Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer for Honeywell EVOHome

Options
  • 15-04-2017 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    I've recently purchased the Honeywell EVOHome smart heating kit but am really struggling to find someone to install it.

If can recommend an installer of EVOHome or similar smart heating systems in the North Dublin/Meath/Louth area I would REALLY appreciate a PM.

Thanks
    Garion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

garion wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I've recently purchased the Honeywell EVOHome smart heating kit but am really struggling to find someone to install it.

If can recommend an installer of EVOHome or similar smart heating systems in the North Dublin/Meath/Louth area I would REALLY appreciate a PM.

Thanks
    Garion

These guys installed it for me ... did a good enough job to recommend them

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Mac, pm only please!

Sorry Stoner ... wont happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

How are you finding the Honeywell?

Excellent ... I'm very happy with it. I bought it because there were very few options for multi-room/zone heating.
    The integration options could be better but its not bad, people have reverse engineered their apis but they are not public.
    There is integration with Alexa (https://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome-support) and IFTTT but not google assistant yet.
    The only gripe I have is there could be an option for stored profiles ... i.e. a summer and winter. I have 11 zones including the hot water and while you can copy schedules across days of the week, you cant do it across zones.

There is a python library with api support for backing up and restoring schedules but its not available in the app.

• Advertisement

Excellent ... I'm very happy with it. I bought it because there were very few options for multi-room/zone heating.
    The integration options could be better but its not bad, people have reverse engineered their apis but they are not public.
    There is integration with Alexa (https://getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome-support) and IFTTT but not google assistant yet.
    The only gripe I have is there could be an option for stored profiles ... i.e. a summer and winter. I have 11 zones including the hot water and while you can copy schedules across days of the week, you cant do it across zones.

There is a python library with api support for backing up and restoring schedules but its not available in the app.
    Thanks for the info. One of the reason this has come back on the radar is that Google Home is now claiming to work with it so was more interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

On my controller you can copy to both different days and zones.
    I do agree about the lack of options on the controller.
    A winter/ summer switch would have been handy a few weeks ago as the weather warmed up. Had to go through each zone and adjust down a little.
    Several options to lower the temp, eg if you are away, but none for a short boost up.

Can you PM the name of your installer please? You might also give me an idea of cost of install. Do you have many TRVs? Thanks.

I had 15, they counted and quoted 17 plus hot water ... the price was 1700 including BER but there is a 650 grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I had 15, they counted and quoted 17 plus hot water ... the price was 1700 including BER but there is a 650 grant.
    was that for supply & fit or did you source the hardware yourself?

• Advertisement

Just install ... Got the hardware from here
    https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭paulbok

That seems very high.
    Apart from installing tvr valves on rads that don't have any and two electrical connections, there isn't much more to it.
    Unless you have a house and plumbing that is a nightmare to work with, a handy day for one plumber and two hours for an electrician would easily get it done.

Is there an existing heating controller?

Cheapest quote I got was 1300 but he wasnt SEAI registered. If you manage to get it cheaper, good for you !! 
    Maybe come back here and boast about it and make me jealous :)

I was quoted €1300 for an 8 Zone system for fit & supply. That was through Electric Ireland so there was rebates and SEAI grants built into that quote.
    The same company quoted €600 for fit only of an 8 zone system

When you say 8 zone, do you mean 7 trvs + hot water?

no i mean 8 TRV's. I guess you could say 9 zones if you include the hot water

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

beanian wrote: »
    I was quoted €1300 for an 8 Zone system for fit & supply. That was through Electric Ireland so there was rebates and SEAI grants built into that quote.
    The same company quoted €600 for fit only of an 8 zone system

Hi beanian
    Any chance you could PM me the name of the company that installed for you?

Thanks
    Garion

Just to provide an update... I FINALLY tracked down an installer for my EvoHome kit and it was installed last Wednesday. 8 rads plus hot water.

It wasn't cheap but I was very happy with the service & the advice received. PM me if anyone wants the details of who I used - I presume that's not something I can just post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Just to provide an update... I FINALLY tracked down an installer for my EvoHome kit and it was installed last Wednesday. 8 rads plus hot water.

It wasn't cheap but I was very happy with the service & the advice received. PM me if anyone wants the details of who I used - I presume that's not something I can just post here?

Hi,
    Can you send me cost and contact details. Looking at it at moment.
    Thanks

Can you PM me the cost and the name of the installer too please? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

... I FINALLY tracked down an installer ... PM me if anyone wants the details ...

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

@garion

(Sent PMs to you but you may not have received them.)

@garion

(Sent PMs to you but you may not have received them.)

Sorry didn't get any PMs from you. Will send you the details now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

I got the evohome installed via electric Ireland 10 trvs and hot water kit.

I also got a boiler installed as well at the time.

When I did the sums, it wasn't worth buying the kit and paying for it to be installed separately.

Worth getting a quote with them if you are thinking about it.

It's a really good piece of kit and very happy with the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

colm_c wrote: »
    I got the evohome installed via electric Ireland 10 trvs and hot water kit.

I also got a boiler installed as well at the time.

When I did the sums, it wasn't worth buying the kit and paying for it to be installed separately.

Worth getting a quote with them if you are thinking about it.

It's a really good piece of kit and very happy with the install.

What did it cost you to do this? I am thinking of similar..
    Thanks,
    Corcadorcha

Thanks,
    Corcadorcha

Including discounts and grant, it was 2,900.

Boiler is Worchestor Bosch, would have beem slightly cheaper to get a different boiler.

Thanks,
    Corcadorcha

Boiler is Worchestor Bosch, would have beem slightly cheaper to get a different boiler.

colm_c wrote: »

That 2900 is including the boiler? any idea how much the evohome was on its own?

beanian wrote: »
    That 2900 is including the boiler? any idea how much the evohome was on its own?

That included the boiler, didn't get a quote with just evohome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Conn2012

please PM me details also..

Advertisement