Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Couldn't you have asked a mod to change your name?
    I think you've to subscribe or something to do it? I'll be doing it myself soon.
    Watching AGDQ doing Yoshi's Island, touched fuzzy, I got dizzy, it's a sign? (and I've an ear infection)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yeah. Subscription to change usernames, although that's really for just vanity changes. If you make your case I think they might oblige you.

Also second accounts aren't really an issue unless you're using it to circumvent a ban.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You'll need to ask an admin to change your username but pretty sure they will oblige you if it's something genuine like not wanting to have you real name or clues to your real name in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And, are you allowed to just close one account and open another?

There's absolutely no problem with that, so long as it's not to get around a ban, or not having two going at the same time.

His old account is closed now though, so there's no recovering it anyway.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'll need to ask an admin to change your username but pretty sure they will oblige you if it's something genuine like not wanting to have you real name or clues to your real name in it.
    Is there a certain admin to ask? I thought admin and mod would be the same
    Well I didn't think too much on my username unfortunately. Maybe I should send them a PM.

There's a character in Dragonage called Sera and she's the absolute worst.

I think the message 'Sera disapproves of this' is going to be screen burned into my TV as it pops up so often whenever I do anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sera wrote: »
    Well I didn't think too much on my username unfortunately. Maybe I should send them a PM.

Ask in the helpdesk and an admin will help you I'm sure.

Admins and mods are quite different.

DinoRex wrote: »
    There's a character in Dragonage called Sera and she's the absolute worst.

I think the message 'Sera disapproves of this' is going to be screen burned into my TV as it pops up so often whenever I do anything.
    No way, don't think you should play FF13 either
    SERAH! X100

╮(-_-||)╭
    Thank you for your email. I'm afraid username changes are only available to subscribers. If you wish to just change your username, you can subscribe for 1 month at a cost of €5 and request the change in the Subscriber's forum. Details on subscribing can be found on this page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056950118.

There is an administrative cost involved with name changes and therefore we must charge for this service.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But, no one could guess from your username that you are actually a 58 year old truck driver from Kildare called Alan.
    Damn, let the cat out of the bag.....

But, no one could guess from your username that you are actually a 58 year old truck driver from Kildare called Alan.
    Damn, let the cat out of the bag.....
    Alan aka Red
    Red.PNG
    Surely all truck drivers like Gal Gun though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Alan aka Red
    Red.PNG
    Surely all truck drivers like Gal Gun though
    You mean you didn't die of food poisoning? Homer did a trucker's job just for nothing? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?

You mean you didn't die of food poisoning? Homer did a trucker's job just for nothing? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?
    I dyed my hair and became Man vs Food.
    Keep on truckin'!

I dyed my hair and became Man vs Food.
    Keep on truckin'!
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

At the moment Aldi are selling slate place mats with little rubber feet. 2 mats and 2 coasters for 7.99.

I bought two packs. Why? Speaker isolation podiums! :pac:

Lashed two under each of my speakers and it's cancelled the reverb I was getting across the floor and through the house. Able to lash the volume right up now without annoying neighbours nearly as much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, what your saying is, they are still annoyed just only to 10, they don't go all the way to 11

Master of the Universe

Apparently they also cancel out the bad mouthing of Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Went to Retrogamer website to order that Amiga book, what a rubbish website.. Sold out and the poxy digital version is Xinio or iStuff only so screw that.
    Bought a real life paper version is Eason's on the home instead :)

How much was it and any good?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Apparently they also cancel out the bad mouthing of Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. :pac:

You have to do it, go and mention them again, IN MY FORUM... Well, We'll see what your father has to say when he gets home, it'll be no telly for a week, and you'll have to polish the pantry floor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How much was it and any good?

€15. I enjoyed it alright, lots of developer stories but nothing I'd not read before.

"Grand Thieves & Tomb Raiders" is a great read if your interested in the UK game development scene for the 70's onwards.

Just watch the AGDQ speed run of a Super Metroid. It just confirms it in my mind as the greatest piece of game design ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just watch the AGDQ speed run of a Super Metroid. It just confirms it in my mind as the greatest piece of game design ever.

Em no animal crossing 45 mintuitre. Ruling muh fugahh.

I was in a drinking establishment ting get and got very drunk. There was guy wearing a snes tshirt so I think gay marriage should b e legalised sim I can marry that sexyb mofo.

Vote yes on prop. 263.

I was in a drinking establishment ting get and got very drunk. There was guy wearing a snes tshirt so I think gay marriage should b e legalised sim I can marry that sexyb mofo.

Vote yes on prop. 263.
    Only if you vote no on 24, dem immigints did nothing wrong.
    Am I going to the bridesmaid?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

€15. I enjoyed it alright, lots of developer stories but nothing I'd not read before.

"Grand Thieves & Tomb Raiders" is a great read if your interested in the UK game development scene for the 70's onwards.

Cheers, will check it out later so. Big fan of the Amiga
    Am I going to the bridesmaid?

You might have a fight on your hands with retr0 to decide who gets to wear the dress. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Vote yes on prop. 263.

Classic Atavan saturday night post !

eddhorse wrote: »
    Classic Atavan saturday night post !

And a classic Atavan Sunday morning hangover.

My head. I'm getting too old for this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

And a classic Atavan Sunday morning hangover.

