Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Graham Norton

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Brilliant show tonight. It's always better when there are no American guests on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Brilliant show tonight. It's always better when there are no American guests on.

I thought it was terrible, i switched off out of embarrasment when Catherine Tate was trying to flog Nativity 3: Dude Wheres my Donkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

furiousox wrote: »
    Lena Dunham is better looking than Anne Hathaway....imo.

Who cares what she looks like? She is an actress, not a model. Women seem to go on an awful lot about how unattractive they think Anne Hathaway is. If she is so unattractive why do you feel the need to comment on it? Maybe doing so makes you feel more attractive?
    Matthew McConaughey is too much in love with his own idea of coolness and is quite happy to let other people say to him how cool he is. He likes to make people think he is chilled and laid back but yet when Norton interrupted his story about the dog bj and the mountain ram you could tell he was fairly annoyed and he got too annoyed too quickly.

He was pissed, it was funny.
    I always thought Flanagan was a pain in the arse whenever I saw him on the countless so called comedy panel shows that populate the tv schedules of Channel 4 and BBC1, but I felt sorry for him this time around and he was genuinely funny, he did not deserve to have his story interrupted by the two daft buggers beside him.

The singer who hid her face was an idiot who spouted pretentious nonsense about not wanting to be famous. If she does not want to be famous then don't appear on chat shows hawking your new album love. An album I wont be buying any time soon, (its metal or nothing in my house).

Norton on the other hand was the same old same old when that guy from NI came on to tell his story. Jesus you would think Norton was ashamed to be Irish the way he carried on referring to double decker buses, lots of traffic, etc etc and the Jeremy Kyle joke was in bad taste too. Obviously Norton thinks little of the underclass that get paraded on that show and made to act like animals for the benefit and entertainment of other people.

I don't think I will watch again, I don't really care much for the fawning sycophantic treatment that chat show hosts mete out to Hollywood A listers week in week out.

Mickey Flanagan is generally accepted as one of the best comedians in the UK.

Sia's performance was strange but it is a great song so who cares.

Learn to take a joke about Ireland. And if he is the 'same old same old' why did you even bother watching? Watching the show would normally be diametrically opposed to someone who dislikes the show enough to post a misguided essay on everything they think wrong with it.
    enough with the barrel of laughs comments any more cracks like that and I will report you.

'I will tell on you'. Nobody cares if you report someone for pointing out you are a malcontent and boring.
    nice to see the keyboard warriors are out in force.

Signed the author of the essay complaining.
    can Norton not just do without the cheap cracks whenever someone irish is on the red chair..

He does it to whoever is in the red chair, Irish or not, how has this escaped you? And it is funny, it is why people watch it, everybody loves the red chair, except of course those that hate everything about the show but watch it for some reason.

You really are a barrel of laughs.
    if anyone wants to read a better articulated and better written account of what I am trying to say then click on the link please:

I will pass, thanks.

Also, Ayoade is not funny, how long does it take awkward to become boring? I wonder what he is like when he is not 'on', possibly more boring I guess. Catherine Tate is common as muck. 'Am I bothered?', change the record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Nativity 3. **** right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Finally getting around to watching this.

Love SB, she didn't disappoint.

Holy moly, Annie Lennox is looking good for someone approaching 60 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

This guy's show is the only British tv I watch. Love Graham Norton, although the more recent episodes on his show haven't been that great and I've skipped through them. Prefer watching the big American movie stars on that show. You never see them out of their element like you do when watching them with Norton.
    furiousox wrote: »
    Lena Dunham is better looking than Anne Hathaway....imo.

Riiiight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I enjoyed the show tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The look on Jason Bateman's face when the crowd did the clapping to the Friend's theme tune was hilarious! I nearly wet myself laughing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Aniston took Norton dregging up old stuff well enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Aniston took Norton dregging up old stuff well enough
    I'd say talk show hosts love her - popular with men and women for ratings, an A-lister also with the whole Friends thing to fall back on in conversation if needed, pretty funny at times, good talker, and seems extremely easy going and willing to laugh at herself without seeming to have much if any pretensions. Makes sense that she's a very universally popular celebrity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Addle wrote: »
    I enjoyed the show tonight.

Olly always gets himself in hot water on twitter before his appearance on GN but bless him he is great, love Olly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I can't abide OM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

when is the repeat on? missed fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kayevajo

sporina wrote: »
    when is the repeat on? missed fridays

Tonight not sure of time though, late enough

kayevajo wrote: »
    Tonight not sure of time though, late enough

11.50pm http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04syhxs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Victoria Wood seemed v uneasy during the last episode, anyone else find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Was Jeff Daniels actually not meant to be there on this weeks show as Graham clearly had no homework done on him. He just sat there for most of it saying nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

lertsnim wrote: »
    Was Jeff Daniels actually not meant to be there on this weeks show as Graham clearly had no homework done on him. He just sat there for most of it saying nothing.

Seemed a bit odd alright..........Jim Carey was good though, seems like a good guy. Jude law is a really great guest, would like to have heard more from him. Bit of a waste to have him and Jeff daniels on and not hear a lot from them.
    It was the same with Michael Keaton last week. I know he's a great dramatic actor but he's first and foremost a comedian and he's a genuinely funny guest. But Graham norton gave him relativley little time. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭sporina

tunguska wrote: »
    Seemed a bit odd alright..........Jim Carey was good though, seems like a good guy. Jude law is a really great guest, would like to have heard more from him. Bit of a waste to have him and Jeff daniels on and not hear a lot from them.
    It was the same with Michael Keaton last week. I know he's a great dramatic actor but he's first and foremost a comedian and he's a genuinely funny guest. But Graham norton gave him relativley little time. Shame.

yeah i thought the same…

on another note - Jude law looked a bit rough - must have had a late night

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »

Graham never mentioned Jeff being on last week only Jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Missed opportunity to ask him about the Newsroom ending. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Great episode , Jim Carrey can be over the top in interviews but he was great last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Great episode , Jim Carrey can be over the top in interviews but he was great last night!

All those facial contortions seems to have loosened alot of skin.....looking very old and wrinkly is young Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

sonofenoch wrote: »
    All those facial contortions seems to have loosened alot of skin.....looking very old and wrinkly is young Jim

He's 53 next month, for the record. :o;)

Well he is 52, to be fair.

• Advertisement

Tamsin looked great

Danny Dyer and Jamie Foxx seemed well drunk this week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Anyone watching on BBC? James McAvoy is always great, tonight's no exception :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mark Ruffalo is on form tonight as well, i always thought he was quite subdued on previous shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What did Hozier sing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Really enjoyed tonight's show; good line up, funny stories & great musical guest. One of the more enjoyable shows for me in the past couple of months.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

threein99 wrote: »
    What did Hozier sing?

Take Me to Church

Definitely a good episode tonight. Next week's doesn't look great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Definitely a good episode tonight. Next week's doesn't look great though.

Who's on next week, as i didn't catch it quick enough?

It was a funny show, Meryl looked to be more happy to see Hozier, she gave a kiss to Mark at start of show...

The two boys were hilarious on the bikes

Who's on next week, as i didn't catch it quick enough?

It was a funny show, Meryl looked to be more happy to see Hozier, she gave a kiss to Mark at start of show...

The two boys were hilarious on the bikes
    Harvey Weinstein and David Tennant and Olivia something from Broadchurch. Jessie J is on music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Olivia Colman is usually an excellent guest. Very funny and down to earth, and a fantastic actress.

Tyrannosaur, if you can make it through the gruelling watch shows just what a fantastic actress she is, that and Hot Fuzz " nothing wrong with a bit of girl on girl"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Olivia Colman is usually an excellent guest. Very funny and down to earth, and a fantastic actress.

Tyrannosaur, if you can make it through the gruelling watch shows just what a fantastic actress she is, that and Hot Fuzz " nothing wrong with a bit of girl on girl"

I've yet to catch up on Broadchurch, as i heard she was very good in that, suprised a lot of people as i only knew her from Peep Show.

I remember she won 2 awards last year, was it the NTA?
    She was on Graham's show after winning them, hadn't seen him make a fuss over her since GaGa, but she was very down to earth about it & probably hadnt realised on what was happening around her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

toodleytoo wrote: »
    Anyone watching on BBC? James McAvoy is always great, tonight's no exception :)

Yeah he's always great craic. My favorite two guests though, Him and Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo seems like such a genuine down to earth guy, they both do.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Mark Ruffalo has been in some great movies over the past ten years or so and if you haven't seen Filth yet with James Macavoy id give that a watch also probably one of his best performances to date. Very good movie too, best Irevene Walsh screen adaptation since Trainspotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Mark Ruffalo has been in some great movies over the past ten years or so and if you haven't seen Filth yet with James Macavoy id give that a watch also, probably one of his best performances to date. Very good movie too, best Irevene Walsh screen adaptation since Trainspotting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

James McAvoy seems to be on this every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

Does anyone know if Graham Norton is on tonight (repeat of last night's show). Usually is, but I don't see it in the TV schedules?

Thanks

Does anyone know if Graham Norton is on tonight (repeat of last night's show). Usually is, but I don't see it in the TV schedules?

Thanks
    It's on 3E right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

thanks a mil:)

Seemed quite short a show last Friday on BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just finished watching it now - thought it was one of the better ones.

Loved David Attenborough winding up Jessica Chastain!

No boring bits this week at all, for once.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

I disagree about this weeks episode.
    Chastain has zero charisma but is a big name, Linekar just doesn't suit this format & nobody outside Britain gets Harry Hill.
    I thought it was awful until Attenborough came on.

Worst Episode Ever . . . . Ever

3tuqt8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Attenborough's appearances on the show just make him seem like a dirty old man to me!

Does anyone have reactions of American guests to the show?
    Some of them seem fairly shocked, on their first time appearing

• Advertisement

Advertisement