Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭micks_address

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Just checked the app, you can edit the map and then merge/divide rooms.

Thanks. To many people around now to let loose..if I could do the kitchen could let it work there

week now with the s5 max... i let it loose every morning downstairs when the house clears for school.. lift everything off the floor to give it a clear run.. surprised at the amount of stuff in the dust bin each day.. tried the mop this morning.. made up a bottle of water with a little flash and misted the floor first with it.. did a pretty good job.. havent gone upstairs yet as the floors just have to much crap on them

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/rybtenvnsmmlokwqltlusp9rqboi6ja1m.html

S5 Max down to €328.69 + Delivery. Cheapest I've seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Diaell wrote: »

Pulled the trigger on this today, had been looking at it bit and with the extra discount today went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

I got an Roborock S5 plus a few days ago ...really happy with it and the mop also does an excellent job. Could anyone tell me where they have ordered original spare parts from. There are a few on Amazon but they don't seem to be original parts . thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

quartz1 wrote: »
    I got an Roborock S5 plus a few days ago ...really happy with it and the mop also does an excellent job. Could anyone tell me where they have ordered original spare parts from. There are a few on Amazon but they don't seem to be original parts . thanks

I haven't ordered any parts yet but tedpan did post here earlier in th ethread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone know of somewhere selling mop clothes for the roborock S5 Max with quick delivery? Only seem to be finding Chinese sellers with long ETAs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

xckjoo wrote: »
    Anyone know of somewhere selling mop clothes for the roborock S5 Max with quick delivery? Only seem to be finding Chinese sellers with long ETAs

I’ve seen plenty on Amazon. Probably not genuine and definitely cost more than genuine on AliExpress.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=roborock+s5+max+accessories&rh=p_76%3A419158031&dc&crid=RU673LK68RIT&qid=1603638329&rnid=419157031&sprefix=Roborock+%2Caps%2C145&ref=sr_nr_p_76_1

alec76 wrote: »

I swear I checked amazon and couldn't find the mop cloths on their own. But there they are. Thanks alec!

I ordered these with my new S5 Max and they work perfectly ...arrived in just a few days

I ordered a set of brushes and roller from Ali Express because I didn't know if any of the Amazon parts which don't appear to be genuine are ok

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I came across that site when I started searching for the S5, but didn't have much faith it in. Reviews of the site range from "great", to "the great reviews are fake" to "the reviews aren't fake it's great".

Ordered off Amazon last week for £379. Seems to be a hot buy these days and vendors are selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I came across that site when I started searching for the S5, but didn't have much faith it in. Reviews of the site range from "great", to "the great reviews are fake" to "the reviews aren't fake it's great".

Ordered off Amazon last week for £379. Seems to be a hot buy these days and vendors are selling out.
    Ordered from eglobal and no issues at all. Arrived in less than a week.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Ordered from eglobal and no issues at all. Arrived in less than a week.

It is support and warranty claims you have to worry about, otherwise eglobal good enough.

What parts are people ordering for the s5 max? Just curious what will go first. Ours does the downstairs daily.

What parts are people ordering for the s5 max? Just curious what will go first. Ours does the downstairs daily.
    I'm just getting mop heads so I can mop daily and just throw the head in for the wash after. Won't have to worry about getting them cleaned nightly.

I ordered a complete set from AliExpress .... supposedly Original ..roller, sweepers, filter etc just.to have them spare ..I would like to be able to wash the hepa filter and give it time to dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

https://www.eglobalcentral.com/en_GB/review/product/list/id/33690/#review-form
    down to 300GBP now
    in 2 minds now, buy now or wait for black friday...so confused

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thinking about getting another, this time as a Christmas present for a family member. I bought a Robock S50 from TomTop in Nov 2018, it came via UPS. I hardly use the mop at all. I use a travel adapter because it has a two pin plug.

Apart from Amazon, eGlobal and Alixpress, are there to others to run a price check on? Speed of delivery isn't important, but further away will take longer re my Christmas target. I know normal post is quite slow at the moment.

I've not really kept up with the newer models, but then having the latest and great isn't a necessity for everything. Would an s4 (or is e4?) suffice, if I'm not looking for the mop feature?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

S5 Max going for € 372,38 at the moment on AliExpress - from Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Thinking about getting another, this time as a Christmas present for a family member. I bought a Robock S50 from TomTop in Nov 2018, it came via UPS. I hardly use the mop at all. I use a travel adapter because it has a two pin plug.

Apart from Amazon, eGlobal and Alixpress, are there to others to run a price check on? Speed of delivery isn't important, but further away will take longer re my Christmas target. I know normal post is quite slow at the moment.

I've not really kept up with the newer models, but then having the latest and great isn't a necessity for everything. Would an s4 (or is e4?) suffice, if I'm not looking for the mop feature?
    The e4 and e35 roborock are on amazon uk site with some reviews.

• Advertisement

I bought my s5 max for 348 from eu global...it's been as low as 320ish I think
    S5 Max going for € 372,38 at the moment on AliExpress - from Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

I'm hoping to take the plunge on a Roborock S5 Max soon. I'm not in any rush with it. Do people think 11.11 sale on Aliexpress will be the best price or is it best to wait for Black Friday.

Definitely 11.11 for Chinese. I won’t expecting price going lower €320 mark .You could get some coupons from AliExpress though.
    I’ve collected $50 off last year for 11.11

Yeah, the €320 ish has come up here before - eGlobal.

E4 doesn't have the laser.

Yeah, the €320 ish has come up here before - eGlobal.

E4 doesn't have the laser.

its currently at 299GBP
    https://www.eglobalcentral.com/en_GB/rqrv0kw7mjmkpmpehtjzhmohhiysp6h5m.html

is this the right product? it looks a great price
    it is from eglobal dot com site. eglobal eu does not have the stock.
    are they both same shop?
    does it come from within eu and not applicable for customs?

Strange. When I searched eGlobal yesterday and today I got 'Your search returns no results.'

Strange. When I searched eGlobal yesterday and today I got 'Your search returns no results.'

strangely on .eu site i get no results.
    as others have said, its very hard to search on their site.
    but is .eu and .com coming from within EU?

Same thing was happening to me last time I tried the site. I assumed they were out-of-stock at the time but in hindsight I think it was just the search function being weird

xckjoo wrote: »
    Same thing was happening to me last time I tried the site. I assumed they were out-of-stock at the time but in hindsight I think it was just the search function being weird

yeah was same when i tired to order few months ago.. i just did a google search and got direct link

• Advertisement

i got it through google search too. as of now eu site says it is on 350 euros. so not a bad price without customs fee

Advertisement