Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Ordered these from COS 0175566002_14_0.jpg
    0180051002_14_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭WhirlEsme

Got 2 pairs of gloves in TK Maxx, current season, for fantastic prices! Happy days :)

michael-michael-kors-macys-gloves-gloves-leather-astor-studded.jpg

Michael Kors Leather gloves - 35 euro in TK Maxx, currently over 90 quid in Macys' (Link: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-gloves-leather-astor-studded?ID=1051430&CategoryID=58063#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D58%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D20)

025010136360?$V7PdpLarge$

Dents Leopard Print Suede Gloves - 35 euro in TK Maxx, currently 109 euro in Debenhams (Link: http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_025010136360_-1)

Bargains all round! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Love love LOVE that coat XxMCRxBabyxX

None available on the awear site in my size but Asos have it for 100e.

OOOOOHHHH do I want to spend that much :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'd try look around stores for it first. I think they might have it for €75 or possibly less if they have the 20% offer too.

It's amazing btw. Had arrived by the next day and is just so lovely in every way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

Picked up this shirt when I was over in London. From Blaqua.

IMG_4773_copia_grande.jpg?230

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Henry St branch has them so other branches might have them too, I bought one today. It was €56.25 :)

I got a tank top with this print in Ibiza two weeks ago, t'was €14!

il_570xN.483721356_hmhz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Have one on hold for me.

Yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

This as a possible interview outfit. The interviews I hope to get will be for accountancy firms. I hate trouser suits and blouses, and I think it's very important to feel comfortable in your interview outfit, body language and all that. Not too sure about the back though. I'd wear it with black tights and black leather pointy stillettos from my 2004 collection. ;) Oh, and it'd be a lot longer on me than on the model as she has a good 4 inches on me. :)

Opinions welcome and much appreciated! :) I'll send it back if not suitable, but I do think it's lovely. Only other potential problem with it is that it has some wool content. Clothes containing wool SOMETIMES make me itch, not always though which is weird. :confused:

2s6amc8.jpg

xav093.jpg

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2885526

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

@apriloneill, I really really like it.. In fact I might get it too. For an interview I might put a crisp white shirt underneath.. (Shorter sleeves so they don't show though). Really nice purchase.

yellow hen wrote: »
    @apriloneill, I really really like it.. In fact I might get it too. For an interview I might put a crisp white shirt underneath.. (Shorter sleeves so they don't show though). Really nice purchase.

That's a really good idea, it'd make it a bit smarter, and I wouldn't have to break the bank either, I'm sure I'd find something in Zara or Next. I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in a blouse in that context, it more just the gapey stretching over the boobs thing I hate.

I have a winter wedding to attend where it also might get an outing! I'd jazz it up a bit for that, of course. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

This as a possible interview outfit. The interviews I hope to get will be for accountancy firms. I hate trouser suits and blouses, and I think it's very important to feel comfortable in your interview outfit, body language and all that. Not too sure about the back though. I'd wear it with black tights and black leather pointy stillettos from my 2004 collection. ;) Oh, and it'd be a lot longer on me than on the model as she has a good 4 inches on me. :)

Opinions welcome and much appreciated! :) I'll send it back if not suitable, but I do think it's lovely. Only other potential problem with it is that it has some wool content. Clothes containing wool SOMETIMES make me itch, not always though which is weird. :confused:

Hmmm not sure I'd wear that to a formal interview! A suit and/or shirt or something more structured at least always comes across more professionally IMO. You might get away with it if a good but longer in length and consider teaming with suit jacket. I'd opt for the suit though and keep this for office wear when you get the job

Hmmm not sure I'd wear that to a formal interview! A suit and/or shirt or something more structured at least always comes across more professionally IMO. You might get away with it if a good but longer in length and consider teaming with suit jacket. I'd opt for the suit though and keep this for office wear when you get the job

I dunno, isn't the whole "You must wear a suit" thing a bit outdated?

And, to be frank, I can't afford it! But, I might need to find a way to afford it. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think it needs a jacket. Suits definitely are not outdated, but it depends on the industry. Not sure about accounting, but I would have thought that would be a very professional environment.

I agree suits aren't outdated but it us more acceptable to wear clothing other than a suit. To me, neat hair, good makeup and a clean cut image more than compensates for the suit. In my last few interviews, I've worn a dress with a crisp with shirt and hair swept bsck up.

Twee. wrote: »
    I think it needs a jacket. Suits definitely are not outdated, but it depends on the industry. Not sure about accounting, but I would have thought that would be a very professional environment.

I miswrote that, I've edited. I meant that I thought the idea that you could *only* wear a suit might be outdated. A jacket would do the trick, I think! I really hate trouser suits and blouses. And would just be really uncomfortable, which isn't good in an interview setting when you're trying to come across relaxed. :)

And the dress wouldn't be that short on me! It'd be on the knee.

yellow hen wrote: »
    I agree suits aren't outdated but it us more acceptable to wear clothing other than a suit. To me, neat hair, good makeup and a clean cut image more than compensates for the suit. In my last few interviews, I've worn a dress with a crisp with shirt and hair swept bsck up.

Yeah, I'd rather a nice dress to a cheapo suit. I might be able to snag a nice jacket on sale somewhere though! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I have a lovely jacket from Zara that I've worn with dresses and trousers for interviews. It's sort of a peplum shape with a mandarin collar, so not your standard blazer type.

Twee. wrote: »
    I have a lovely jacket from Zara that I've worn with dresses and trousers for interviews. It's sort of a peplum shape with a mandarin collar, so not your standard blazer type.

Yeah, something like that would be perf. And probably not too expensive either.

Maybe I should wait and see if I get some damn interviews first. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

A suit will never be outdated albeit certain styles may change (bootleg v flare lol). But as someone said it is more acceptable to alter the traditional skirt/trouser and shirt combo..blouse or structured suit dress For an accountancy interview though you really want to come across as professional as possible.

• Advertisement

For an accountancy interview though you really want to come across as professional as possible.

I realise that. My point is that you don't necessarily need a suit to do that, esp if the suit is a cheapo one.

OMG, just remembered I have a suit jacket that will fit me AND match. Sweet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Detective Mittens

All H&M

Imitation leather skirt €24
    large]Jumper €19.95large]

Jersey dress €9.95
    large]Dress €19.95large]

Blazer €19.95
    large]Ankle boots €39.95large]

That red dress is so beautiful, Detective Mittens! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Just replaced my poor retired Triumphs with these Amilies. Love them, they shall make me look like a kickass steampunk-ish adventurer lady while I stomp through puddles on my way to work this winter.

41C1VVYjlaL._SY395_.jpg

which I picked up on Amazon with 20% off (you can get that discount if you subscribe to their clothing emails & is only valid for purchases through amazon themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Ran into Dunnes for a look for about 5mins and came out with these...

Boots €25
    4130321_tan.jpg

Also €25. I am not into leopard print at all, but I think these would look cool with a black dress, black tights, and black leather jacket.

4130443_leopard.jpg

A lovely grey coat €55. Doesn't seem to be a pictures online, but it is quite similar to this one.
    8830480_black.jpg

• Advertisement

they shall make me look like a kickass steampunk-ish adventurer lady

There is no way I could pull that off. :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

There is no way I could pull that off. :(

:pac:

It helps when you can only see the shoes as you walk along and your imagination fills in the rest of 'adventurer lady' look.

Will have to go back, I'm afraid. It's lovely, but as anticipated, the wool content is a problem for me. Ah well. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Both from Schuh

mel

1368085860_main.jpg

Hush Puppies

1361256220_main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Signature Styler

Fab flats with the bow above ^

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I bought these today as a treat to wear for my birthday in a few weeks! They were bought in a local boutique in Tralee, but they are by Ruby Shoo

08419_DEMI_GREY__77487.1379852590.1280.1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Went to new look today and got the lot below for €26
    294255769?$prod_details_hero$

287333138?wid=320&hei=480

The shoes are a bit cheap looking alright but will be fine for a night out and go well with the two dresses above and only €7!
    284545762?wid=320&hei=480

^ Seriously , the green one is fab! Might pop in tomorrow!!

^ Seriously , the green one is fab! Might pop in tomorrow!!

Its nicer in reality as its a jacquard kind of fabric. http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/dark-green-jacquard-cap-sleeve-midi-dress_287333138 Its was down to €11 instore so even better value than the UK site which is rare!

lindtee wrote: »
    Its nicer in reality as its a jacquard kind of fabric. http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/dresses/dark-green-jacquard-cap-sleeve-midi-dress_287333138 Its was down to €11 instore so even better value than the UK site which is rare!

thanks a million!

Two more potential interview dresses:

Warehouse, on sale for 30 Euro (even at full price and inc. delivery charges it would work out cheaper on the Warehouse site than on ASOS. :eek: Something to watch out for, peeps!):

sv59wz.jpg
    mcgohz.jpg

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/textured-zip-back-dress/dresses/warehouse/fcp-product/4543086777

ASOS, 50 euro with student discount:

214zjpl.jpg

http://www.asos.com//Asos/Asos-Pencil-Dress-With-Contast-Raglan/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2928722

I *really* like the Warehouse one, hope it's nice on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Got these in on debenhams.ie 25% sale on shoes and boots with a further 10% discount code, free delivery! Happy out, have been looking for something exactly like these to wear over skinny jeans for a while :)

051010162487?wid=1250&hei=1250&qlt=95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

April I love the Warehouse one too, great bargain. Am starting a new job in a few weeks myself so think I will check it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

€29.99 in New Look

288045701?$zoomPopup$&hei=390&wid=958

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Dress for graduation!

3170124101_1.jpg

Yay velvet

From Oasis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I got this in new look today, I would never have looked at it on the website because it doesn't look nice at all but saw it in the shop and it is fab, great fit and would work for a night out with skinny jeans, boots and big hair because it looks kind of dressy on.

I'm a 6 but the smallest they had was an 8 but it sits really nice, kind of has a slouchy neck which I love.

296040601?$get_the_look$

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Got this in Vero Moda, reduced to €5! :)

vero-moda-zalando-tshirts-milla-print-tshirt-grey.jpg

I had these Chinese laundry 'Milana' boots in my Amazon basket for a year waiting for the price to drop and they finally dropped to £30! :D

2006442-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

^^^^Couldn't resist ordering them boots myself :o I Signed up with a new account to get the 20% off clothing and footwear discount so they came to £24.60

lindtee wrote: »
    ^^^^Couldn't resist ordering them boots myself :o I Signed up with a new account to get the 20% off clothing and footwear discount so they came to £24.60

Oh I love them, I've used that discount before (on several accounts) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

000381087?$prod_grid3$

Picked up a pair of these from bertie. So comfortable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Bought myself this online last night...couldn't resist! :D

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/x52272s1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I never buy many clothes and when I do they are hardly expensive but work has forced my hand!

Nothing leather Kintaro? This is unual! ;)

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Nothing leather Kintaro? This is unual! ;)

That's the first time I've seen your clothes kintaro! Can't believe there's cord in your wardrobe!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement