Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

some body may be able to help

when i got my switch, the first thing i bought off the store was The Binding of Isacc, only available on the US store. For my character on animal Crossings, I'm stuck on the US store for buying the online sub. I signed up a new user on the european store just to buy the online sub, but this does not seem to apply to my main profile.

any way of getting back to the european store from the US one ? or any suggestions appreciated. don't really want to restart the game from the beginning again

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try logging into your account on nintendo.com (on PC/laptop) and changing your region from there. Note - if you have any credit or gold points on your US account, you may lose them when you change the account locale.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is it OK to sell off the egg stuff I craft or do I need to keep it till the 12th?

Any reason not to sell the furniture I don't want?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The better your furniture layout the higher your hha score us every Sunday the extra furniture will be needed once you upgrade your home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Not sure the layout matters, I remember in one of the old games i just fitted in as much furniture as I could into my house and I ended up getting a really high score

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »
    Try logging into your account on nintendo.com (on PC/laptop) and changing your region from there. Note - if you have any credit or gold points on your US account, you may lose them when you change the account locale.

I have a secondary account stuck on the US store as it has 1 cent and they won't let me change the location of the account with money on it. It's now my secondary account, set up a new account as the primary in Ireland.
    The better your furniture layout the higher your hha score us every Sunday the extra furniture will be needed once you upgrade your home

I lobbed all the bunny stuff* into my house, mostly against the wall or in relevant groups and got an S rank. I guess they didn't notice the giant monster statue in the corner of the main room (4x4 tiles, it's HUGE, I love it).

*have everything built, now have to wait until the 12th so these eggs will go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

I've noticed a thing that happens when fishing.

Whenever I have full pockets and catch a fish (or egg!) I'm certain I don't want, I have a tendency to smash on the B button.
    For the most part doing this will advance the text and auto-jump to and select 'Release it' or whatever the option says.

However, I've noticed that with specific fish or perhaps depending on some other criteria that doing this occasionally does not make the option move down to 'release'.
    Instead it stalls hovered over the 'Swap it' choice and doesn't proceed to the next screen unless I press the A button on either option.

Anybody know if there is a reason for this?

I'd considered that maybe it could be the games way of nudging you to say 'are you sure about that?' when you risk tossing a fish that is worth more than others you're already holding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Do you have to pay to advance in this game even though you've paid for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

s1ippy wrote: »
    Do you have to pay to advance in this game even though you've paid for the game?

There are no IAPs or other pay to win features.
    There is in fact no way to win. Animal Crossing is a journey not a destination

There is a meta-market where players trade for stuff that you earn or fluke your way to in the game for free but that's not part of the actual game.

The only features you have to pay extra for are :
    Online - required for visiting other players' islands, this is for Nintendo online subscribers only
    A second island - if you've misunderstood what the game is about and want different islands for every player in your house, they'll each need a switch of their own.

You pay or else Nook sends the bunny followed by hoards of balloons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Does anyone have roses on their island? I have tulips, hyacinths, cosmos & pansies. I think roses is the only one I’m missing.

If you do, can you share a dodo code?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,562 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Having to switch to the vaulting pole or ladder every time I need to use one of them is a real slog, don't understand why it doesn't just automatically use the pole if I press B at a stream or the ladder if I press it at a ledge. The tool wheel being bound to up on the D-Pad is also a confusing choice, especially because you select from the wheel with the left stick, meaning both actions are made for your left thumb. Why not have the entirely unused L button bring up the wheel, or allow you to make the selection with the right stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Having to switch to the vaulting pole or ladder every time I need to use one of them is a real slog, don't understand why it doesn't just automatically use the pole if I press B at a stream or the ladder if I press it at a ledge. The tool wheel being bound to up on the D-Pad is also a confusing choice, especially because you select from the wheel with the left stick, meaning both actions are made for your left thumb. Why not have the entirely unused L button bring up the wheel, or allow you to make the selection with the right stick?

I wish it had something like Minecraft for switching tools.

You can move items around in your inventory if you press and hold the select button. So then if you put the ladder and pole beside one another you can flick between them with left/right on the D-pad.

On top of that, pretty sure neither the pole nor ladder can break as that could leave you stranded on a Nook Miles island forever, so if you put them beside eachother once, they'll always be beside eachother, unlike breakable and recraftable tools.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I also wish you could craft multiple items at once - making 25 wooden toys just so I can make 25 wooden bookcases is no fun. You can save a few seconds per craft by mashing the A button but still not great. Also wish you could pick things off the ground faster. Minor niggles though.

I fished a tire out of a river on my island last night and also learned that you can pole vault across a river and into a hole you have dug! :D

Gotta sell one of my Animal Crossing to pay for a new Switch bye bye Bluebear and Hyrule

Is there a tool or a site somewhere that shows what fish/bugs are available currently based on hemisphere and time of day? Even a spreadsheet I could filter rather than a list showing all fish regardless of the fact that I can't catch them because they aren't available after 4pm

If Flick shows up in your game, don't give them the first crappy butterfly you can catch 3 of, cause they only take one commission at a time.

The swine ran off and hid so thinking theyd left I ended up selling a bunch of white mantises for face value then the bollox saunters out from behind a house and starts asking for bugs.

• Advertisement

Him and turnip girl go hiding out at the beach or the bamboo plants for me hoping that slimball Redd makes am appearance soon too he's worse than Nook.

Looks like the new patch tones down egg appearance rates - good news for the iron-deficient!

Edit - shudda said 'eggcellent news..." :(

The drop rate ramps back up on Egg Day.
    I think you only need 34 or 35 of each egg to make all the furniture that you need to earn the reward.
    Gotta sell one of my Animal Crossing to pay for a new Switch bye bye Bluebear and Hyrule
    Do you mean the game or a switch?
    If the former, it's one island per switch, does it know the difference between carts?

Otherwise - No way to system transfer that save to the new switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

How do you know when you have all the Easter Egg Crafting recipes ?

I found that nightmare fuel Rabbit standing over Gulliver's incapacitated body on the beach so I feel like I have to craft all the items or the surprise will be my villager's head inside an egg :pac:

Game I'm selling it to buy a Hori Split pad if that doesn't work I'm gonna buy another switch lite and cover it in diamondium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Reading back on what you lot are doing in your games I really don't know what I'm at.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any tips for getting Iron Nuggets? Herself only has 9 after 5 or 6 days of playing and she needs 30 nuggets, 30 soft wood and 30 hard wood to build the shop.

The problem is she gets some but then her fishing rod or her axe or her shovel break and it takes one to build a new one.

She's under a bit of pressure at the minute because Tom Nook is giving her death stares to pay off another loan :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Any tips for getting Iron Nuggets? Herself only has 9 after 5 or 6 days of playing and she needs 30 nuggets, 30 soft wood and 30 hard wood to build the shop.

The problem is she gets some but then her fishing rod or her axe or her shovel break and it takes one to build a new one.

She's under a bit of pressure at the minute because Tom Nook is giving her death stares to pay off another loan :pac:

The drop rate for the nuggets seem to have gone back to normal since the recent patches so you should be getting at least 3 nuggets on average for every rock - I’m assuming you’re getting the full 8 items from each rock (using holes or whatever to stop the knock-back). Before the patches I was struggling to get them also because of all the poxy eggs but it’s much better now.

Anyway, for a start I’d stop making anything that requires iron. You can get by just fine with wooden tools until after you’ve got the 30.

Bash all the rocks you can on your own island then get a few Nook tickets and do the same on those islands.

And if she’s still stuck then send over a code and I can hop on a flight with some nuggets. Some nice boardsies helped me out so only right to pay it forward. :)

If you go to an island dodo pilot will sell you flimsy tools for 100 miles each

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks lads I'll let her know.

She had been get 6-8 items per rock using the hole trick so I think she was just mistiming a hit.

• Advertisement

Earth Day in two weeks get your island cleaned up before then pull your weeds used them to make haybeds and sell the beds to the Nooklings. Keep some clumps of weeds in your storage too. But definitely get to clearing the weeds asap.

Advertisement