Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to neet new people

Options
  • 06-04-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Im 22 years old and looking to meet new people in around the portlaoise area. Is there any groups around or anything that will help meet new people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jennyjones91

I do zumba but haven't had any success :-( thanks for replying though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

I do zumba but haven't had any success :-( thanks for replying though

Unless anything / classes up in the leisure centre?
    What other interests do you have. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Roxirose

monflat wrote: »
    Unless anything / classes up in the leisure centre?
    What other interests do you have. ?

What about tag rugby or the Portlaoise athletics group meet up a few times per wk

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi OP, I am new to Portlaoise as well, I have joined the gym in the Killeshin but find it quit quiet, and classes rarely go ahead.

It's so bloody hard to find someone on same wavelength as you, the running groups I suppose would be ok, But I find people already know one another.

Do you run OP? Perhaps you want to go for a walk/run with me, like a "first date" for friends??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

If you are into fitness there are a few thingdls goin on in nigel pearsons gym up across from telfords. Classess and then other challenges outside of d gym

Or are u into toastmasters ? Like practicing to get up and talk in front of a group.

Other than that what about macra- they supposodly have a good social scene in other counties not sure about portlsoise but supposodly they are a great way to meet new people. They are not much "farmer" orientated anymore as they traditionally used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭lolly28

Sorry to bring up an old thread - just wondering how you's go on making friends?

lolly28 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old thread - just wondering how you's go on making friends?

Hi, never really had any success :-( are you in the same boat??

Yeah i am...just doesn't seem to be much to get involved with! Plus its difficult to get into something working up in Dublin 5 days a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

In the same boat as yourselves ladies.
    26 year old but stay at home mam at the minute. wish I had someone nearby for coffee or chats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im stuck in the same boat, maybe we all meet up for a group coffee or something somewhere, we all share Boards in common.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im stuck in the same boat, maybe we all meet up for a group coffee or something somewhere, we all share Boards in common.

Sounds like a good idea. Who's interested??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sounds like a good idea. Who's interested??

Im always up for making new friends even if its just a coffee once a week :)

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Im always up for making new friends even if its just a coffee once a week :)

I am up for that, where in portlaoise are we all based?

Im just on the edge of town beside the college.

I'm on the Mountrath Road so just further out!

I'm on the stradbally road

How old is everyone?

I'm 28, working full time, engaged, and currently building a house

• Advertisement

I'm 24 (nearly 25), working full time, engaged and as i said live out the mountrath road in Bellingham

I'm 23 and still living at home :-(

Are you working Jenny?

I'm 23 and still living at home :-(

No harm in living at home, sure im 32 and just moved back in with my mam.

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Are you working Jenny?

No, constantly looking and can't find anything. It's a vicious circle. You need so many years of experience but yet no one will give you any. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

No, constantly looking and can't find anything. It's a vicious circle. You need so many years of experience but yet no one will give you any. :-(

Yeah a lot of people have the same problem. I went through the same.

Keehar wrote: »
    Yeah a lot of people have the same problem. I went through the same.

Did you find work in the end?? I only ever seem to get seasonal work. Sucks really.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

Did you find work in the end?? I only ever seem to get seasonal work. Sucks really.

I did. I was lucky. The recession didn't help this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ollygolf

I'm relocating to either Portlaoise/Tullamore at the end of August for a job but this thread is starting to worry me. I'll know no one :( Is it that hard to make friends? I'm a female,in my twenties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭maydream

Hi Olly! I'm newish to portlaoise and want to meet new people too, for coffees and some nights out. Feeling very house bound at the moment but I just need to get back out there!
    Portlaoise is a nice enough spot. There are a couple of nice pubs, shopping isn't fantastic but there is a tkmax lol and a few nice gyms. Don't be worrying

Advertisement