage, interconnector, grid attached batteries, EVs and homes with batteries - V2G and V2H, hydrogen production). I'd suggest if you want to invest in energy, look into one or more of those.

If that is the case why are their sever nuclear plants currently in operation and under construction in France (58 reactors, 1 under construction), UK (15 reactors operating, 2 currently under construction) and even the US (Vogtle 3&4 under construction) to name a few countries..

“With more than 450 commercial reactors worldwide, including 96 in the United States, nuclear power continues to be one of the largest sources of reliable carbon-free electricity available”

https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/nuclear-101-how-does-nuclear-reactor-work

Heck, even Bill Gates is a firm believer in nuclear power, as seen in his recent Netflix documentary he did run into problems with the Trump administration however I assume he will be back on track once he is gone.

https://www.axios.com/bill-gates-faces-daunting-nuclear-energy-future-6bafb442-d2a1-48c9-acd7-5492d62789a4.html

Further sources:
    https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-t-z/united-kingdom.aspx

• Advertisement

“The bear market is in... fundamentals! The share of listed companies in the U.S. that have lost money over the past year has risen to 40%, the highest since the dotcom bubble of the late 1990s.”
    - David Rosenberg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I am retricted buying USA stocks and getting on a bit and looking for boring safe blue chip type Euro stocks with dividends.

I have stated to buy Siemens and Unilever and probably going to move some money into Total, SAP and Allianz.

Any thoughts on euro safe harbour stocks here?

Too late to get in now at current price. The good news is already priced in.

When Boeing finally get ths act together..... expect -10% for Airbus.

:(
    agreed on this. I was going to buy in 2018 when I saw the A321LR and rumoured XLR were on the cusp of getting very good traction in the market but spent a lot of my money elsewhere, some wisely, some in hindsight very poorly.
    Don't expect Boeing to appreciate greatly either as investors seem to be sticking with it in spite of everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Only just discovered this thread. In jd, baba and best inc for the last 6 months. Doing very well. Think there’s a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭hottipper

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I am retricted buying USA stocks and getting on a bit and looking for boring safe blue chip type Euro stocks with dividends.

I have stated to buy Siemens and Unilever and probably going to move some money into Total, SAP and Allianz.

Any thoughts on euro safe harbour stocks here?

so if i was you id be looking for euro stocks that make most of there money domestically and wont be affected much by any up coming trade wars with the US or UK. i don't really have any suggestions but thats what id be thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Looking at asrt anyone have any thoughts wouldn't be thinking long term with it

bizidea wrote: »
    Looking at asrt anyone have any thoughts wouldn't be thinking long term with it

Here ya go

Company
    Assertio Therapeutics, Inc.

what it working on:

GRALISE | N/A
    Postherpetic neuralgia - shingles
    Approved January 28, 2011.

SEFELSA | N/A
    Hot flashes
    CRL issued May 31, 2013.

Cosyntropin depot | N/A
    Adrenocortical insufficiency screening
    CRL announced October 21, 2019.

