Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa: diesel particulate filter full

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Does it not just need a service?

My car used to have the DPF light come on when the service interval was up.
    It had been set to come on as a reminder. I think.

My present car says the oil filter needs changed. Same craic. Due a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

No oil service is usually linked in bit less that 12 months to let you know it needs changing.
    Dpf issues can happen when only driving down to the shops and back and no motorway driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

greasepalm wrote: »
    No oil service is usually linked in bit less that 12 months to let you know it needs changing.
    Dpf issues can happen when only driving down to the shops and back and no motorway driving.

Which is what you'd imagine a Corsa may have been used for for most of it's life. Not a reflection on you OP, I assume it was a used buy. I bought a 161 diesel a couple of years ago but the history of the car was such that it was driven from Dub to Cork once a week so no DPF worries there.

Are the Corsa DPFs close-coupled? I know Alfa Romeo and others have the DPFs very close to the exhaust manifold so that they heat up quickly and this helps to avoid clogging.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Afurosan wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a 161 Corsa and there's a message saying the "Diesel Particulate Filter Full.Continued Driving Mandatory". I've driven it for as long as I can and it's still there. I'm an essential worker so I still need to drive my car to get to work. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Your supposed to keep driving it until the light goes off. That can be 40 to 50 kms on the corsa.
    If you turn off the ignition the timer so to speak goes back to zero. And if you continue to interrupt the cycle by turning off the ignition you'll never get it regened and it will have to be forced on a diagnostic machine.
    It also won't regen if it's gone over its service interval. Cycle through the dash board and see what the oil life is left. If its below 10% it won't regen and you'll have to at least get an oil change done.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Afurosan

Or that they are buying the wrong car for their needs.

You shouldn't make presumptions. If you read my previous posts, you would know that my daily drive to and from work was sufficient enough.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Your supposed to keep driving it until the light goes off. That can be 40 to 50 kms on the corsa.
    If you turn off the ignition the timer so to speak goes back to zero. And if you continue to interrupt the cycle by turning off the ignition you'll never get it regened and it will have to be forced on a diagnostic machine.
    It also won't regen if it's gone over its service interval. Cycle through the dash board and see what the oil life is left. If its below 10% it won't regen and you'll have to at least get an oil change done.

It won't let me move through the dash at all. The message is just stuck on the screen. I've just had the pull replaced last month - I did a full service so I'd be surprised if it's less than 70% even. I haven't had the need to leave the my house until today so I'm going to give it a long drive this afternoon and see what happens.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

It won't let me move through the dash at all. The message is just stuck on the screen. I've just had the pull replaced last month - I did a full service so I'd be surprised if it's less than 70% even. I haven't had the need to leave the my house until today so I'm going to give it a long drive this afternoon and see what happens.

I think on the corsa its on the end of the light switch.Theres 2 arrows.

If you got it serviced last months was the service light reset properly?
    Was it done in a dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

You shouldn't make presumptions. If you read my previous posts, you would know that my daily drive to and from work was sufficient enough.

Hey,
    That was not aimed at you, I did read your oist and its definitely not due to driving style in your case.
    It was more of a general observation on a lot of drivers buying diesel powered vehicles because "chape tax".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

When the car is warmed up just rev it up fully and keep the accelerator down for 5 minutes or so. That should blow a lot of the crap out of the engine.
    It will be loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

When the car is warmed up just rev it up fully and keep the accelerator down for 5 minutes or so. That should blow a lot of the crap out of the engine.
    It will be loud.

That’s nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭greasepalm

OHHHH crap the engine just blew up well thats one fix:D:D

So the car never regenerated and went into limp mode😭 not really sure what to do now as mechanics aren't "essential services".

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I think on the corsa its on the end of the light switch.Theres 2 arrows.

If you got it serviced last months was the service light reset properly?
    Was it done in a dealer?

It was done by my mechanic. He said that it's probably one of the bulbs that blew or something but considering it's now gone into limp mode. There's not much that I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

So the car never regenerated and went into limp mode�� not really sure what to do now as mechanics aren't "essential services".

If you are an essential worker and cant do without the car, contact an Opel dealer and they will open for you.

Advertisement