Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer for Honeywell EVOHome

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

I got a gas boiler and evo home installed by electric Ireland, for 3.2k (including grants/discounts).

4b semi-d in Dublin.

Now that was 3 years ago, prices cannot have changed that much.

Are you sure those quotes don't include a new boiler?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkjetdriver

regedit wrote: »
    we got the kit from the evohomeshop recently and in the process of getting a competent installer who wont charge crazy bucks. The margin of profit installers add is crazy. I can understand charing 600-100 for an all day job but anything above 1000 for installation is crazy

Thanks for your reply, I’m based in Cork.
    How much did the entire kit cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Thanks for your reply, I’m based in Cork.
    How much did the entire kit cost ?

1228 pounds so roughly 1300 Euro.
    Hoping to get it installed for roughly 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

Can I please check for the ones who are more technologically minded how complex is the electrical wiring for UFH and for the hot water?
    Found a heating expert who is comfortable to do the rads but not the electrical portion of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 corkjetdriver

Hi

Can anyone recommend an installer to me for the Honeywell Evohome ?

I’m in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

Hi,

if anyone knows of a decent installer in Dublin for Evohome, I'd really appreciate a PM.

Thanks,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

moshea wrote: »
    Hi,

if anyone knows of a decent installer in Dublin for Evohome, I'd really appreciate a PM.

Thanks,
    Michael

Same here, why is it so hard to find one online I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Has anyone had any luck with installers for this? Have bought all the gear myself for a 3 zone system.
    I only need someone to wire the junction box connecting my 3 different zone valves to each of the BRD91 units beside the boiler. The rest I can handle myself. Very small job but fearing asking anyone after seeing the prices asked for here...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭prochida

Hi

I did a self install with the following

Controller, boiler relay, water heater kit, 1 x BDR91 for kick space heater and 8 x HR 92 rad controllers a few years ago.

Added 3 more HR 92 rad controllers a few weeks ago when they were on offer with Amazon. They came with selection of adapters this time.

Defined 11 zones on the system plus hot water.

Wired it all myself. No real problem as motorized valve for water heating was already there.

Wife complains about some areas of the house being cold but that is the reason for this system.

Using online app and google to control remotely when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Can anyone recommend an installer in the north east? Thank you

😎

• Advertisement
Advertisement