Symbol
    ASRT

Shares Outstanding

Float

Insider Ownership
    0.60%

Institutional Ownership
    92.40%

Market Cap

52 Week High

52 Week High Date
    04/05/2019

52 Week Low

52 Week Low Date
    12/09/2019

52 Week Change
    -74.24%

Average 10 Day Volume

Average 30 Day Volume

50 Day Moving Average

200 Day Moving Average

5 Day Change
    2.78%

30 Day Change
    41.42%

1 Month Change
    56.34%

3 Month Change
    -16.54%

6 Month Change
    -65.74%

Year To Date Change
    -6.72%

1 Year Change
    -74.77%

2 Year Change
    -86.00%

5 Year Change
    -93.56%

Max Change
    -50.00%

Finances
    ========

Total Cash

Current Debt

Revenue

Gross Profit

Total Revenue

EBITDA

Revenue Per Share

Revenue Per Employee

Debt To Equity

Profit Margin
    11.83%

Enterprise Value

Enterprise Value
    To Revenue

Next Earnings Date
    03/03/2020

Ratios
    ======

Trailing 12 Month
    Earnings Per Share

PE Ratio

Put Call Ratio

Beta

Price To Sales

Price To Book

Forward PE Ratio

PEG Ratio

52 Week High
    Of PE Ratio

52 Week Low
    Of PE Ratio

Report Date
    09/30/2019

Period
    Quarter

Assets
    ======

Receivables

Inventory

Other Current Assets

Current Assets

Property Plant Equipment

Long Term Investments

Intangible Assets

Other Assets

Total Assets

Liabilities
    ===========

Accounts Payable

Current Long Term Debt

Other Current Liabilities

Minority Interest

Total Liabilities

Equity
    ======

Common Stock

Retained Earnings

Capital Surplus

Shareholder Equity

Net Tangible Assets

======
    | Levels | Price |
    +
    +
    +
    | 2nd Resistance Point | 1.18 |
    | 1st Resistance Point | 1.14 |
    | Last Price | 1.11 |
    | 1st Support Level | 1.07 |
    | 2nd Support Level | 1.04 |
    |
    |
    |
    | 52-Week High | 5.76 |
    | Fibonacci 61.8% | 3.82 |
    | Fibonacci 50% | 3.22 |
    | Fibonacci 38.2% | 2.62 |
    | Last Price | 1.11 |
    | 52-Week Low | 0.68 |
    +
    +
    +
    ======

Looks like a yolo trade :D. i've seen some of these setups pop but not a trade id take currently.

Think it might take a jump in the next week or two ha maybe its only a yolo trade but is every trade not a yolo trade

monitor it at open for a few hours it does have some potential if it can get some momentum going

Think it might take a jump in the next week or two ha maybe its only a yolo trade but is every trade not a yolo trade

Absolutely not if you do your homework and due diligence. The stock you mentioned has been on a downward trend for years, the company has zero growth and no potential you would be better off gambling your money on the ponies... I think with that kind of attitude you would be better off on r/wallstreetbets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

What's the potential catalyst that might give it a jump?

Only just discovered this thread. In jd, baba and best inc for the last 6 months. Doing very well. Think there’s a long way to go yet.

Jd up another 2% again today and baba up 1%.

Dont know if this is pure pox beginners luck only starting to invest bought adap at 1.51 and sold at 3.69 and bought cron at 6.74 and sold at 7.60 also bought asrt this morning but messed that up a bit by not setting up a limit buy on it surely the stockmarkets cant be this easy to make money on made more today than a lot of people would in a month. Looking at putting some of it back in to aacg and acor any thoughts on these shares

Dont know if this is pure pox beginners luck only starting to invest bought adap at 1.51 and sold at 3.69 and bought cron at 6.74 and sold at 7.60 also bought asrt this morning but messed that up a bit by not setting up a limit buy on it surely the stockmarkets cant be this easy to make money on made more today than a lot of people would in a month. Looking at putting some of it back in to aacg and acor any thoughts on these shares

You will soon loose all that you’re purely gambling with penny stocks not investing.. this is why 90% of traders loose money. Have you even done your homework on these stocks?

Pennies make pounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Here we go again!

MongoDB - Its riding pretty high right now, however, i have very high hopes for it to go much further. Most used NoSQL database and most popular database to use voted for by developers - its revenue keeps growing at a very impressive rate. Plans for 2020 seem huge. With Amazon being a major 2020 competitor for NoSQL I wouldn't be surprised to see Google sniffing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Hexocorp - Canadian cannabis company

Well this is going very well the past 2 days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Square Enix - Delayed their two biggest releases today - dropping sharply. Will pick some up this week - is a solid bet to recover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Brookfield Renewable Partners - been gaining steadily with this one over the last year, growth slowing slightly but company appears well managed and is in a sector I’m expecting to grow into the future. Likely a safe enough bet.

Hexocorp - Canadian cannabis company, after posting substantial losses price is on the floor currently similar to many of the stocks in a sector which did not meet expectations in 2019. A large degree of this is due to growing pains in the sector itself, issues surrounding retailing etc which are now being ironed out. More of a punt than anything but the sector has huge potential.

Looks like they're all on the climb again. There was a bit of a frenzy going on for years until the words "profit" and " earnings" became a thing.
    Now that companies are starting to post results the uncertainty and purple haze is lifting.

I thought ACB were toast after last earnings report and dumped at 2.05 CA market price Monday as soon as markets opened. Regretting it now as they're riding with the tide.

Thought me a lesson though.... Just go long and forget about it till your ready to retire.

Well this is going very well the past 2 days!!

A proxy for tilray?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

A proxy for tilray?

How do u mean?

Treppen wrote: »
    How do u mean?

I'm guessing the recent rise is mirroring the big jump in tilray. But this one is way cheaper so might be a good waqy to piggy back that movement if you have confidence in this sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Took a nibble of Tullow Oil on LSE this morning ? after its most recent spectacular fall (down 15% yesterday). A lot of Web chatter about it and volume is through the roof ... SP up about 7% today already :-)

This is real seat-of-your-pants gambling stuff .... so DYOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

How to make money:

Step 1: Buy SPY / S&P 500 any day , any week, good news or bad news.

Step 2: Profit

• Advertisement

Pennies make pounds

I have seen more stocks go to zero than double.

Advertisement