Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Norton

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I just watched the episode for this week and I have to say it was a very enjoyable show. There was great energy among the guests for that week.

U2 did a great job on their acoustic performance of "Song for someone". I enjoyed their songs immeasurably.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tunguska wrote: »
    Thought Robert Duvall was brilliant, his stories were hilarious. He has this dry wit about him. Classy guy.

I lol'd when Duvall couldn't remember what film he did with Stephen Fry

Loved his Brando stories

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It was a great episode. Really enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Felt sorry for Micky Flanagan on tonight's show, mostly ignored and stuck on the couch with 2 ignoramus's showing him no respect and ruining his story. Matthew McConaughey was good but those 2 women were awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are you in a different timezone? Just watching, and was thinking exactly that - but hoped he'd get a word in edgeways somewhere along the way.

He must be wondering why he was invited on.....

He did get a word in edgeways eventually!

WTF is this musical item? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Lena Dunham is better looking than Anne Hathaway....imo.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

That girl is nuts!

oooh, next week looks like a classic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sia, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Sia, wtf?

Whole thing came across as pretentious twaddle. Kinda thing you'd expect in a loft in NYC stuffed with hipsters. I was enjoying Mickeys story till the other two interrupted it. He handled it well and must be a bit pissed he was so ignored. McConaughey was effortlessly cool as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Heckler wrote: »
    I was enjoying Mickeys story till the other two interrupted it.

And they copped on how ignorant they were too. "i'm so cold", wear something on your shoulders so. The two men were entertaining and the silly bints in the middle were annoying.

Not too sure what I think of Sia. It was interesting and if she wants to do here performance like that then more power to her. I found her and her dancer more entertaining than other people Norton has had on there

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

McCouneghy is enough to make me pass on this weeks episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Giving up on Graham Norton I think, poor this series. Blame the bookers as much as anything. Some really poor choices. Appreciate they have to get who's on promotion tours but still think they could do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

In fairness he consistently has excellent guests compared to other shows.

Lena Dunham was awful though. I was delighted to see Mickey Flanagan take the piss out of her. You could tell she was fuming too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Lena Dunham was awful though. I was delighted to see Mickey Flanagan take the piss out of her. You could tell she was fuming too.

She's a know it all who knows fcuk all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

It's more the combination of guests he has had this year. Very meh for me anyway.

Felt sorry for Micky Flanagan on tonight's show, mostly ignored and stuck on the couch with 2 ignoramus's showing him no respect and ruining his story. Matthew McConaughey was good but those 2 women were awful.

Anne and Lena talked way too much and were unfunny and uninteresting

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Triboro

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    oooh, next week looks like a classic!

Who's on btw?

• Advertisement

Triboro wrote: »
    Who's on btw?

Can't remember now! He listed out the guests after the last show, and I thought at the time "must make sure to be in for that". May have been a teeny tiny bit under the influence at the time...... :eek::D

Can't remember now! He listed out the guests after the last show, and I thought at the time "must make sure to be in for that". May have been a teeny tiny bit under the influence at the time...... :eek::D

You'd nearly need to be with the crew that was on ... Apart from Micky Flanagan!!

Aha, it's as simple as reading the paper :D:D

Shirley Bassey, David Walliams, Catherine Tate and Richard Ayoade.

I'd watch for SB alone.

I'd watch for SB alone.

Thanks, Quite a line up alright....

I'd watch for SB alone.

Love Richard Ayoade so hope all 4 guests interact well

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Love Richard Ayoade so hope all 4 guests interact well

I'd say they wont have much choice with David Walliams there!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Triboro wrote: »
    I'd say they wont have much choice with David Walliams there!

David Walliams aka "Constant gay innuendos"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

Matthew McConaughey is too much in love with his own idea of coolness and is quite happy to let other people say to him how cool he is. He likes to make people think he is chilled and laid back but yet when Norton interrupted his story about the dog bj and the mountain ram you could tell he was fairly annoyed and he got too annoyed too quickly.

Hathaway and Dunham acted like a pair of silly schoolgirls. Gazing at McConaughey and ignoring Flanagan. Neither of 'em were that funny and Hathaway's sunset story was too long and not funny either. It makes me wonder how much smoke is blown up their asses in LaLa Land if this is the way they behave.

I always thought Flanagan was a pain in the arse whenever I saw him on the countless so called comedy panel shows that populate the tv schedules of Channel 4 and BBC1, but I felt sorry for him this time around and he was genuinely funny, he did not deserve to have his story interrupted by the two daft buggers beside him.

The singer who hid her face was an idiot who spouted pretentious nonsense about not wanting to be famous. If she does not want to be famous then don't appear on chat shows hawking your new album love. An album I wont be buying any time soon, (its metal or nothing in my house).

Norton on the other hand was the same old same old when that guy from NI came on to tell his story. Jesus you would think Norton was ashamed to be Irish the way he carried on referring to double decker buses, lots of traffic, etc etc and the Jeremy Kyle joke was in bad taste too. Obviously Norton thinks little of the underclass that get paraded on that show and made to act like animals for the benefit and entertainment of other people.

I don't think I will watch again, I don't really care much for the fawning sycophantic treatment that chat show hosts mete out to Hollywood A listers week in week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Matthew McConaughey is too much in love with his own idea of coolness and is quite happy to let other people say to him how cool he is. He likes to make people think he is chilled and laid back but yet when Norton interrupted his story about the dog bj and the mountain ram you could tell he was fairly annoyed and he got too annoyed too quickly.

Hathaway and Dunham acted like a pair of silly schoolgirls. Gazing at McConaughey and ignoring Flanagan. Neither of 'em were that funny and Hathaway's sunset story was too long and not funny either. It makes me wonder how much smoke is blown up their asses in LaLa Land if this is the way they behave.

I always thought Flanagan was a pain in the arse whenever I saw him on the countless so called comedy panel shows that populate the tv schedules of Channel 4 and BBC1, but I felt sorry for him this time around and he was genuinely funny, he did not deserve to have his story interrupted by the two daft buggers beside him.

The singer who hid her face was an idiot who spouted pretentious nonsense about not wanting to be famous. If she does not want to be famous then don't appear on chat shows hawking your new album love. An album I wont be buying any time soon, (its metal or nothing in my house).

Norton on the other hand was the same old same old when that guy from NI came on to tell his story. Jesus you would think Norton was ashamed to be Irish the way he carried on referring to double decker buses, lots of traffic, etc etc and the Jeremy Kyle joke was in bad taste too. Obviously Norton thinks little of the underclass that get paraded on that show and made to act like animals for the benefit and entertainment of other people.

I don't think I will watch again, I don't really care much for the fawning sycophantic treatment that chat show hosts mete out to Hollywood A listers week in week out.

You are a barrel of laughs aren't ya!

For the record, Norton is not ashamed of being Irish. He still spends summers in Cork and is there regularly. He was making a joke about rural Ireland. I thought it was funny, as I can see where he's coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'd watch for SB alone.

David Walliams is the joke you've heard a million times and was barely funny the first time.

Advertisement