Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical agricultural officer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chris__93

I've applied but I havent heard a peep from them. I emailed public jobs and they forwarded my message onto the department but no reply since.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

Results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John Ryan 99

Carlow20 wrote: »
    Results are out

How high on panel would you have to did Finish to have a chance of getting job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭StevenToast

How high on panel would you have to did Finish to have a chance of getting job

How high did you finish?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

How high did you finish?

• Advertisement

How high did you finish?

Not great

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hillbillygirl

Lads whats the story with my message?

"Further to your participation at Stage 1 of the selection process for the above mentioned competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 22 on the order of merit. "

22 in Ireland or where as I said above I never picked counties??

Lads whats the story with my message?

"Further to your participation at Stage 1 of the selection process for the above mentioned competition, I am pleased to inform you that you have reached the qualifying standard and have been placed 22 on the order of merit. "

22 in Ireland or where as I said above I never picked counties??

I think it’s for whole country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

I would imagine it is 22 in Ireland

Im in the 90's

Does this mean that 21 people will be considered for a position before this person is interviewed?

When will we be asked to pick our county choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hillbillygirl

timple23 wrote: »
    Does this mean that 21 people will be considered for a position before this person is interviewed?

I'd imagine that the first 50-100 or more will be called to interview and then they will be ranked in order again and then broken down into counties?

• Advertisement

I have no idea how this works.......for example, What if the top 50 are based in Cork, Dublin Galway and Kerry......will they skip all them and go straight to number 51 if a spot opens up in Donegal??

With the recent EO competition, it was more clear cut where you stand....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jbel

Scored 55 49 56, placed 604 I may forget about it

I didnt think there would be hundreds of people applying for this!....there must have been well over a thousand anyway!

I didnt think there would be hundreds of people applying for this!....there must have been well over a thousand anyway!

Ye at least a thousand my friend places 783!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Carlow20

I got into the top 20, very happy. Hopefully they dont drag this campaign out like the other campaigns out there

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mulzy

Hi guys, first time posting here. Just wondering if anyone has the link to the information booklet for the TAO 2020 role. I don't appear to have saved it and can't find it online. Best of luck to everyone with the rest of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Mac1993

mulzy wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time posting here. Just wondering if anyone has the link to the information booklet for the TAO 2020 role. I don't appear to have saved it and can't find it online. Best of luck to everyone with the rest of the process.

Attached hopefully wrt the counties selection it says...
    Following Stage one of the selection process, we will be in contact with regard to location choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mulzy

Mac1993 wrote: »
    Attached hopefully wrt the counties selection it says...
    Following Stage one of the selection process, we will be in contact with regard to location choices.

Thanks so much!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Jbel wrote: »
    Scored 55 49 56, placed 604 I may forget about it

Placed 495 myself. Very disappointed as I thought I'd done much better than I did.

Was order of merit decided solely on aptitude test or the information we supplied also on application form?

• Advertisement

Was order of merit decided solely on aptitude test or the information we supplied also on application form?

There is no way they went through the application forms of nearly 1000 people to place them in an OOM!!

Im certain they were based solely on the aptitude test....

An application form wouldnt be looked at until an interview was being conducted...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Got scored 699 in the test. Think il be holding onto the notice for another while

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ag20152019

Has anyone received any correspondence from PAS/Dept about an interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

Ag20152019 wrote: »
    Has anyone received any correspondence from PAS/Dept about an interview yet?

Nope. We still have to be contacted about our County preferences before being called for an interview.

nicchick88 wrote: »
    Nope. We still have to be contacted about our County preferences before being called for an interview.

Other than meat factories and DVOs where would TAOs generally work?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nicchick88

Other than meat factories and DVOs where would TAOs generally work?

Not too sure. I had a similar role back from my home country, and mostly work worked out the office performing animal health and welfare work. They do have a role description in the DAFM website!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ag20152019

Has anyone received any contact yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Had an update as an administration error had messed up my results!! So I've moved up the order of merit.

It states on it that they'll be in contact by the end of the month for county preferences

Did you move up by much?

• Advertisement

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Had an update as an administration error had messed up my results!! So I've moved up the order of merit.

It states on it that they'll be in contact by the end of the month for county preferences

Ya...i got the same....i jumped nearly 50 places...
    Im in the top 50 now!

Advertisement