Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow site performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pretty sure the ancient posts thing is a separate issue - it was happening way before the slowdown.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭corks finest

Esel wrote: »
    Pretty sure the ancient posts thing is a separate issue - it was happening way before the slowdown.

Say they're linked as it was happening to me for yonks,old thread/error/and taking ages to load of at all

Esel wrote: »

Say they're linked as it was happening to me for yonks,old thread/error/and taking ages to load of at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Slowed up again for me this evening
    Added to that and the 18 year old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Maybe because there was some sort of error ( maybe 502 ) about 10 min ago. Otherwise been OK here.

Have never encountered the Lazarus issue and always use the desktop site ( might Sherlock think these two things are linked ? )

• Advertisement

Slowed up again for me this evening
    Added to that and the 18 year old threads.

Exact same

Time to disengage the flux capacitor!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

The old posts issue should be resolved for the moment - it's a temporary fix so the issue may return at some stage unfortunately. In the meantime we are looking at a more permanent fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

The old posts issue should be resolved for the moment - it's a temporary fix so the issue may return at some stage unfortunately. In the meantime we are looking at a more permanent fix.

Are there any plans to update boards to something more modern like Xenforo?

Still at it but at least ye're trying to fix it -THANKS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

EmptyTree wrote: »
    The reason the site is slow or the reason they haven't fixed it yet?? :D

Seems to be working okay now.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Let's not jinx it just in case :D

Niamh is not answering so I'm trying you Mark with this question...

Are there any plans to update boards to something more modern like Xenforo?

Boards.ie Employee

Morning WestWicklow1,

There are no plans to switch things up at the moment.

Morning WestWicklow1,

There are no plans to switch things up at the moment.

Ok, thanks Mark. Do you think boards.ie needs to be modernised?

Boards.ie Employee

This feels like a sales pitch :D

Haha... no sales pitch but a nice sidestep by you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭This is it

Maybe it's just me but seems crazy slow, certainly today and maybe yesterday too, anyone else? Noticed the same on touch.adverts.ie.

Getting Cloudfare notices too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This is it wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but seems crazy slow, certainly today and maybe yesterday too, anyone else? Noticed the same on touch.adverts.ie.

Haven't been on that much today, but no speed issue here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes adverts is having issues and has been reported.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »

I'm getting them stupid things since early last year, what gives?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I'm getting them stupid things since early last year, what gives?

They are a security measure that we use, if there is suspicious traffic to the site it may throw up a captcha before allowing users to proceed, it can also sometimes show an error when there are issues connecting to the site.

They are a security measure that we use, if there is suspicious traffic to the site it may throw up a captcha before allowing users to proceed, it can also sometimes show an error when there are issues connecting to the site.
    thanks,when I get these normally boards is inaccessible for days

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seems to have sped up again in the last few hours.

Thank-you whoever fed the hamster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread.. there was issues around old threads showing up as recent threads.. haven't had that for a while now, now it seems to have switched to keeping you from clicking into the last post of a thread.

Soccer forum>last post Man United thread>soccer forum

That was my recent experience it took 5 tries to get to the last post.

Firefox, Android, touch site I'm using.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,097 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah that happens fairly often on the touch site where the last page of the thread has one post, then a post is deleted. The number of pages in the thread should drop by one but it doesn't, and you can't see the last page of the thread (which doesn't really exist) until someone else posts something.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,373 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone having issues with search on phone, android with chrome, oldest first page only showing up

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with search on phone, android with chrome, oldest first page only showing up

Yes,and slowlllllllly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The link to the latest post on a thread is failing, sometimes. Touch site, android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭This is it

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    The link to the latest post on a thread is failing, sometimes. Touch site, android.

Yeah, it just refreshes the page. Seeing the same.

Advertisement