Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humans - Channel 4

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Am I right in thinking the one next week is the final one of this series?

2 more episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I was disappointed by Mia being reactivated.
    It was too simple.

Why? It was to be expected once Matty demonstrated she could do it with Odi by completing the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

Also another thing that confused me, Mia knew Niska was in trouble because the police warning reached her - well shouldn't it have reached all of the synths, including Niska herself?

I got the impression Mia only got the message because she had reverted to Anita, ie running the standard synth code. Not sure though, that was my take on it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

What an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That might be the best episode of Humans yet. I thought all the various strands of the story came together brilliantly.

I will be very unhappy if they kill off Hester because I find her a really unsettling and compelling character. In the Boards Television Awards they do an award for 'Character You Love to Hate' and for me right now it's Hester.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

OMG - this show just gets better and better.

There'd better be a third season now after that ending. I need more ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

A few shocks in that episode, the previous one too. What an ending though. There'll have to be a season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's such a clever show! Loved humans

What a fantastic episode. All of the various strands built to a satisfying ending - the little boy robot coming to life to give Karen a reason to go on, the dilemma of having to decide at the end whether or not to hit the button and give all synths consciousness - and I'm guessing Vi will presumably be brought back to life now in light of that decision.

Also how will the events of the episode affect Laura's attitude and that of Joe, since Joe's fears were nearly realised. Separation and a custody battle possibly?

Lots of ways they can go with it. I just really, really hope we haven't seen the last of Hester. I mentioned before how she's a character you just love to hate. I also think her and Niska could have a great rivalry if given the chance. Writers, if you're reading this, please don't kill off this character yet.

Overall, a big thumbs up for this season. I really think they surpassed what they did in Season 1 and it's rare for a show to do that. I hope the ratings have done well and that there will be a third season.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got through season 2 in the last few days. The last two episodes were jaw dropping.

It's a logical endpoint for the story, but I really hope that there is a third season after that.

Just one more season to wrap it up, please. :o

Season 3 Promo

Airdate; May 2018 on Channel 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭corkie

Humans series 3 UK air date is confirmed by Channel 4
    Here's when the Synths will spring back into life.

landscape-1525273638-humans-gemma.gif
    The news we've been waiting for is finally here... Channel 4 has announced when we'll be getting brand-new Humans.

The award-winning sci-fi series will return to UK screens on
    Thursday, May 17 at 9pm.

That's a shift from the previous two series, which have aired on Sunday nights.

The confirmed UK air date comes after AMC in the US announced it would be screening the third season from Tuesday, June 5 (which means Brits will be three weeks ahead – quick maffs).

Edit: - [DenOfGeek] Humans series 1 and 2 recap

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Series 3 starts May 17th at 9pm on Channel 4 :)

Starts tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We had a power outage in Cabra which won't be back until 9 tonight.

Life's unfair!

Channel 4+1 will be showing it from 10 as well if you have that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We had a power outage in Cabra which won't be back until 9 tonight.

Life's unfair!
    They're trying to kill the green eyes in your area.

Strong season opener - catching up with all the major characters and an interesting arc for the season.

I wouldn't mind if this was the last season and there was a satisfying conclusion to this series. The worst thing that could happen to a show like this is it being dragged out too long. If it were just Channel 4, I'd trust them not to drag it on for years and years, but the fact that it's a co-production with AMC worries me slightly, as they have no problem dragging the arse out of a show.

This season is the best so far - each episode is more compelling than the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm enjoying series two more than the first I have to say even though the Synths are not as good (in terms of character) overall.

I thought this season was a bit of a slow burn to start, but it has turned into a speeding train. Really brilliant series overall.

Can't wait to see what happens in the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭corkie

END OF THE HUMAN RACE? Will Humans return for another series on Channel 4 and what have the creators said about making season four?
    Fans are hoping the story of the Synths doesn't' finish in tonight's season three finale

Tom Goodman-Hill, who plays Joe Hawkins, told Digital Spy: “I know they always talked about it being a three-series arc, and there is a way in which it feels like that.”

He continued: "You know, it's inception, fruition, fallout. But it's interesting. We've taken on some interesting new writers on this series, including Daisy Coulam, who's fantastic – she's got ideas of her own, I think.”

Good Final!

Strange twist at the end!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

I loved this series but I hope there’s not going to be a 4th series. It was a good ending but sad also.

Though if they do create a 4th series I will definitely be watching it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Unsurprising, seemed to be headed that way and TBH had thought I already read of it cancelled.

That's fine; a shame true, but the story ended on a nicely enigmatic but hopeful note. That coexistence might yet happen via a unifying avenue. Not sure that even needed telling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement