Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

10k? Nice! Can't remember last time I had that much :( .

I need to start buying runes too, but I am lvl 24.

I was given advice not to was on on lvl 1 and lvl 2 runes. Just save up and then buy lvl 3 runes at lvl 20.

I will be making my rune page for jax. Ap - ap pen - dodge. He is pretty much main.

After I am done with jax page I will do moakai tank page.

It's actuolly amazing how many bad moakais out there lately. I only realised yesterday, that he is free this week lol.

In good hands he is pro pro pro tank. So many times we aced them in late game just because perfect timing of my buble, stunts and snare.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is it just me or are runes really a very small deal?

Like, you're getting +1 damage on a base of say 85, its very minor. Even with a full page, you're not really gonna push a champ very far in any direction. Might help for lvl1, but thats about it:rolleyes:

Gonna use this boost as much as I can, will need it for rune shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Is it just me or are runes really a very small deal?

Like, you're getting +1 damage on a base of say 85, its very minor. Even with a full page, you're not really gonna push a champ very far in any direction. Might help for lvl1, but thats about it:rolleyes:

Gonna use this boost as much as I can, will need it for rune shopping.

No, they're pretty significant.

When mixed with masteries you can use an armour pen + attack damage page to take someone's level one armour to zero and make your attacks stronger. This means you are hitting for true damage for the first few levels and hitting hard.

My AP page gives me a flat 20 AP at level 1 (could be higher but I have some per level AP in there too) and 8.5 spell pen. Depending on the ratios of the hero you're using this can mean some significant difference in damage output.

You can also make yourself very, very hard to harrass with flat hp quints, armour and MR in the others and going deep into the defensive tree.

Then there are the utility quints like movespeed and gold per 5 which have their own niche uses.

They are more significant early game but a lot of games can be won and lost early.

Didnt realise you could get that much out of them.

I've been thinking my first page will be very general use, gold/hp/mana focused. Maybe a little speed.

Try to keep all of one colour the same rune type otherwise you just touch a lot of different stats a tiny bit which doesn't do much.

On a different note; has anyone else's split boost been extended? Mine now says I have 16 days and 11 hours left which is an extra 3 days. I saw a thread on the LoL forums that some people have had there's go as high as 28 days.

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    Try to keep all of one colour the same rune type otherwise you just touch a lot of different stats a tiny bit which doesn't do much.

On a different note; has anyone else's split boost been extended? Mine now says I have 16 days and 11 hours left which is an extra 3 days. I saw a thread on the LoL forums that some people have had there's go as high as 28 days.

mine still 12 days :(. cant complain thought...

as for runes. they are very very handy.

more noticable in early game.

yesterday had a lvl1 garen come over with allmoust 800hp... considering i got only 480 lol...

very noticable when vayne goes for full AD page or natalie full AP page.

13 days 9hrs here.

I am abusing this boost as much as I can lol. Need more ip!!!!!! :D

As for Kyle... I haven't seen her plated for month. That does not show that it was op. Morde is op as **** and you see him almost each game.

I actuolly might have a go with Kyle thought. She looks pretty cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

HoN has the WORST gaming community on the planet. the game takes a bit more skill, some of which comes down to the shoddy programming by S2, but the core of the game is a lot harder then LoL.
    BUT, LoL seems to be the game to play. the community seem tons better and 70% of games arent troll/moron fests like in HoN. Id never recommend to anyone to buy & play HoN, even if they were DotA players previous. the community is just that bad. you play solo matchmaking - it is literally a flip of the coin whether you win or lose.
    If HoN was programmed by Riot or Valve or Blizzard (a company that knew wtf they were doing basically) and had LoL's community it would be purrrfect. but its not, its full of trolls and game ruining morons and S2 who continue to make imbalanced heroes and cant solve basic pathing problems. stay away at all costs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Jazzy wrote: »
    HoN has the WORST gaming community on the planet. the game takes a bit more skill, some of which comes down to the shoddy programming by S2, but the core of the game is a lot harder then LoL.
    BUT, LoL seems to be the game to play. the community seem tons better and 70% of games arent troll/moron fests like in HoN. Id never recommend to anyone to buy & play HoN, even if they were DotA players previous. the community is just that bad. you play solo matchmaking - it is literally a flip of the coin whether you win or lose.
    If HoN was programmed by Riot or Valve or Blizzard (a company that knew wtf they were doing basically) and had LoL's community it would be purrrfect. but its not, its full of trolls and game ruining morons and S2 who continue to make imbalanced heroes and cant solve basic pathing problems. stay away at all costs

We'll leave it all to you Jazzy :pac:

• Advertisement

just had 3 games there. all full of scum

played good few games again. **** I LOVE TF!

I play him really not bad, but sometimes i can have very very bad early game. he is very very squishe in early game :(.

90% of games i am forced to go mid :(. its handy to have "gank ulty" early, but if i get something like akali with huge burst i am dead in secs.

i am wondering would hp/magic ress runes help me in beggining. i need some sort of rune calculator

I wouldn't get too attached as his ult is being nerfed in the next patch or two. It will no longer be global but instead be more kind of Nocturne style. Similarly for Pantheon.

Farm from a safe distance with wild cards if you find you're taking a lot of damage.

I wouldn't get too attached as his ult is being nerfed in the next patch or two. It will no longer be global but instead be more kind of Nocturne style. Similarly for Pantheon.

Farm from a safe distance with wild cards if you find you're taking a lot of damage.

nerfing?! why?! he does not have dmaging ulty.... cd is very big too. WTF?

i thought he allready got nerfed. noone playing him too.

nerfing?! why?! he does not have dmaging ulty.... cd is very big too. WTF?

i thought he allready got nerfed. noone playing him too.

Hehe, he is perma banned in ranked.
    He turns any potential gank from a 2v1 to a 3v1 etc.

He has been nerfed and reworked in the past yep but he's still good.

Hehe, he is perma banned in ranked.
    He turns any potential gank from a 2v1 to a 3v1 etc.

He has been nerfed and reworked in the past yep but he's still good.

i dont care about ranked. as everything is banned in ranked. any champ i look in to, they all banned. soon there will be only be 5 champs which are not banned.

he was very op before, they nerfed and reworked him alot. i dont see any mentioning about him being nerfed again.

ranked lol reminds me of Hon....

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Twisted Fate currently is like the old evelyn, in that none of the lanes can ever afford to extend themselves even a little bit for the fear that TF will port right behind them.

His standard kit is awesome, his ultimate nets him free kills every 60 seconds and he can split push side lanes and then instant port to team fights like shen except he clears creep waves and bursts down towers easily, he is the definition of broken currently.

In normal there is a constant abuse of what i call FOTM (flavour of the month) stacking, where you just constantly come up against teams whose sole composition is a line up of all the most blatantly broken champions. Had several games today where we would come up against nothing but yorik, rumble, gankplank and TF.

Once the bandwagon gets started on a champion its just every game, gankplank in particular these days. Would really enjoy unranked draft pick so i can still take a breather and not have to content with this BS.

Twisted Fate currently is like the old evelyn, in that none of the lanes can ever afford to extend themselves even a little bit for the fear that TF will port right behind them.

His standard kit is awesome, his ultimate nets him free kills every 60 seconds and he can split push side lanes and then instant port to team fights like shen except he clears creep waves and bursts down towers easily, he is the definition of broken currently.

In normal there is a constant abuse of what i call FOTM (flavour of the month) stacking, where you just constantly come up against teams whose sole composition is a line up of all the most blatantly broken champions. Had several games today where we would come up against nothing but yorik, rumble, gankplank and TF.

Once the bandwagon gets started on a champion its just every game, gankplank in particular these days. Would really enjoy unranked draft pick so i can still take a breather and not have to content with this BS.
    Yeah, bans in normal would be nice alright but on the other side of it that would mean if you wanted to play a specific champ you may have to go to a custom game to do it.
    GP is in for some heavy nerfs too though so hopefully he'll disappear. He's very broken at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Ok I have about 15 or so games under my belt now,

I bought Singed first,

Played 8 games with him today ( Long boring old saturday :P ) and won 7

yeah, got a good few mates all playing now. champion of ireland here i come nabs!!!

although, is there some sort of purchase where i can buy the game + all heroes for an all in one?

• Advertisement

Just bought Heimerdinger. <3

Weird as f'ck but I love him. Mega farm. Build up a load of gold, buy Lich bane, win.

Second game with him, 9/2/10 :)

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Played about 5 games today thus far.

Each one has 'mostly' had:

Gangplank (sometimes one, sometimes on both sides, mostly in every single game bar one)
    Udyr (Quite a lot of them, never two at once but usually always a jungler)
    Ashe (She's everywhere... She's cheap, she's strong, she's present in almost every game)
    Maoki (Free to play)

TF was played twice, once on our team, once on their team. He needs a rework for above mentioned reasons. People who have to ask 'why' really don't understand the sheer power over a game he has... If he can't gank, he can freely push multiple lanes. If not, he will rebalance many teamfights ongoing on the map and can walk into it when and where he pleases with high damage and an aggravating stun. Ontop of ALL that, without Banshee's, he will show every single champion on the map to his team - This alone is a nightmare and if they're in any way fed or farmed, seeing that flaming orb over your head will almost always make your players run for the nearest turret - Sometimes even that isn't enough to save you.

Ultimately I will always sigh if I have to face TF. Gangplank I don't mind AS much but I still cringe as he's one of those annoyingly tankish champs who is hard to nail and the damage output is thoroughly retarded. At one point I was killed by a 1600+ autoattack, otherwise it's usually crit-parrleys for 1/3 - 1/4 of your health per go and this was me as Morde WITH a Shield.

i havent seen a single good moakai out there. i could not call myself a good player, but feck if i play focused with moakai as tank, our team can wipe floors with opposite team in teamfights.

i dunno about TF. played a game where there were 2 TF. i was one of them. i did really good wheres theyr TF was just pure ****.

ANY CHAMPION FEED OR PLAYED WELL IS OP!

in fact i was in middle lane vs Sivir, which wiped floors with me. i **** you not, i could not even be save by my tower. one of her spells is free banchees vale. my cards were useless. she got feed and destroyed our team. Do i say she is OP? feck no, just a perfect champ to counter TF.

same as my friend playing cathlyn and he just rapes heimerdinger as her range is better then his turrets making him useless. is she OP? no, just a perfect champ to counter him.

Now i allways say morde is OP, but in one game i had him mid... i was very aggresive and did not let him farm creeps. No one got any kills, but i had waaaaaay more creeps farmed wheres he was underfeed as hell. what happened in the end? Morde died like a little bitch every single time in mid/late game.

i guess my point is: there is inbalance in this game, as this is very very complicate game with so many different champions. having it perfect is impossible. Having more then half champions being banned is prety silly, just becouse they got unique mechanics.

there are prety stupid champs like annie, but TF....

Twitch is called the weakest champ in LOL, but everytime i play with friends ( prety damn good at lol with 700 games won ), they all scared of twitch as he is very damn good assasin. ofc if played by good player.

can anyone link me to his nerfing in next patches?

sorry for rant, but i am sort of sick listening every single about champ i choose being OP and banned :(.

is there some list of banned champs?