My head. I'm getting too old for this :(

Never again, eh? :D

Myrddin wrote: »

Do we have say "We've heard all this before"?, no, I don't think so.
    But, you have supplied a youtube clip of a beloved album I used to own and listen to until it wore out, if only the HSE had more Dr's like Dre....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

3ds region unlock should be here soon

Took a 9.2 console and brought it back to 4.5 fw

Only a matter of time before we can change region at will

This update is brought to you by Jolly Sparks43 arrrrrrrrr

Sparks43 wrote: »
    3ds region unlock should be here soon

Took a 9.2 console and brought it back to 4.5 fw

Only a matter of time before we can change region at will

This update is brought to you by Jolly Sparks43 arrrrrrrrr

Aren't Ninty reconsidering their region locking of consoles?
    Seeing as they are the only ones now doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

They are but not in this generation afaik

Cant wait to get my new 3ds Looks amazing

I don't believe them until they actually do something about it.

Myrddin wrote: »

Not going to try and lie to myself and say never again :pac:
    Do we have say "We've heard all this before"?, no, I don't think so.
    But, you have supplied a youtube clip of a beloved album I used to own and listen to until it wore out, if only the HSE had more Dr's like Dre....

Aye, it's a quality album. I was only watching a documentary on NWA the other day so gave the chronic a re-listen after many years. I remember I got the chronic 2001 back in the day (my mam bought it for me, she was cool like that!) lots of fond memories listening to it on my discman!

NSFW Obviously

I don't believe them until they actually do something about it.

I still don't get why they decided to make the DSi onwards region locked having always had region free handhelds. I'd very much doubt a legit region free handheld from nintendo in this generation of consoles.

I cannot stop watching this.

Master of the Universe

That moment where you log into Club Nintendo and it turns out you've 30 things on your account that you haven't claimed star points for :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Does anyone know if Sturmwind on Dreamcast is still available anywhere or has that ship sailed?

Master of the Universe

Does anyone know if Sturmwind on Dreamcast is still available anywhere or has that ship sailed?

Don't do it! Its beyond ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

There´s some hope for a System Shock 2 remake. Because Mr. Smo (a Polycount forum user ) has started to remake the whole game with the help of CryEngine 3.

And apparently, the scene where Shodan appears in Mr.Smo´s trailer was inspired by artist called Jim Hatama.

And i sure hope that Mr.Smo will transform System Shock 2 into a 100% CryEngine 3 beast.

Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/eEQReLZJXJQ

Source : Ken Levine
    http://thegg.net/general-news/system-shock-2-gets-reborn-with-the-help-of-cryengine-3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Don't do it! Its beyond ****e.

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the save considering the price it's bound to be going for now!

I was looking at the Dux games too, but they all seem to be a re-skinned version of the same game. The attack patterns are identical in every video I've watched.

Are any of the new DC games worth picking up?

Master of the Universe

Really? I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks for the save considering the price it's bound to be going for now!

Its the epoteme of a Euro Shooter.

All fancy looks, but no idea what good game design or aesthetics are if it slapped it in the face.

I thought it was good when I first played it, but 5-10 minutes later realised what it was.

Stick with Japanese shmups, they're the only people who can make them.

Master of the Universe

That moment where you log into Club Nintendo and it turns out you've 30 things on your account that you haven't claimed star points for :eek:

So I registered all my digital games (came to 4000 star points) finally and decided to look through my physical copies.

20 unscratched cards. Holy crap!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,717 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I stopped giving much of a crap about claiming Club Nintendo stars once I discovered those mandatory surveys.

Master of the Universe

They're an absolute pain in the tits. :mad:

So I've gone through everything I have and am now on 7100 points. (from zero!) Was hoping to get enough for that Game and Watch ball but am 400 short.

Rather annoyingly, a few of my 3DS cards had expired - yet some of my Wii ones still worked. Makes no sense at all!

/Edit - found an unused one that works, but it's for a game I already have registered (Mario 3D Land) so cant register it twice. Damn you Nintendo!!!

If anyone has a spare code sheet and doesn't have Mario 3D land registered (and would like to swap) let me know :)

• Advertisement

Can't believe no one has made a script that auto fills those stupid things in for you.

There's no way anyone fills those things in seriously so the information is completely useless to Nintendo.

Master of the Universe

That would be a really great idea.

30 virtual downloads and 20 scratch cards from games meant I had to do about 50 surveys yesterday. What should have been a quick enough process was dragged out to 2.5 hours. :mad:

That would be a really great idea.

30 virtual downloads and 20 scratch cards from games meant I had to do about 50 surveys yesterday. What should have been a quick enough process was dragged out to 2.5 hours. :mad:
    I only did 3 at a time or do it when I open the plastic so it doesn't build up too much or go out of date.

Master of the Universe

TouchFuzzy wrote: »
    I only did 3 at a time or do it when I open the plastic sp it doesn't build up too much or go out of date.

Unfortunately I'm just rather lazy about it :pac:

Didn't realize you could claim star points for downloads though, I'd points going all the way back to the first 3DS eshop games.

It'd daft that star points on a 5 euro download games from years ago don't expire, but points from a €45 euro game do.

Master of the Universe

Any of you lads take the plunge and buy a PAL Aus NN3DS? Just looking at them and with the AUD exchange rate they look kind of tempting.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement