Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brittany ferries now taking 50% unrefundable for Irish customers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭rightmove

ted1 wrote: »
    You pay for flights upfront. What do you need protection from ? They are under no obligation to only take deposits.

Your a bit late to the table on this one

But you are still getting fleeced. You will have to pay the full amount.

The corona virus debacle has only proved the pudding in this case. Lucky for the irish ferries customers who paid 100 euro and bad luck to those on Brittany ferries who accepted having to pay half. Its alot easier to cancel when you have less skin in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 26 noa2020

rightmove wrote: »
    The corona virus debacle has only proved the pudding in this case. Lucky for the irish ferries customers who paid 100 euro and bad luck to those on Brittany ferries who accepted having to pay half. Its alot easier to cancel when you have less skin in the game

No it hasn’t “proved the pudding”. Nobody predicted what was going to happen.

Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries are also offering vouchers to affected customers.

noa2020 wrote: »
    No it hasn’t “proved the pudding”. Nobody predicted what was going to happen..

I think the point was it is proof of the pudding and that you cant predict what will happen. That was whole point ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

noa2020 wrote: »

Both Brittany Ferries and Irish Ferries are also offering vouchers to affected customers.

They closed their hotline .... i have paid 50% for a trip in July ... i do not want to pay another 50% in May as we don't know how the situation will pan out.

i paid over 600 euros already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Due to sail to Spain in July and the 50% balance has been deducted from my card as they advised me a couple of days ago. Happy enough with that. Not expecting the sailing to go ahead but not willing to cancel either as we have some accommodation booked so just playing a waiting game at this stage.

Advertisement