ANY CHAMPION FEED OR PLAYED WELL IS OP!
    So, no. A fed champion is just a fed champion.
    An OP champion is one that has clear and distinct advantages over other champions from level 1 or level 6. They are a must pick or ban if you are getting your tryhard on.
    in fact i was in middle lane vs Sivir, which wiped floors with me. i **** you not, i could not even be save by my tower. one of her spells is free banchees vale. my cards were useless. she got feed and destroyed our team. Do i say she is OP? feck no, just a perfect champ to counter TF.
    As you said she's not OP. TF's power isn't in his lane though. He just takes a solo so he can get 6 asap and unleash his true power i.e. his ult.
    i guess my point is: there is inbalance in this game, as this is very very complicate game with so many different champions. having it perfect is impossible. Having more then half champions being banned is prety silly, just becouse they got unique mechanics.
    Half the champs are not banned. There are only 4 bans in ranked. And those 4 bans usually come from about a pool of 6-8 champs.
    Twitch is called the weakest champ in LOL, but everytime i play with friends ( prety damn good at lol with 700 games won ), they all scared of twitch as he is very damn good assasin. ofc if played by good player.
    Twitch is a low elo solo Q stomper. That is all. Buy pink wards, don't over extend when he is not on the map. Assume he is beside you in that case.
    The stealth system is currently being reworked and he and Eve will be buffed and changed to compensate when it is released.
    can anyone link me to his nerfing in next patches?
    The patch notes have not been released yet. I just read it on the LoL forums in one of the developers posts. They have been planning this change to global ults i.e. TF and Pantheon, for awhile.
    sorry for rant, but i am sort of sick listening every single about champ i choose being OP and banned :(.

is there some list of banned champs?
    I can tell you who is banned now but this will change when the patch comes out as some will be nerfed and others will be buffed. And this will happen every patch. That is why it is not a good idea to have a "main" champ but instead be able to fulfill a variety of roles.

well TF can be countered easy. dont over extend. report him missing and when everyone alert his ulty is uselless.

1-6 TF is ****, squishe. he has nothing to defend himself, only a stun if you time it well to run away. i would just say that TF is an ultimate troll KSer. in 1v1 fights he is ****. if he misses his card, he is ****ed. The only thing that is making him strong is his ulty, which is more offinishing off tool.

wheres morde is just pure faceroller. he is OP, but noone is doing anything about him.

my friend had to make a new account as her one was sent to east ( danish player). at level one she had non of her own champs, so she just went with morde. after few games, her words " i knew morde is OP, but this is just silly ", "if you know how to bang your head in to keyboard, then you know how to play morde". she has 700++ wins, so she played game for awile and know a thing or two about it.

ah well, i will enjoy TF while i can, then i guess i will just bin him like i did vayne, becouse she is uselles unless you are 100% perfect.

I newer said tf is weak, but he does not need a nerf and no buffing. And if you think that morde is not op, but tf is then we better drop this here, if we want to have good conversations in future. ;)

All weekend I have seen only very very few TFs, but morde was almost in each game. In bouth teams you get atleast 1.

Have you played TF? I suggest you do, as I cant imagine where people get his super duper mega dps out. He is a glass cannon, but there are champions who just lol at his dps. His stun is not instant. As you need to activate cards, then you need to be on the ball to choose right card and click it again and then next auto attack will hit stun. It's not as easy as it's sounds, specially when you need to watch wtf happens on screen, and when you miss it. During all this everyone focusing him down because he dies like a bitch from wind blow.

You are not looking for a conversation and discussion, okay then so...

Sorry to bother you.

Patch preview is up.
    TF and Pantheon nerfs confirmed for this patch. If you look at the minimap in the TF section you can see the new range. It's not too bad; it can still reach from mid to top or bot. It mainly cuts out some of the ridiculous split pushing.

On Morde, the main issue with him is that he is a hell of a lot easier to play than he is to counter. So at lower elos he tends to dominate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

The split pushing of tf in some of the tourneys recently was bound to get him nerfed. I wouldnt have thought pantheon was that dangerous but I guess they're basing it on data so hey.

Pantheon currently isn't dangerous as they nerfed his abilities so hard awhile back.
    Now that they have nerfed his ult they can bring the power level of his other abilities back up.

• Advertisement

Patch notes in all their nerfy glory.
    They hit Yorrick very hard :/

Advertisement