Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Confession Box - get it off your chest

Options
  • 26-06-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Miss a session? Polish off the plate off brownies at work..? Lie to the missus? Post it and let it be :)

I'm sure our trusty peers can dispense the necessary advise to forget about it, come clean, double up, have another, switch it to Friday etc... Or to SIU, HTFU and quit whining :p

2x Cadburys Crunchies - blatant emotional eating, like 1 wasn't enough :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭ray o

Can't believe this thread just opened. I'm sitting here giving out to myself for having polished off 2 x Nature Valley Oats & Chocolate bars in quick succession. I feel better for talking about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Miss a session? Polish off the plate off brownies at work..? Lie to the missus? Post it and let it be :)

I'm sure our trusty peers can dispense the necessary advise to forget about it, come clean, double up, have another, switch it to Friday etc... Or to SIU, HTFU and quit whining :p

2x Cadburys Crunchies - blatant emotional eating, like 1 wasn't enough :rolleyes:

Ok,

At a wedding on Saturday. Probably had one or two too many :rolleyes:. Eventually crawled out of bed around 2 on Sunday :o. Needless to say the 90min bike and run off didn't happen. Then attacked a couple of packed of crisps.

Yesterday, still feeling the affects, did some serious damage to the biscuit tin at work (jaffa cakes, choco digestives and choco rich teas) and dodged last nights swim session. Chinese for dinner last night :o

Its now almost 80 hours since I last trained. Back on the wagon this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Its now almost 80 hours since I last trained. Back on the wagon this eve

Ahh, the mind set of a sharp-end triathlete...

I'm more in the "80 days to Ironman - better start training" camp:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

choco rich teas

Ugh, why destroy the worlds greatest biscuit by covering it in cheap chocolate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Ugh, why destroy the worlds greatest biscuit by covering it in cheap chocolate. :(

I don't buy I just eat.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

You are kidding right?

You are kidding right?

No. Rich tea are amazing. Always have a pack on standby. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As I am in taper I have an automatic get out of jail free card. But still, does that excuse fish and chips for lunch? Or the xl galaxy bar I had last night? Or the four (yes, four) large bars of cadbury bubbly chocolate waiting in the cupboard for bike packing duty later on?

When I was buying all the chocolate the girl at the till said 'youre slim you could eat loads of that' and I thought, just for this week, yes I can. :)
    Can't believe this thread just opened. I'm sitting here giving out to myself for having polished off 2 x Nature Valley Oats & Chocolate bars in quick succession. I feel better for talking about it
    Seriously, you need to work on your sinfulness. Cos this just don't cut it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Thread to be renamed - "The 'I don't have a clue about biscuits' thread"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Lie to the missus?

Item|Actual cost|Cost as explained to darling wifey

Tricked out mountain bike|€600|€100 second-hand from mate
    Running shoes|€100+|"These? No, they just look new, I put them through the wash"
    Bike shoes|€60|"They came with the bike"
    Swim goggles|€25|"Found them at the pool"
    Road bike|€1200|"Bike to work paid for it!" (almost true)
    Wetsuit|€100|"Sure you've seen this for years"
    Weekly mystery box from Wiggle|€?|€?divided by 5 (only if I can't hide it first):o

• Advertisement

Actually, a friend asked how much IMAT cost today, while my oh was listening. He was filled with horror at the amount I mentioned which was about a third of the real price. I wonder did he think pixies paid for it or something....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

apple crumble and ice cream with dinner in work today...although i did do a 3 hour brick yesterday so thats how im justifying it

Oryx wrote: »
    Seriously, you need to work on your sinfulness. Cos this just don't cut it.

fvck me lads, you all sure know how to binge. I read the logs and I know most of you boys can justify hammering hard stuff. I however am going through a mid-season crisis at the moment...motivation is low so I have to try to keep the food in check as the training is taking a bit of a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

No. Rich tea are amazing. Always have a pack on standby. :)

You aint no hoochie..

True hoochies would sit somewhere around the chocolate hobnob 95 calorie a biscuit kinda place...!

Sunday sinfulness
    6 chocolate hobnobs with breakfast. Took shotgunjunior to the park for bike parade bouncy castle fun.. had a 99 cone. 1 hour later visit to the parents... 3 scones with butter and jam... picked up apple tart on the way home... ate a quarter of it making dinner.... called over to the Bro's to watch the footy, 3 crepes with half a large jar of nutella inside them... arrived home, half the apple tart left, why not, cup of tea and demolished before bed....

Kurt Godel wrote: »

Running shoes|€100+|"These? No, they just look new, I put them through the wash"
    Weekly mystery box from Wiggle|€?|€?divided by 5 (only if I can't hide it first):o

I love it, i'm in the process of figuring out how to smuggle in a 910xt, pointy helmet and a few other bits. I've already tried to soften the blow by saying bike to work will cover any future spending but I still got the look

You aint no hoochie..

True hoochies would sit somewhere around the chocolate hobnob 95 calorie a biscuit kinda place...!

Sunday sinfulness
    6 chocolate hobnobs with breakfast. Took shotgunjunior to the park for bike parade bouncy castle fun.. had a 99 cone. 1 hour later visit to the parents... 3 scones with butter and jam... picked up apple tart on the way home... ate a quarter of it making dinner.... called over to the Bro's to watch the footy, 3 crepes with half a large jar of nutella inside them... arrived home, half the apple tart left, why not, cup of tea and demolished before bed....
    @ray o Every serious triathlete I know eats like this. And they are all skinny fcukers. Lesson being, train like a champion, you get to eat like a champion!

You aint no hoochie..

It it redeems me in your eyes I spread the choc sauce from sundays souffles on 6 of them yesterday - it was like a giant choc dip! Choc-dip.gif

:D

@ray o Every serious triathlete I know eats like this. And they are all skinny fcukers. Lesson being, train like a champion, you get to eat like a champion!

Righto....the Nutella is going in the trolley later. I really appreciate the encouragement :). Back to the pool in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Waved goodbye to Mrs C and the young lad at the airport this morning and then rushed onto wiggle, please god the box will arrive before she gets back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

catweazle wrote: »
    Waved goodbye to Mrs C and the young lad at the airport this morning and then rushed onto wiggle, please god the box will arrive before she gets back

Amateur. Plan well ahead in future and order two days before they go away. Get it delivered to work too just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It it redeems me in your eyes I spread the choc sauce from sundays souffles on 6 of them yesterday - it was like a giant choc dip! Choc-dip.gif

:D

Redeemed.

Reese cups would have been another acceptable redemption choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Jesus i am starving now.

I have yet to tell the missus i paid €520 for Frankfurt entry next year.... i told her it was half the price;) I was also having a hot whiskey for medicinal purposes on Saturday night and ended up having several of them and getting a little tipsy, fo shame!!

I have an addiction to krusheems and KFC chicken although holding out the last few weeks until after Roth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Get it delivered to work too just in case.

All my stuff gets delivered to work, beats explaining why i need this and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

All my stuff gets delivered to work, beats explaining why i need this and that.

Works perfectly for me, until it is a large item.

Had to cycle home with a pair of S80s under my arm back in Feb - lots of strange looks....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Jesus H Christ, I thought I wandered into the weight watchers thread by accident.

Folks on here swimming, running and biking 100+ miles per week and bitching like Oprah about eating a chocolate biscuit.

If ever a HTFU was needed, it's now.

For shame on yo asses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Kurt Godel wrote: »

The next time I'm down your way I'll print off that list and refer to the right hand column for discussion prompts, so you'll look all the better for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Suggested some holiday locations this morning to the gf on the basis of races. She almost called me on it.

Pretty much got through a loaf of white bread in two days. That said, they were used for King crisp sambos.

I pick up the pace if my training run passes girls. My training partner has commented I do not discriminate by age, class, or colour.

I have at least one 10k race time dictated by the speed of the girl in cute shorts ahead of me.

Sorry Shotgun, I haven't been in the confession box in 27 years, this is a release:D

That girl in cute shorts is only running hard to get away from the weird heavy breather behind her. :)

• Advertisement

That girl in cute shorts is only running hard to get away from the weird heavy breather behind her. :)

Touché!

Keep spooning on the guilt, it's what feeds the confession industry :)

Advertisement