Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Check out the mynudies.com forum for some dry wash tips. One hotwash won't really throw you out much. When I buy a new pair I like to wait 6 months before "washing" them using any kind of water. 6 months is a bit of a in the air approach towards selvage denim in general, but a good idea is to wear them almost exclusively for a 6 month period doing a variety of activities. At first I was a bit apprehensive of the smell factor and the stains I'd inevitably pick up but I managed to do ok stain-wise and my close friends and fam assured me I didn't smell :pac:

I've only tried the bath method (literally lying in a bath of tepid water wearing the jeans and using a natural sponge on the stains) and the hilarious and all around lolz sea bathing method. I had similar results to the OP in the sea bathing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Tell me nobody actually paid a grand for a handbag! Tell me it's not true!!!!!!!!!

I'm afraid it's true :o Fools rush in and all that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Seriously, you handed over over a thousand euro for a handbag? It's lovely and all, but...............*horrified face*!!
    Are you a banker? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    I do remember Ray D'Arcy doing a survey on the average amount of time people wear a pair of jeans before washing them, and I THINK it was something like 4 days? Your jeans will get really worn down and lose their colour if you wash them after every time you wear them, and unless they were visibly dirty or smelly, I'd wear them a good few times before washing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Emmsy wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's true :o Fools rush in and all that.:)

If you can afford it then go for it! Nothing wrong with spending your hard-earned cash! :)

eVeNtInE wrote: »

It's raw denim. You wear it over a long time to make it fit you properly. Most jeans you buy on the highstreet are made of "washed" denim and won't form fit over time like raw denim.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Dry or raw denim, as opposed to washed denim, is a denim fabric that is not washed after being dyed during its production. Over time, denim will generally fade, which is often considered desirable.

Most denim is washed after being crafted into an article of clothing in order to make it softer and to eliminate any shrinkage which could cause an item to not fit after the owner washes it. In addition to being washed, non-dry denim is sometimes artificially "distressed" to achieve a worn-in look.

Much of the appeal of dry denim lies in the fact that with time the fabric will fade in a manner similar to factory distressed denim. With dry denim, however, such fading is affected by the body of the person who wears the jeans and the activities of his or her daily life. This creates what many enthusiasts feel to be a more natural, unique look than pre-distressed denim.

To facilitate the natural distressing process, some wearers of dry denim will often abstain from washing their jeans for more than six months, though it is not a necessity for fading. Often, enthusiasts will just hang their unwashed denim to help get rid of the smell. Another tip which denim enthusiasts tend to opt for, is to place their jeans in the freezer as this draws the odors out of the denim

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

got another pair of nudie's today.

58 euro, fricking bargain :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Got jeans in River Island on sale for 24e. They're distressed denim, almost black, like a charcoal colour. I reckon they didn't sell on account of the annoying jewel like button which barely fits the hole and has little studs that will more than likely fall out sooner or later. Ah well, I can just change it, no big deal in changing a button. I really hate the way I'm in between sizes in there, an 8 is too tight and a 10 too loose! I opted for the 10 for comfort, just hope it doesn't stretch too much, like previous pairs....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Got jeans in River Island on sale for 24e. They're distressed denim, almost black, like a charcoal colour. I reckon they didn't sell on account of the annoying jewel like button which barely fits the hole and has little studs that will more than likely fall out sooner or later. Ah well, I can just change it, no big deal in changing a button. I really hate the way I'm in between sizes in there, an 8 is too tight and a 10 too loose! I opted for the 10 for comfort, just hope it doesn't stretch too much, like previous pairs....

Oh, those buttons are sooo stupid! I work in RI and seriously, those buttons are the bane of my life! They hurt your fingers when you're trying to open and close them, they get stuck 'cause the hole isn't big enough and then they fall off 'cause you've been pulling and pushing at it! Grrrr! :mad:

I always just buy the smaller size! Yeah, I'll look like I've been melted and poured into my jeans for a day or two but then they stretch and as the joke goes, How do you know a River Island girl? She's the one bending over and holding on to her jeans at the back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Novella wrote: »
    Oh, those buttons are sooo stupid! I work in RI and seriously, those buttons are the bane of my life! They hurt your fingers when you're trying to open and close them, they get stuck 'cause the hole isn't big enough and then they fall off 'cause you've been pulling and pushing at it! Grrrr! :mad:

I always just buy the smaller size! Yeah, I'll look like I've been melted and poured into my jeans for a day or two but then they stretch and as the joke goes, How do you know a River Island girl? She's the one bending over and holding on to her jeans at the back!

Those are the exact buttons :P

I was going to but there was seious muffin top going on in the changing room :( I have a pair in a size 8 but I never feel 100% comfortable in them and usually only wear them when I'm thinner. They're not a million miles away from the pair I bought today so I kinda have a pair for both fat and thin days now :P Hahaha that's soooo true! I love their styles though, total sucker for RI here!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yey! I got stuffs in sales!

Could only find a picture of a few things though...

1zl50lu.jpg

2uz8dc0.jpg

2wp1ag4.jpg
    (I hope, themed with the right items, I won't look like a whorebag in it!)

Others include a pair of leopard print pumps and ankle boots - both the last ones in the shop, in my size, for at least half the original price! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Where did you get that last skirt. Looking for something like that myself.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got it in Evans! Tis flippin huge on, but better than muffintop!

I forgot about my littlewoods order :o Again, all half price or less, and I found a €15 discount coupon online! WIN!

imageunavailable

imageunavailable

imageunavailable

imageunavailable

products%5C30134_n.jpg

30056_01_p.jpg

<3omgiluvsalez<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    products%5C30134_n.jpg

30056_01_p.jpg

<3omgiluvsalez<3

Love them. Where are they from?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This dress and a pink oversized beanie.

Stella777 wrote: »
    Love them. Where are they from?

Shirt was £17 from Lewins and the jacket is A&F, half price! 80$!

jenizzle wrote: »
    Yey! I got stuffs in sales!

Could only find a picture of a few things though...

1zl50lu.jpg

Where's this from? so pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bought these gorgeous Puma satin ballerina flats while in the States - somewhere in the region of $30. They're a really royal blue colour.

413T2cHBHKL._AA280_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

102159.jpg

Shoooooes! So comfortable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

:D Merry Xmas to me, pressies from the bf!

Yes I know it's weird I have the grey bag and green boots, but I got the grey boots 2 months before xmas, so he got me the bag to match them!

I LOVE the green boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I LOVE the green boots.

:D I searched high and low for them the past two years, trawling Ireland, the UK, Ebay and other sale sites and no luck. Then woohooo I get them for Xmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

69C31WBLE_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

New jeggings from Oasis, lovely and soft

3250146722.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

These J Brand jeans. They are the "Heartbreaker" style. I love this brand because it fits perfectly and has excellent quality without having embelishments on the back pockets.

[URL="javascript:window.close();"]1453_tyro_b.jpg[/URL]

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement