Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow site performance

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

When I search on touch, I get older threads under 'Best' and when I click on the 'Newest' tab, I get no results. Is that the same as you guys? I'll pass this along to tech team but I can't say how soon they will get to look at it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

When I search on touch, I get older threads under 'Best' and when I click on the 'Newest' tab, I get no results. Is that the same as you guys? I'll pass this along to tech team but I can't say how soon they will get to look at it.

Same with me.
    I use Google instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is slow again today for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Does anyone think boards should be updated/modernised/changed? I, for one, think it should be.

Niamh and Mark won't answer the above question but I can understand why. I use quite a few different forums and Xenforo is by far my favourite.

boards uses a very, very old version of vbulletin heavily modified (back in the day) to suit their needs then but seems to have remained static in terms of facilities for a long time now.

So, what do you think? Should be updated/modernised/changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

Does anyone think boards should be updated/modernised/changed? I, for one, think it should be.

Niamh and Mark won't answer the above question but I can understand why. I use quite a few different forums and Xenforo is by far my favourite.

boards uses a very, very old version of vbulletin heavily modified (back in the day) to suit their needs then but seems to have remained static in terms of facilities for a long time now.

So, what do you think? Should be updated/modernised/changed?

It would be nice if it was but I'd think that the change and the modifications needed to make it usable for standard users and mods would mean it isn't financially viable.

I mean, we can't have another balls up like the previous new version of the site. That was an utter disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I think site being slow has something to do with the last post link failing (most I've had was 5 times) and the site reloading, spread this reloading thing across X amount of users doing the same thing over and over the site will go slow.

The last post link failing has happened across lots of different subs from help desk/DRP/MMA/Android/soccer/after hours/current affairs imho etc.

Today it's being a real pain failing to go into the last posts of threads consistently

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

I think site being slow has something to do with the last post link failing (most I've had was 5 times) and the site reloading, spread this reloading thing across X amount of users doing the same thing over and over the site will go slow.

The last post link failing has happened across lots of different subs from help desk/DRP/MMA/Android/soccer/after hours/current affairs imho etc.

Today it's being a real pain failing to go into the last posts of threads consistently

And when replying it duplicates several times

Yes I get database error but then I post again so double posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

This I haven't experienced on the touch site.

Gone to hell altogether again this morning,took a few minutes to post on here

• Advertisement

Give it time

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Taking 80-90 seconds to post on threads- and new posts do not appear as new posts, until a few minutes later.

Taking 80-90 seconds to post on threads- and new posts do not appear as new posts, until a few minutes later.

Exact same ,think it's time for boards to give it an oul kick,as it's slowlllllllly going back to where it was recently

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No problems here on touch site on mobile, or full site on tablet.......

Sorry, a few short queries were running this morning that may have had a knock on effect. Things should be back to normal now though.

502 Bad Gateway all night.

502 Bad Gateway all night.

Gone slow again today- touch site,and unable to reply on some threads

Gone slow again today- touch site,and unable to reply on some threads

In what way were you unable to reply to threads - was it too slow to use or was there some other error?

In what way were you unable to reply to threads - was it too slow to use or was there some other error?

Just wouldn't let me reply, physically,all good otherwise now, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I am not sure if this is being reported elsewhere but all searches of my post history result in a 503. Thanked posts work though.

• Advertisement

I'm getting 404 no page exists for some open threads

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm getting 404 no page exists for some open threads

Yeah touch site slow as **** aswell last few nights

404s on lots of threads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Getting 503 error if i try and look back at my or ay other posters previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's back to normal now

branie2 wrote: »
    It's back to normal now

Yes slow again too for me

Thanks guys, we're aware of an issue with Search alright and are looking into it.

Thanks guys, we're aware of an issue with Search alright and are looking into it.

Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.

(Search :()

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Sorry JP Liz V1, it seems the Search issue has arisen again.

Advertisement