Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Shop & Save [TESCO NOT ACCEPTING THEM]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

xpletiv wrote: »
    Feels like Dunnes have inflated their prices and not passed on the vat reduction. Feeling very, very expensive to go to dunnes now.

Dunnes are way more expensive than aldi/lidl/teso even factoring in the discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭masterboy123

We use 10 euro voucher for every 50 euros. Plus we get 12€ voucher every 3-4 months.
    Never returned to Lidl or ALDI.
    wingnut wrote: »
    Dunnes are way more expensive than aldi/lidl/teso even factoring in the discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭xpletiv

I got caught with the voucher too. Id been using the 5 off 25 since march. Now that they dont give it, im not planning on returning to dunnes, hope others do the same, try get their pricing back on a decent level through lack of business.

Probably get a bailout from government though in that case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Disappointing that Dunnes have gone gig economy delivering with Buymie :(
    If anyone uses it, let us know if you get a shop n'save coupon or can you use a valuclub number
    Operating across 24 Dunnes Stores in Dublin and Cork, the service allows Dunnes Stores customers to book a same day delivery slot.
    https://www.shelflife.ie/buymie-and-dunnes-stores-launch-same-day-deliveries-across-dublin-and-cork/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The vouchers in my usual Dunnes went back to being valid for just over the week or whatever it is a few weeks ago. I happened to be getting something in the North Earl Street, Dublin one yesterday and I got a 5 off 25 valid from today until the 19th. Not sure if they've changed again everywhere or if it's store specific though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The vouchers in my usual Dunnes went back to being valid for just over the week or whatever it is a few weeks ago. I happened to be getting something in the North Earl Street, Dublin one yesterday and I got a 5 off 25 valid from today until the 19th. Not sure if they've changed again everywhere or if it's store specific though.

I think different stores have different set ups.

Stephens green often do the same, my theory is the footfall in City centre supermarkets is more lunch time essentials..... Though that said I worked in a city centre supermarket (not dunnes) years ago and people did do weekly shops, so I don't know.

I have noticed that if you shop on Thursday to Saturday you get a bonus fiver off, to be spent Sunday to Wednesday the following week.

I think it's best practice to always keep an eye on your vouchers.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As of last Saturday, the standard €10 off €50 vouchers are valid for ten days but I'd be interested to hear if that's changed this week. With the whole country now going to level 3, it would make sense for Dunnes to encourage less frequent shopping trips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

zell12 wrote: »
    Disappointing that Dunnes have gone gig economy delivering with Buymie :(
    If anyone uses it, let us know if you get a shop n'save coupon or can you use a valuclub number

Their own website makes it look like something from the 80's!

https://www.dunnesstores.com/content/phone-in-service

Says you have to phone the manager and have your shopping list ready to read out to them 😂. No mention of using buymie.

I have noticed that if you shop on Thursday to Saturday you get a bonus fiver off, to be spent Sunday to Wednesday the following week.
    Yep it's new. That's on top of their €10 off €50 promo.
    Spend €50 on Groceries between Thursday and Saturday to receive (1) €5 off €20 voucher. Max 1 Voucher is issued in one transaction. €5 off vouchers are issued only in ROI stores.
    The €5 off €20 voucher is redeemable in all grocery stores between Sunday and Wednesday of the subsequent week. Multiple vouchers can be used once the sum of the voucher threshold spend is met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's not "New new" this promotion comes and goes. Handy if you do a big shop and top up shop in a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

its been there a good while now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

wingnut wrote: »

i worked in Tesco i can assure you they are way more expensive only this week the felix cat food was €20 and €10 in Dunnes :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,432 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Patsy167 wrote: »

Their beer deals are like the Third Secret Of Fatima, hopefully the Buymie deal reveals current offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Any 10 off 50 vouchers appearing in any newspapers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭sceach16

Quackster wrote: »
    As of last Saturday, the standard €10 off €50 vouchers are valid for ten days but I'd be interested to hear if that's changed this week. With the whole country now going to level 3, it would make sense for Dunnes to encourage less frequent shopping trips.

