Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report a mod

Options
  • 18-08-2020 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

Hi

How do I go about reporting a mod?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved to the Help Desk

It would depend on the nature of your complaint, for example, is your complaint because of how you have been treated by said mod? Are you concerned about the mod's behaviour in general? Have you discovered a mod has a conflict of interests in a forum they mod?

You would need to give information before I could advise you how to proceed with your complaint.

Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Shield wrote: »
    Moved to the Help Desk

It would depend on the nature of your complaint, for example, is your complaint because of how you have been treated by said mod? Are you concerned about the mod's behaviour in general? Have you discovered a mod has a conflict of interests in a forum they mod?

You would need to give information before I could advise you how to proceed with your complaint.

Shield.

The mod in question has recently started deleting my posts on a forum where he is a regular poster himself.

I have had a few issues with this mod before and he has given me 2 temporary bans from a thread he moderates.

I'm not disputing the bans as that is history.

The thread is overly represented with posters of a particular view. He also holds the same view and has shown so in his posting.

I don't hold the same view and when that view is expressed I mostly find myself getting a page of replies from regular thread posters telling me I'm wrong or arguing the point.
    No issue there.

The problem is the mod just deletes my post and gives a made up reason.

I messaged the mod and gave him examples of other posters who said the same thing. No action taken.
    The reason is because the mod shares the same view or opinion as them. They are on the same "side".

He cant mod fairly if he blatantly shows his bias and opinion. It's not a fair deal

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Thanks for all that.

Just so you know for future reference, all replies on here are pre-moderated. Each reply has to be manually reviewed by a moderator before it becomes visible to the rest of the site's users.

What you have described in covered in the Help Desk's forum charter which states:

Complaints about a moderator action, ban or infraction
    ALWAYS PM THE MODERATOR FIRST...
    If you're unhappy with that outcome, then get in touch with that sections CMod.
    It's clear that from the information you have given that you have contacted the mod in question and you are unhappy with the outcome. The next step would be to contact a CMod above that mod via PM, draw their attention to this thread, and tell them what your ideal outcome is. They will be able to help you from there.

Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Shield wrote: »
    Thanks for all that.

Just so you know for future reference, all replies on here are pre-moderated. Each reply has to be manually reviewed by a moderator before it becomes visible to the rest of the site's users.

What you have described in covered in the Help Desk's forum charter which states:

It's clear that from the information you have given that you have contacted the mod in question and you are unhappy with the outcome. The next step would be to contact a CMod above that mod via PM, draw their attention to this thread, and tell them what your ideal outcome is. They will be able to help you from there.

Shield.

How do I contact a CMod ? Is there a list or access point?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They're list at the bottom of every forum.

There's also a list here, but I should update it:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110152725&postcount=2

• Advertisement

If, for example, your disagreement was with me in the Emergency Services forum you would scroll down to the end of the page, and see that the forum mods for that forum are me and Turner.

Underneath that, you should see Category Moderators, listing Big Bag of Chips, bluewolf, Faith, Neyite as CMods for that forum. Simply pick one, and send the PM as advised above.

Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement