Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hermione* wrote: »
    Link location says it's asos, although I can't see on the site.

Thanks. Yeah, I went through the site earlier looking for it as the model looked like an ASOS model but I couldn't see it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭belle_09

janeybabe wrote: »
    I have those IC shoes. I walked about 20 feet before I took off the charms because they were annoying me. :D Other than that they are fairly comfortable.

Charms are already gone - they are a little noisy!! Have a few pairs of Irregular Choice and I find them so comfy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Pythia wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah, I went through the site earlier looking for it as the model looked like an ASOS model but I couldn't see it :(

it is a french connection jumper - on asos or frenchconnection.co.uk (cheaper on FC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

2qc2nip.jpg
    2sb1zid.jpg

Bought this today. There was a penny in it when I bought it. I thought that was a nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Bought this on eBay yesterday. €5.25 including postage.

%21B%29E%21%21pQBmk%7E$%28KGrHqYOKioEwQ1L-nhpBML2n2iB8%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

Sorry the pic is small, I couldn't find a bigger photo.
    The dress arrived on Thursday and when I took it out of the package I saw the zip on the back of the dress is broken.:(

Absolutely nothing about the zip being broken was mentioned in the listing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That's a shame PurpleBobbin, you're entitled to a refund as the advert was misleading though.

Here are my latest impulse buys, despite the fact that I'm supposed to be buying boring stuff like furniture and curtains and whatnot instead :pac:

Cardigan - €14

Shoes - €35

Both from Tesco Maynooth, the clothes section is massive!

Edit: Fixed :o

Dolorous wrote: »
    That's a shame PurpleBobbin, you're entitled to a refund as the advert was misleading though.

Here are my latest impulse buys, despite the fact that I'm supposed to be buying boring stuff like furniture and curtains and whatnot instead :pac:

Cardigan - €14

Shoes - €35

Both from Tesco Maynooth, the clothes section is massive!
    Thanks Dolorous, I've opened a dispute in PayPal as the seller didn't reply to my message/email about the broken zip which I had originally sent to them through eBay.

Btw, Your pics aren't showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Love the shoes dolorous and who needs furniture and what not when you can have pretty clothes and shoes!:p

After trying to be good regarding my shopping habits lately, I've stayed outside of the shops but eh the internet can be a dangerous place(especially here, I've oohed and ahhed over so many things but I've always refrained:p) and I somehow ended up on asos. whoops!

But I got them for winter! So I need them!:pac:

[IMG]http://[/img]picture1twe.png

[IMG]
    http://[/img]picture2bt.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I'm not really a shoe person but I love those shoes Dorolous, going to check out my local tescos tomorrow for a pair. Are they narrow fitting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

lindtee wrote: »
    I'm not really a shoe person but I love those shoes Dorolous, going to check out my local tescos tomorrow for a pair. Are they narrow fitting?

Yeah they're narrow enough, though the buckle is elasticated so I think it could accomodate wider feet too. They had them in red and brown too but the green were my favourite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Dolorous wrote: »

Want....

But can't have, damn boyfriend isn't tall enough for me to be wearing heels around :( They are so damn nice especially in that colour, been searching for the perfect pair of green mary janes for ages if only they were more flat..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Sapsorrow wrote: »
    Want....

But can't have, damn boyfriend isn't tall enough for me to be wearing heels around :( They are so damn nice especially in that colour, been searching for the perfect pair of green mary janes for ages if only they were more flat..
    Wear heels anyway. He'll get over it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

OldGoat wrote: »

I'll second that, it generally only bothers men for all of 2min, then it's a shrug of the shoulders and a mehhh whatever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Lol he actually loves really tall women it's me that hates it! I feel too amazonian and awkward if I'm much taller than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I have a friend who stands 6'1" in her stocking feet. She wears 6" heels on a night out and she looks stunning getting nothing but admiring comments.
    Never hide the height difference, emphasise it! :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I have a friend who stands 6'1" in her stocking feet. She wears 6" heels on a night out and she looks stunning getting nothing but admiring comments.
    Never hide the height difference, emphasise it! :)

+1

I come from a family of tall people. Dad was 6"6", uncle 6"7", Gran 6"2", Brother 6"6" and all my female cousins are around the 6" mark. I am the shortest at 5"8". I always lived in heels but as I put on weight go harder to wear them, now that I have lost a lot of weight I am back in heels and ofter level with hubby who is 6"2"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭sharms

I had to have this lol I have the tote, but I just think this is so cute!

http://www.uttamdirect.com/products/Yumi-Cupcake-Dress.html/

http://www.box-clothing.co.uk/womens-2/jackets-coats-38/firetrap-womens-chandos-cardigan-200609-60005.jpg (Firetrap Cardi)

Also got a black Yumi dress with cream lace on it but can't find a pic

Loads more but can't find pics lol

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

Went shopping and got some nice bits in the sale. The purple satin dress in Awear was only €10! I bought the shoes in Penneys but the black ones I got today. Not sure which suits the dress better, any ideas!?

Also bought a cute skirt in H&M, some really hot red heels in Barretts, and some sleepwear in Penneys. Oh yeah and also got a little "vintage tea dress" (as it said on the receipt) for only €7.

Will post some pix of them later if anyone's interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Wish I had your legs:(

I'm sure your legs are great :)
    Mine look better in high heels anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I like the black shoes. I saw them in Penneys, but wasn't sure about them. They look nice on though. Will have to go and take a second look at them now, damn! :rolleyes:

You were talking about getting make up/makeover done a while ago. Did you get it done at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

121677.jpg

These but in a nude colour. I already have them in this colour and they are by far the most comfortable pair of heels I own. :)

Yeah Rhubarb they're comfortable enough.
    I never got the makeover done yet. Am a bit nervous about having one in public and don't really want someone coming to where I live to do one. Someday I will!
    I've attached a pic of the dress I got on sale in Penneys for €7. Also the skirt in H&M for a fiver and a garter belt for €4 from Penneys. The shoes were €18 in Barretts on Henry St. I tried them on in the shop and the salesgirl found it very amusing! I was blushing quite brightly :p

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/161540/121677.jpg

These but in a nude colour. I already have them in this colour and they are by far the most comfortable pair of heels I own. :)
    Have you got a link to them on the website you bought them from please?

Thanks.

Barratts.co.uk

But I bought them instore. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've attached a pic of the dress I got on sale in Penneys for €7.
    Love that dress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

121677.jpg

where you get these???

• Advertisement

Barratts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Waiting for this to arrive from Next.co.uk

Will work in summer AND winter (investment piece) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

http://www.janenorman.co.uk/fcp/product/buy-fashion-look-fabulous/bags/studded-handle-slouch-bag/8896?colour=pink

I got this bag from Jane Norman :)

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_103010272363_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Women

This in the sale at debenhams, I also got a henry holland dress in debenhams which I can't find a pic of but I got it free because they were doing buy one get one free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Another bikini for hols.. Debenhams €40

bikinitopbw.jpg

bikinibottomsbw.jpg

Shoes.. not for hols €43 :D:D:D

wedgesq.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Love the Penguin tee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Twee. wrote: »
    Love the Penguin tee.

Me too!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Twee. wrote: »
    Love the Penguin tee.
    Larianne wrote: »
    Me too!!! :)

Nearly getting a navy one but well the mammy was looking at her credit card bill racking up big time.:D Next time!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just bought the last one of these

image1xl.jpg
    http://www.asos.com//Calvin-Klein/Calvin-Klein-Perfectly-Fit-Push-Up-Bra/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=892793

Less than €20 because I got an extra 20% off because they fucked up an order. Muahaha.

Boots Shoe Rack €50

bootsb.jpg

Earrings Oasis €12

earringsg.png
    Plaited cuff Oasis €12

plaitedcuffbracelet.png
    Have got to stop shopping now! :rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Boots Shoe Rack €50

bootsb.jpg

:eek: I love!

Thanks Cork Girl,,, decided to snap them up when I saw them, will see me through winter hopefully :D Love grey shoes/boots.. even though they call these black?!!???:confused:

Forgot the top,,, Oasis €47.....

topg.jpg:D:D

• I have this dress and its lovely on, but be careful what bag you wear with it, I had a woven one and the side of the dress bobbled with one wear. The shoulders are a bit fiddly though as well but its an all round great dress!

I have it too and my main issue is the foldover bit at the front flaps open when you walk, so you have to wear it with tights unless you want to display your knickers :D Fits so well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

^ I had to send it back. I'm too tall for it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I have it too and my main issue is the foldover bit at the front flaps open when you walk, so you have to wear it with tights unless you want to display your knickers :D Fits so well though.

Yeah! It's a lovely detail but awkward when you walk! I wouldn't wear it without tights either.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

Just bought this off ASOS. I hope it's as pretty in real life :)

image1xl.jpgimage2s.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got both of these in Miss Selfridge.

17S48FMUL_thumb.jpg

17S04FPNK_thumb.jpg

Belly bar from The Piercing Look £7.95

bellybar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement