Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm pretty sure I read somebody saying that virtual card in revolut works. But I can't remember where I read it. If it was one of the nintendo forums or reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Suckit wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read somebody saying that virtual card in revolut works. But I can't remember where I read it. If it was one of the nintendo forums or reddit.

Just tried using the virtual revolut doesn't work.

Sure nevermind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,130 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Get £5 off an order on Amazon by using GIFT05 at checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote: »

How long is that offer running for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,361 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's off a £25 spend and is account specific. Still good for those who get it though.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    How long is that offer running for??

31st October and you need to spend £20 minimum I think. I did a test earlier and it worked for me.

Mortal Kombat 11 is €19.90 on amazon france (€25 delivered) - https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07L9FVQFW

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

Suckit wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat 11 is €19.90 on amazon france (€25 delivered) - https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07L9FVQFW

Well, that went fast...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can't help myself,
    Even though I don't really like the Moss developed Raiden games I had to get Raiden V when it was discounted to €17.99 on the Switch.
    I'd love to see Raiden/2/DX make the leap to the Switch as well.
    The Raiden Fighters series as well, already ported to mobile platforms, would be an easy conversion and tons of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I got Raiden V as well, quite difficult to start with, but with every new game I can see I get better and better. Rewarding game.

26.70GBP for Mortal Kombat 11 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortal-Kombat-11-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07L73DW8M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mortal+kombat+11+switch&qid=1571917535&s=videogames&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=1-1

• Advertisement

jontr wrote: »
    I got Raiden V as well, quite difficult to start with, but with every new game I can see I get better and better. Rewarding game.

26.70GBP for Mortal Kombat 11 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mortal-Kombat-11-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B07L73DW8M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mortal+kombat+11+switch&qid=1571917535&s=videogames&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=1-1

Mortal Kombat dropped price last night on amazon Spain too, so it must be testing everywhere. Next one may be Germany or Italy. Unles already missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sandisk memory cards on sale amazon uk: 14:50 stg for 128 GB
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

jontr wrote: »

It gives me an excuse to use my HRAP stick!
    Which I have yet to use!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos €25.99 for Mortal Kombat 11 I traded mine in back in August think I'll bite at this price

Nintendo switch dock about 88 quid delivered from Amazon France.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B071992NQ2

This is still ridiculous. But I don't see any cheaper elsewhere.

Come on nintendo, this is extortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

conormario wrote: »
    Nintendo switch dock about 88 quid delivered from Amazon France.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B071992NQ2

This is still ridiculous. But I don't see any cheaper elsewhere.

Come on nintendo, this is extortion.

You missed out on Smyths fire sale of them last year. They sold them for €50 iirc which is good considering it comes with a charger that costs €35.

https://www.dekudeals.com/

Steamworld dig 2 is 10 quid on the euro eshop.
    It's a good game with a nice gameplay loop.
    Not sure I'd every play it again, but good while it lasts.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is 60% off at 16 quid.
    Tempted!

The Way Remastered is a nice cheap one at the minute too.
    Just played an hour of it, very good indeed

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Has anyone played Vektor Wars? Looks like a straightforward Battlezone-type affair with better graphics, but screenshots and a couple of videos on YT make me think it could be a modern equivalent to stuff like Spectre and Vortex on the SNES, neither of which eere as good as I had hoped but still had a certain appeal.

It's down to £1 on the UK shop, at which price it's hard to go wrong...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Fysh wrote: »
    Has anyone played Vektor Wars? Looks like a straightforward Battlezone-type affair with better graphics, but screenshots and a couple of videos on YT make me think it could be a modern equivalent to stuff like Spectre and Vortex on the SNES, neither of which eere as good as I had hoped but still had a certain appeal.

It's down to £1 on the UK shop, at which price it's hard to go wrong...

I picked this up with my coin balance, and...Spectre is an apt comparison. It's ok, in a simple arcadey sort of way, but after 10 minutes or so I quit out of it and uninstalled it because I have other better games to play (though admittedly none that are throwback Battlezone clones...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Best place nowadays, b&m, to get a 3ds charger? Thanks

sweetie wrote: »
    Best place nowadays, b&m, to get a 3ds charger? Thanks

Argos and CEX sell spurious chargers for about €8. GameStop have a 3ds to usb cable for €10.

Argos and CEX sell spurious chargers for about €8. GameStop have a 3ds to usb cable for €10.

Argos would suit but the site is shocking, can't check if they have any. Cheers

Argos would suit but the site is shocking, can't check if they have any. Cheers

Put the catalogue code into http://checkargos.com much better system to check local stock levels.

Amazon have the PowerA GameCube controller for £30. If the code Sligeach posted last week works for anyone it'll be an even cheaper option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXKCX6Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z9TTDbWBGAYTB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Thanks, I've reserved this. Can't seem to search for the XL one

Sorry the xl is the same charger so should do. It was a case came up underneath the charger as xl

Thanks, I've reserved this. Can't seem to search for the XL one

The official charger isn't there. That charger works with all DS models made after the Lite and the PSP.

• Advertisement

I signed up to that about a week ago. I'm not expecting to hear anything back really. Though it did let me enter all my details for Ireland, so we'll see. There was a competition too to win a Switch, that definitely won't happen, as per usual it's only for UK residents. I was going to say something(and will) if I receive the magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Finding it hard to find any Switch bundles these days with the better battery.

Anyone seen anything good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

evad_lhorg wrote: »

Curry's in the UK have the improved switch and Mario Kart for £300 which is about €345. Best I could find over a month of research and ordered it last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Curry's in the UK have the improved switch and Mario Kart for £300 which is about €345. Best I could find over a month of research and ordered it last week.

I thought Currys uk don't deliver to Rep Ireland?

On a separate note can someone recommend a good headphones/headset for online play?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Finding it hard to find

You won't because any bundles are being used to shift the old units. Certainly got me! :pac: You'll be waiting till just before Christmas for anything like that, after Pokemon.

Nemanrio wrote: »

On a separate note can someone recommend a good headphones/headset for online play?

They don't, and you need to use a vpn for any transaction to actually go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,501 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I put it through Parcel Motel and it landed this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

I put it through Parcel Motel and it landed this morning.
    Yeah, parcel motel all the way. Got a laptop delivered via them from Currys UK directly.

Why not wait till Black Friday? :) I'm planning to do so!
    (I mean I'm anxious to buy one decent bundle, but I can wait a bit!)

I think it's Currys@eBay that won't ship to service like Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard. The main Currys.co.uk site have no such reluctance though it seems.

• Advertisement

I think it's Currys@eBay that won't ship to service like Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard. The main Currys.co.uk site have no such reluctance though it seems.

I had a 27" monitor shipped from Curry's eBay to AddressPal. The main Curry's.co.uk wouldn't ship to Ireland or mail forwarding addresses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Improved battery Switch with choice of MK8, Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword or Shield, or Luigi's Mansion for 350 on Littlewoods. Console on its own is 305, and there are other bundles with 2 games.

hdl wrote: »
    Improved battery Switch with choice of MK8, Link's Awakening, Mario Maker 2, Pokemon Sword or Shield, or Luigi's Mansion for 350 on Littlewoods. Console on its own is 305, and there are other bundles with 2 games.

Any idea what littlewoods are like to deal with?

Ordered a phone once from them, it never shipped, they just gave me the run around for weeks. Got money back and got phone next day from 3. They rate very low on trustpilot

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

conormario wrote: »
    Ordered a phone once from them, it never shipped, they just gave me the run around for weeks. Got money back and got phone next day from 3. They rate very low on trustpilot

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.littlewoodsireland.ie

Ta, might knock that on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

I've ordered random stuff from them over the years. Never any problem here. Dispatched within a few days and delivered within the week. Only issues I've had is with the courier. They use (or at least used to use) Fastway, and the local driver here is an a$$hole who tells you to drive around looking for him if you miss the delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I tried to order boots for the wife from them once and I couldn't get my account fully setup. It wouldn't accept my address for some reason as it wasn't unique I think, even when I used the Eircode. Drove me around the bend and I gave up.

Thankfully found the same boots cheaper then on that shoe chain Office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I signed up to that about a week ago. I'm not expecting to hear anything back really. Though it did let me enter all my details for Ireland, so we'll see. There was a competition too to win a Switch, that definitely won't happen, as per usual it's only for UK residents. I was going to say something(and will) if I receive the magazine.

Ordered this magazine this morning and received a dispatch email this afternoon. Using Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,296 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got an email saying a copy of that Nintendo gamesradar book was dispatched to me because I had ordered off the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got an email saying a copy of that Nintendo gamesradar book was dispatched to me because I had ordered off the store.

Same here, along with bit about 10% off voucher in Nintendo UK Store that's contained within the book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement