Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options
1868788899092»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I don't think Pride will take over Aldo, he went straight for take downs against strikers. Think he will do same.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I'd imagine alot of people lumped on Aldo. He's odds are shortening. I got Aldo by KO at 11/2 a few weeks ago, think its 7/2 now?

I have a very tasty treble done. Aldo by KO, Mendes by KO and Gunnar by sub. Have I any hope? I'd be happy to lose the money if Conor wins.

Well naturally enough - it's a two horse race so one drifting means the other is likely to shorten. Conor does fairly divide opinion so i guess it wouldn't be too surprising to see people lumping on Aldo - but i imagine there are just as many lumping on McGregor. I remember one lad had about 10k on him before 189 (before Aldo pulled out).

So it still seems strange to me to see such a big move - given that both are likely to be well backed. The bookies obviously have a different opinion than a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

bigkocman wrote: »
    Well naturally enough - it's a two horse race so one drifting means the other is likely to shorten. Conor does fairly divide opinion so i guess it wouldn't be too surprising to see people lumping on Aldo - but i imagine there are just as many lumping on McGregor. I remember one lad had about 10k on him before 189 (before Aldo pulled out).

So it still seems strange to me to see such a big move - given that both are likely to be well backed. The bookies obviously have a different opinion than a few weeks ago.

Whats your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Whats your opinion?

My opinion from a betting point of view is as I posted previously. I think it's a very tough one to call and as such the current odds of 10/11 vs 11/10 either way are probably fair.

In terms my opinion as to why the drift on McGregor - I'm not sure - which is why i wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts as to why - rumored injuries, trouble making weight etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

bigkocman wrote: »
    My opinion from a betting point of view is as I posted previously. I think it's a very tough one to call and as such the current odds of 10/11 vs 11/10 either way are probably fair.

In terms my opinion as to why the drift on McGregor - I'm not sure - which is why i wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts as to why - rumored injuries, trouble making weight etc.

Id imagine the price swing is due to the amount of people jumping on aldos inflated odds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lads, anyone know how to get to the Fight Club entrance on Audrie Street for the weigh-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

I reckon Aldo shoots within twenty seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

DK224 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has a Fight Club membership that isn't going to the fight? A couple of mates are coming down from NY and i was looking to get them in with us. Anyone that can send me their weigh in barcode I'll make sure they get a fight poster
    Hopeful bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know how to get to the Fight Club entrance on Audrie Street for the weigh-ins?

I'm just gonna rock up to the main entrance and hopefully get directed from there. Asked a security guy but I'm not sure if he knew what I was on about but he said go to main entrance and down some stairs or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Good interview form these irish lads and a girl on this podcast with Chael Sonnen about UFC 194.

Chael comes in at 22 minutes.

Worth a listen

Called Chapter 194

http://www.wtspod.podbean.com/

EDIT: not much about 194 just Chael :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What time is the weigh in on roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

zweton wrote: »
    What time is the weigh in on roughly?

11pm

you can watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTUpgAVwrXE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

In regards to some of the "fans" that are currently gracing Las Vegas with their presence, it's pretty similar to the type who would go to one big Ireland away game every few years. There were some right morons on my flight from London to Vegas yesterday, shouting and singing, drinking straight vodka they had bought in duty free. There were a few warnings from staff but we had no delays. Some of the Irish walking around the hotels are an embarrassment, honestly I've seen 3 or 4 that wouldn't look out of place if they were sitting on O'Connell Bridge begging for money for a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kev1234

All the pros seem to be backing Aldo. I think it's very close to call but I think Aldo has a few more weapons so I would give him the edge. I might put a small bet on Aldo. That way if Aldo wins I cover the cost of the pay per view and if Conor wins I'll be delighted and I won't care about losing the bet in the slightest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Apologies to mods if i wasn't supposed to ask but i need to try, is there any website i can watch the match online live? Dont have sports channels

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nodferatu wrote: »
    Apologies to mods if i wasn't supposed to ask but i need to try, is there any website i can watch the match online live? Dont have sports channels

Ufc.Tv . You can pay for the ppv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

kev1234 wrote: »
    All the pros seem to be backing Aldo. I think it's very close to call but I think Aldo has a few more weapons so I would give him the edge. I might put a small bet on Aldo. That way if Aldo wins I cover the cost of the pay per view and if Conor wins I'll be delighted and I won't care about losing the bet in the slightest :)

I keep flipping on how this is gonna go.Couldn't bet on Aldo though so i have decided to abstain from betting on this one,value just isn't there.

A lot of the pros picking Aldo are going off Conors last fight which he won but at times he looked in trouble but a lot of factors played into that fight which won't be at play this time.His weight cut seems to be on point this time,i'm not seeing him everywhere doing too much media and he isn't facing late any change of opponents or injuries so i'm starting to feel slightly more confident at this moment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nodferatu wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057524306

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm closing this thread now.
    Official thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057532470

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement