Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Hub - €59.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

DID have them listed for 69.99 for anyone interested. What has been weird about this is that since day 1 of this promo I've been seeing Google ads around for the Google store and a price of 69.99, now even 68.xx since the VAT cut. Looks like a big screw up somewhere so fair play to those who got em and hopefully at some point the technology giant will figure out a way to respond to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I know this is Hub, but would I be right in saying that this wouldn't have anything like Zigbee in it for automating stuff?

Similar to Gustavo, the money was showing as a pending transaction in my bank and now back in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

fman wrote: »
    Similar to Gustavo, the money was showing as a pending transaction in my bank and now back in my account.

Same as.
    They're probably frought with guilt over the pain and suffering we've all endured with their support team, given us back the money and will send out the device anyway as a show of repentance.

Oh look, a flying pig......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Interestingly I ordered the Nest Wi-Fi yesterday, at checkout delivery was estimated as being towards the end of the month. Now it looks like it'll be delivered tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

i ordered mine on the 27th, got email stating delivery on 28th. now showing as delayed. The interesting part is the cost was showing up on my pending transactions. as of this morning it no longer is

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Interestingly I ordered the Nest Wi-Fi yesterday, at checkout delivery was estimated as being towards the end of the month. Now it looks like it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Yep......Claimed free nest mini from signing up for next aware yesterday, is due to be delivered Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Sniipe wrote: »
    I know this is Hub, but would I be right in saying that this wouldn't have anything like Zigbee in it for automating stuff?

I use Teckin stuff I got off Amazon. It uses a Smart Life app which pairs up with Google Assistant fairly easily. Zigbee stuff probably has something similar.

I can use the Smart Life App on my phone or the Google Home app (and voice commands on all the Nest devices) to control my plugs / lights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

timetogo1 wrote: »
    I use Teckin stuff I got off Amazon. It uses a Smart Life app which pairs up with Google Assistant fairly easily. Zigbee stuff probably has something similar.

I can use the Smart Life App on my phone or the Google Home app (and voice commands on all the Nest devices) to control my plugs / lights etc.

+1 for Teckin stuff. Great value and very reliable stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

So after a couple of useless chats with 'support' about the dodgy DHL tracking number my delivery arrived this morning... via an Post!

• Advertisement

A bizarre little twist to keep everyone even more confused.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

seamie78 wrote: »
    i ordered mine on the 27th, got email stating delivery on 28th. now showing as delayed. The interesting part is the cost was showing up on my pending transactions. as of this morning it no longer is
    Yeah, I'm starting to doubt anything is going to appear. My pending debit has now disappeared too.

Google are all about user experience. Well this one is sh*t!

I also note instead of a "Buy now" button on the Nest Hub page, the button now says "Join waiting list".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Dades wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm starting to doubt anything is going to appear. My pending debit has now disappeared too.

Google are all about user experience. Well this one is sh*t!

I also note instead of a "Buy now" button on the Nest Hub page, the button now says "Join waiting list".

It is interesting that with the UK Shop you can still buy it. Anyone hazard a guess as to what's changed? It all ships out of a centralised warehouse doesn't it? It's not as if they have stock in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭SteM

It is interesting that with the UK Shop you can still buy it. Anyone hazard a guess as to what's changed? It all ships out of a centralised warehouse doesn't it? It's not as if they have stock in Ireland.

They must have had some stock in Ireland based on how quickly I got mine I would have though? Less that 24 hours after order.

I'm replying twice a day to the support ticket that they gave me looking for a status.
    They're not even being nice to me now I'm bugging them so much.
    Same spiel every time. "Sorry we have no update from Higher Support"

AnSME7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Cancel order maybe? Looks like it's not worth the grief to save €10 from the current DID price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

JDxtra wrote: »
    Cancel order maybe? Looks like it's not worth the grief to save €10 from the current DID price.
    I went to DID this morning and picked one up. :P

This was for the missis who is working from home and Google have forsaken us.
    Haven't cancelled yet, but the pending transaction is gone from my account so curious to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I'm getting a daily mail from Jenny saying they are still waiting on higher tier support to investigate, kinda funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Just got a revolut notification that they've taken the cost again, says delivery tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Just got a revolut notification that they've taken the cost again, says delivery tomorrow or Wednesday.

me too, was onto them today for about 40 minutes and got nowhere, the person I was dealing with was useless, will wait and see if they deliver again or if the charge gets reversed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Got a dispatch email this afternoon

Saints preserve and save us, the dispatch email has been received and the order status updated online.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shamrock65

Hi
    Anybody know how to cancel an order that i placed on the 28th August it was supposed to be delivered on the 1-2nd of September then its gone to waiting i would just like to cancel it now and get one in DID but its showing on my card but hasn't been taken for yet
    Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

shamrock65 wrote: »
    Hi
    Anybody know how to cancel an order that i placed on the 28th August it was supposed to be delivered on the 1-2nd of September then its gone to waiting i would just like to cancel it now and get one in DID but its showing on my card but hasn't been taken for yet
    Regards

Click on the order number in the confirmation email, you'll be taken directly to the order in your Google account. There is a big Cancel Shipment button on that page.

did that no cancel order on the page it brings me to cheers all the same

nephster wrote: »
    Click on the order number in the confirmation email, you'll be taken directly to the order in your Google account. There is a big Cancel Shipment button on that page.

Select Cancel order. If you don't see "Cancel order," that means your order has been prepared for shipment and can't be canceled.

its been prepared for shipment over a week now

Your delivery was delayed. We're working to get it to you soon and will email you when it's on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

lertsnim wrote: »
    Setup mine and it's a fine purchase. I have it in the kitchen and it's handy for Spotify, radio, Netflix or YouTube when making dinner. Sure the sound isn't going to win awards but it's more than adequate and I have the Home Max anyway if I want great sound.

I'm thinking the Max might be for me (video calls would be handy, and better sound), since you have both would you recommend it even at the significantly higher price?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Would anyone recommend this for the bedroom? Would be mainly used as an alarm clock and radio.

oodles19 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the Max might be for me (video calls would be handy, and better sound), since you have both would you recommend it even at the significantly higher price?

Have both too, if you can stretch to a max definitely go for it.

• Advertisement

Plascebo wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend this for the bedroom? Would be mainly used as an alarm clock and radio.

have 2, one of which is in bedroom - handy for netflix too!

Advertisement