Congratulations on your foresight. Shopped today 7/10. Vouchers 8/10 to 21/10.....14 days.

sceach16 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your foresight. Shopped today 7/10. Vouchers 8/10 to 21/10.....14 days.
    Cheers, excellent news! :D

just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store, you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seve OB wrote: »
    just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store
    link here
    https://fooddelivery.dunnesstores.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

just realised if you go to the dunner website and look up online shopping, click cornelscourt give it some address near the store, you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

FFS- most 10 year olds could put together a couple of webpages without putting too much effort into it. Its high time Dunnes put just a little bit of effort into being more customer centric.

On a slightly different note- got a Dunnes mailing in the post today- 4 x 10 off 40 vouchers, valid weekly over the next 4 weeks.

• Advertisement

On a slightly different note- got a Dunnes mailing in the post today- 4 x 10 off 40 vouchers, valid weekly over the next 4 weeks.

i never get these at all anymore.

how do they decide who to send to? is it geographic or what?

i don't spend massive amounts with them, although was in there quite a bit over the last few months, they probably get a few of grand off me each year

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

i never get these at all anymore.

how do they decide who to send to? is it geographic or what?

i don't spend massive amounts with them, although was in there quite a bit over the last few months, they probably get a few of grand off me each year

I was spending 100-150 a week consistently up to the end of August (throughout the lockdown)- and then stopped, altogether, and haven't been back in the last 10-12 weeks.

Its obviously a ploy to get me back.

I was spending 100-150 a week consistently up to the end of August (throughout the lockdown)- and then stopped, altogether, and haven't been back in the last 10-12 weeks.

Its obviously a ploy to get me back.

similar
    maybe they just don't want me back:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks, I'll have a nose. I just gave the address of the shop!

I got a €10 off €40 email last week. Valid only in one of my local stores. Says all tills in said store are now equipped with phone scanners so I guess that's why I was emailed it when I was.

Used it over the weekend at a self-service till, only to find they haven't been upgraded! :rolleyes:

By coincidence, my other local Dunnes recently had new self-service tills installed that can scan phone screens so I think I'll be skipping there for the foreseeable instead (like having all my loyalty cards on my phone).

Has anyone tried scanning a picture of the shop and save till spit coupons?

Could be worth trying if we can share them amongst us?

Has anyone tried scanning a picture of the shop and save till spit coupons?

Could be worth trying if we can share them amongst us?
    Bar codes are unique and can only be used once.

That’s ok. But I go shopping today and get a coupon. You need one tomorrow, I send it to you......... then you’ll get one tomorrow and maybe pass it on.

It would be great for those of us who are not regular shoppers in dunnes but could do with a voucher the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

you can get a list of products and prices, not sure if they are all there, but it quite extensive and includes booze. you can't search for anything though, its just a list

it is definitely not all there, just doing another browse now, there is only 3 vodkas.

There is only a 1.5L of coke, no cans, no coke zero at all.

The searching is horrendous, as if you are even on the right page you cannot search for say "rum", you have to put in the brand as bacardi or whatever.

• Advertisement
    M

That's what I thought but why on the self service do you need a staff member to verify transaction? No alcohol or age restricted items, happens every time.

That's what I thought but why on the self service do you need a staff member to verify transaction? No alcohol or age restricted items, happens every time.

A tale. Match tickets for Croker are barcoded. The ticket is scanned but not held....it is given back to the holder. The first year it happened, tickets were being passed out of the ground..... then sold to unsuspecting people who then could not use them. This is an ongoing though reducing problem..You cannot tell if a barcode has been scanned and used.

It is possible that Dunnes just do not want scanned vouchers out there so assistance is insisted on and the voucher collected by staff.

M

A tale. Match tickets for Croker are barcoded. The ticket is scanned but not held....it is given back to the holder. The first year it happened, tickets were being passed out of the ground..... then sold to unsuspecting people who then could not use them. This is an ongoing though reducing problem..You cannot tell if a barcode has been scanned and used.

It is possible that Dunnes just do not want scanned vouchers out there so assistance is insisted on and the voucher collected by staff.

It's a pity they can't adapt the banknote input to accept the receipts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just got an email off Dunnes Stores.
    "Enjoy an exclusive €10 off a €40 grocery shopping voucher".
    Barcode on email valid until 15th November.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Just got an email off Dunnes Stores.
    "Enjoy an exclusive €10 off a €40 grocery shopping voucher".
    Barcode on email valid until 15th November.

how did you get this mail? is there some sort of mailing list you have signed up to?

how did you get this mail? is there some sort of mailing list you have signed up to?

No idea tbh.
    Couldn't find the old card so took a new one and registered with the email address couple of months ago.
    1st mail I've got off them since registering.

• Advertisement

No idea tbh.
    Couldn't find the old card so took a new one and registered with the email address couple of months ago.
    So you gave the email on a Valuclub registration form
    Is the coupon specific to you, valuclub number?

No idea tbh.

must do that
    i get nothing any more, no emails, no vouchers in the post.... nothing

So you gave the email on a Valuclub registration form

Yeah when I was registering it for the 1st time.

Says exclusive on the email so I would assume so.
    must do that
    i get nothing any more, no emails, no vouchers in the post.... nothing

Surely they send you something even if it's only a €2 voucher?
    I've got €2 vouchers off them before.
    Maybe register a new card and see if that works?

Email came from email@email.dunnesstores.com
    Looks like when I signed up, I subscribed to Dunnes Stores Newsletter emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I went to Dunnes this evening with no voucher and the girl on the till scanned her own one needless to say I was delighted to get €10 off my 50 spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Gooser14

casio4 wrote:
    I went to Dunnes this evening with no voucher and the girl on the till scanned her own one needless to say I was delighted to get €10 off my 50 spend

I always give any surplus vouchers I have to the girl on the till so that it can be used rather than expiring. I have seen other people do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Bannergal

I asked in the Shannon Store earlier this week at the customer “service” & was told they aren’t allowed keep them that they must destroy them!!

Can’t say it was delivered in a nice manner so I think it’s about who you meet....

The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I spent €200 in Dunnes a few weeks ago and had no vouchers. She went off and asked another member of staff and came back with €30 off for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭beachhead

Yeah when I was registering it for the 1st time.

Says exclusive on the email so I would assume so.

Surely they send you something even if it's only a €2 voucher?
    I've got €2 vouchers off them before.
    Maybe register a new card and see if that works?

Email came from email@email.dunnesstores.com
    Looks like when I signed up, I subscribed to Dunnes Stores Newsletter emails.

Signed and sealed with Dunnes - never got any money vouchers-must be random offer or minimum spend in store required over say 1st month or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bannergal wrote: »
    I asked in the Shannon Store earlier this week at the customer “service” & was told they aren’t allowed keep them that they must destroy them!!

Can’t say it was delivered in a nice manner so I think it’s about who you meet....

The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?
    Nonsense from them, I've seen staff on every till with them, in money bags at times to keep them neat/organised. Shopping last weekend there was still a week left on our voucher and the staff member didn't scan our voucher when I handed it to her, instead scanned another that she had in front of her that must have had a shorter expiry.

beachhead wrote: »
    Signed and sealed with Dunnes - never got any money vouchers-must be random offer or minimum spend in store required over say 1st month or whatever

Afaik, it's 1% back on your Dunnes Valueclub card so to get a €2 voucher, you would have to spend minimum €200.
    Not 100% sure of how long the points last but I got €14 worth of vouchers so hope that wasn't a spend over a month :eek:.

[QUOTE=Bannergal;115102112I

EDITED
    The €5 off voucher weren’t given out today.... anyone else come across this?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Dunnes normally give a 5 off 20 voucher valid the next Sunday to Wednesday if U spend 50 or more Thursday to Saturday.

No such voucher today (Fri 30/10).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

permanent TSB go rewards spend €50 get €5 back from today to the 11th Nov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Yes.

Dunnes normally give a 5 off 20 voucher valid the next Sunday to Wednesday if U spend 50 or more Thursday to Saturday.

No such voucher today (Fri 30/10).

Same here. Only got my €10 back. Sharp practice 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

Westeros wrote: »
    Been to Dunnes today and the lady at the till asked if I knew that alcohol won’t come into play for the €10 off vouchers from November. She’s not sure of when in November, they haven’t been told an exact date but she was just letting people know at the till.

That will be the last time I'll be shopping in Dunnes then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement