Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Confession Box - get it off your chest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

6 chocolate hobnobs with breakfast. Took shotgunjunior to the park for bike parade bouncy castle fun.. had a 99 cone. 1 hour later visit to the parents... 3 scones with butter and jam... picked up apple tart on the way home... ate a quarter of it making dinner.... called over to the Bro's to watch the footy, 3 crepes with half a large jar of nutella inside them... arrived home, half the apple tart left, why not, cup of tea and demolished before bed....

Bravo

cracking thread - loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

Monday - meant to do a long run - tomorrow will do - went for cycle instead
    Tuesday - meant to that long run - tomorrow will do - went for cycle instead
    Today - will DEFINITELY do that long run....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Meant to go for a bloody 10 minute run from about 10am yesterday. Went to the gym instead. Delayed. Delayed and delayed some more. Got to 9.45pm and was finished coaching for the day. Said to one of the lads "ah sure I'll do it tomorrw". Eventually ended up lacing up my shoes at 10pm.

God bless late light, and god damn my laziness.

There's a lot to be said for daily training schedules. I'd have left it if it wasn't for excel watchIng me.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

Went to chilli peppers concert last night, had 5 pints! Then got up to cycle my 15k to work this morning which i normally do flat out to use as a form of training. Saw a fella ahead going at a reasonable/slowish speed and enjoyed a 10k draft right into city centre, it was bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I still have a pair of Shimano R087 shoes and Look Keo pedals from the CSS Wednesday deal 5 or 6 weeks ago boxed and hidden in the attic. Purchased only a week or two after I agreed I didn't need any more gear.

While I'm sure a pair of pedals would go unnoticed, a pair of bright white shiny shoes wouldn't.

Regarding food, feel no guilt over that, I justify it by saying I exercise plenty to compensate. Although sadly this doesn't hold as true this year as it has done previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Going to a festival in Belgium for four days.Don't leave until tomorrow and already i'm feeling guilty - a disgraceful amount of food and drink will be consumed

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

Redzah wrote: »
    Went to chilli peppers concert last night, had 5 pints!

I was there too, only had one. In hindsight I needed more :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Two of those small, thin dairy milks after lunch. Can not resist them when I see them in shops. Then when they get a little melty they're extra awesome. :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I'm on my second yoghurt covered flapjack today (400 cals a pop). Along with maybe my 5th coffee.

Feels so good being bad.

longshank wrote: »
    Monday - meant to do a long run - tomorrow will do - went for cycle instead
    Tuesday - meant to that long run - tomorrow will do - went for cycle instead
    Today - will DEFINITELY do that long run....

did that long run..yahoo..redemption is much better than confession:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Just found this thread….brilliant. Though I’d like to point out that us single-disciplined athletes sin and have guilty secrets too… Like for example I just had 2 carrot sticks with hummus instead of my usual 5 o clock celery stick... Don’t judge me. I shall retreat to the running logs :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

claralara wrote: »
    Just found this thread….brilliant. Though I’d like to point out that us single-disciplined athletes sin and have guilty secrets too… Like for example I just had 2 carrot sticks with hummus instead of my usual 5 o clock celery stick... Don’t judge me. I shall retreat to the running logs :o:(
    GTFO!

I just dipped a mars bar in hummus for the craic. Not my best experiment. Washed my mouth out with a bowl of cornflakes. Belly full of milk now so can't do my run. Ah ill just tell the coach I did it and double up tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Just polished off the remains of a twirl bitesize pack (1/4 full or so) with 2 lindor and 2 beers. num

claralara wrote: »

Bullcrap. You're not fooling me missy. Bet you ate a tin of roses and washed it down with 3 bottles of wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Redzah wrote: »
    Went to chilli peppers concert last night, had 5 pints! Then got up to cycle my 15k to work this morning which i normally do flat out to use as a form of training. Saw a fella ahead going at a reasonable/slowish speed and enjoyed a 10k draft right into city centre, it was bliss!

Was at this too. Thought by coming here I wouldn't feel too bad as I would be amongst fellow sinners.

Shoulder of Captain Morgan, Zaytoon Kebab and 3 hours sleep

After reading this though need to get another run in today before I get some sleep just to make me feel semi respectable

Damn you Triathletes:mad::D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Went to Lidl before the Spain v Portugal game to get salad and eggs. Got them, but may or may not have added strawberry jam, dried fruit, nuts, lemon sorbet and biscuits while I was there... Note to self: don't shop while hungry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Redzah

ecoli wrote: »
    Was at this too. Thought by coming here I wouldn't feel too bad as I would be amongst fellow sinners.

Shoulder of Captain Morgan, Zaytoon Kebab and 3 hours sleep

After reading this though need to get another run in today before I get some sleep just to make me feel semi respectable

Damn you Triathletes:mad::D

Haha, i'm a newbie and have the bug so don't worry, i'm sure my enthusiasm will wear off. Just to rub it in, the 15k cycle home from work was flat out and the legs were burning good. Although followed it up with a pasta bake loaded with cheese, and some pitta bread (was not tempted to try the mars bar) with hummous. I have too much cheese and bread in my diet which is hindering progress i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I got up yesterday, skipped breakfast, had a share bag pack of skips ~12. Went for a 76k cycle on empty, came home and binged on a masssssssssive white bread sandwich, 4/5 big bag of chilli doritos(that I later fininshed), a bag of wispa bites, a bag of wine gums and a scone. Then went for a OW swim at the beach, followed by coke and chips. Afterwards, I went out to visit my mother, where I was presented with a massive bag of taffy.

I think there was more nutritional value in the seawater I swallowed, than there was in my food intake.

GTFO!
    Ok :'(

*CL retreats to where she belongs with her bowl of porridge (topped with goji berries and chia seeds) and her cup of nettle tea... :rolleyes:

Bullcrap. You're not fooling me missy. Bet you ate a tin of roses and washed it down with 3 bottles of wine.

Haha! ;) No roses at the min - got through my final Christmas tin a while back. I'm all over Ben and Jerry's new Core ice-cream these days... I've decided that a deserved 100ml/km results in the justification of the massacre of an entire tub after a 5k race / 3 mile recovery run... :)

• Advertisement

Jaypurs it's like overeaters anonymous in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

On a course yesterday and sensibly knowing that there would be tempatation there I went into work first to eat my porridge and cranberries. It meant I turned up and just had a coffee rather than anything else.

First break I had a 1/2 danish, 1/2 muffin and 1/2 croissant.
    Second break a full scone and a kitkat.
    Also had 8-9 cups of coffee through the day

11.25km run last night as pennance.

On a course yesterday and sensibly knowing that there would be tempatation there I went into work first to eat my porridge and cranberries. It meant I turned up and just had a coffee rather than anything else.

First break I had a 1/2 danish, 1/2 muffin and 1/2 croissant.
    Second break a full scone and a kitkat.
    Also had 8-9 cups of coffee through the day

11.25km run last night as pennance.

i hope you are not suggesting coffee is something to feel guilty about....coffee is GOOD for endurance and that's final. God sake leave me with some guilt free pleasures in this life:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I made up the does science make us slower crap ;-)
    I also love power taps

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

I just had a big Mac and strawberry milkshake, and I liked it a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I walked up a hill on my lunchtime run, the shame.

I walked up a hill on my lunchtime run, the shame.

You're tapering, that's allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I was actaully very good yesterday and even SIU'd and got on the turbo

Then, cake sale in work this morning

Brownie, choco rice krispie bun, slice of lemon sponge (f&*k&n delicious) :o I did well to leave it at that too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

funniest thread ever... i'm trying to figure out a way to buy and smuggle 2 new 60mm carbon clincher wheels into the house and onto my bike without the wife noticing!!!, i'm also training hard and wondering why the weight is so reluctant to fall off, wondering has it anything to do with the litre of coke, snickers ice cream and large bag of chilli doritos I have most nights watching tv...i'm a coke and taytoaholic :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

a bowl of ice cream with banana and butterscotch sauce for evening treat...and im racing in athlone tomorrow!!!

Advertisement