Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Filling out my compentencies at present for internal EO.
    My God, they're tricky!
    Finding it particularly hard to come up with something for people management.
    All my work experience has been office based. That includes plenty of tasks fit for a manager, however, I have never been responsible for the management of people, if that makes sense.
    And obviously, as a CO, managing or telling your fellow COs what to do is fairly frowned upon also.
    Any advice?
    Have you ever needed to train someone? The experience doesn't need to come from work either. In the past, I've used experiences from my time on a parents association to show how I managed people.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Hi folks. Filling out my compentencies at present for internal EO.
    My God, they're tricky!
    Finding it particularly hard to come up with something for people management.
    All my work experience has been office based. That includes plenty of tasks fit for a manager, however, I have never been responsible for the management of people, if that makes sense.
    And obviously, as a CO, managing or telling your fellow COs what to do is fairly frowned upon also.
    Any advice?

Values and supports the development of others and the team

Have you ever mentored or supported new staff (including TCO's) in getting familiar with their roles?. Or perhaps trained other staff in on a new process?

Actively shares information, knowledge and expertise to help the team to meet it’s objectives

Have you ever seen a staff member struggling with a task that your familiar with and offered your assistance or advice (without being told to by a EO etc)

I would consider these as examples

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Hello again.
    Yes, I have trained staff! Didn't cross my mind to mention that but definitely will now.
    What a helpful bunch you are!!
    Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Really looking forward to this. Fingers and toes crossed . Good luck everyone.

Just a passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Loudboy

I just downloaded the Application Form for this (1901703 Detailed English PDF V6.pdf) and there is no Section B, to insert my competencies. Is anyone else getting this error?

• Advertisement

Loudboy wrote: »
    I just downloaded the Application Form for this (1901703 Detailed English PDF V6.pdf) and there is no Section B, to insert my competencies. Is anyone else getting this error?
    This application is just previous work experience and education. Competencies aren't required yet.

Competencies seem to be required according to Posts 91 to 94 above... from Sinead Mc1
    And the form just skips from Section A to Section C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MFPM

Competencies seem to be required according to Posts 91 to 94 above... from Sinead Mc1

Sinead Mc1 is applying through the internal EO competition it seems - she's already a public servant - the application process is slightly different AFAIK.

She's referring to a different competition.

Ah I see, she refers to internal EO competition..

Thanks for all the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bairds1223

I notice the section 2 was missing also, I emailed the pas and they said that it was correct.

Do we detail anywhere about competencies? Or would any one have suggestions what goes in section c? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Bairds1223 wrote: »
    I notice the section 2 was missing also, I emailed the pas and they said that it was correct.

Do we detail anywhere about competencies? Or would any one have suggestions what goes in section c? Thanks

I believe competencies will be covered in the pre interview application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aurora21

Does anyone have any tips on how to pass the EO questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lateron

Aurora21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips on how to pass the EO questionnaire?
    What is the questionnaire? Is it part of the 1st assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Anyone have advise in relation to location ? For example county A would be perfect . County B is also an option but only the southern half of the county if that makes sense . If you get offered a job in the north of county B but have to refuse due to unsuitable location is that then end of it or could you still be offered something further down the line ?
    If not would it be better to just select county A and hope for the best with that ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

Who can apply for internal competition? Is this for people currently working in the civil service only?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Daz_ wrote: »
    Anyone have advise in relation to location ? For example county A would be perfect . County B is also an option but only the southern half of the county if that makes sense . If you get offered a job in the north of county B but have to refuse due to unsuitable location is that then end of it or could you still be offered something further down the line ?
    If not would it be better to just select county A and hope for the best with that ? Thanks

If I were you I would select County B as your second preferred location. I selected Cork as my preferred location for CO but had to turn down a job offer as it was too far for me to commute (Cork is a big county) When I turned it down they kept me on the panel if something became available within a 40km radius (can’t really remember exactly) and it did so my advise would be to select two counties

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Who can apply for internal competition? Is this for people currently working in the civil service only?

Internal is for current civil service, this however is an external competition, anyone can apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's as the name suggests.need to have 2 years service.im short 2 weeks.
    It's also interdepartmental as well as open.

Just wanted to check where it says it's interdepartmental? It's the only part of the process i would qualify for. I wasn't going to apply as i thought it was an open competition.

• Advertisement

lateron wrote: »

Just wanted to check where it says it's interdepartmental? It's the only part of the process i would qualify for. I wasn't going to apply as i thought it was an open competition.

Its on the application form once you download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Punklion

teaontap wrote: »
    I believe competencies will be covered in the pre interview application form.

I have just completed the EO for Dublin and am on the panel for it. You did not have to fill in a competency application form at all. Competencies were just dealt with at interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It is but you need to qualify for it to apply for that stream.

It is but you need to qualify for it to apply for that stream.

I dont disagree, the question i was responding to was where does it say interdepartmental.

I was just pointing out that its on the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

TheJet wrote: »
    If I were you I would select County B as your second preferred location. I selected Cork as my preferred location for CO but had to turn down a job offer as it was too far for me to commute (Cork is a big county) When I turned it down they kept me on the panel if something became available within a 40km radius (can’t really remember exactly) and it did so my advise would be to select two counties

Thanks for that . Must look at it again as I didn’t see if you can select preferred location though

Thank you for letting me know me know.

Punklion wrote: »
    I have just completed the EO for Dublin and am on the panel for it. You did not have to fill in a competency application form at all. Competencies were just dealt with at interview.

Hi Punklion, is the process

1.complete form online
    2 Verbal/ Numerical Reasoning Tests unsupervised
    3 Verbal/ Numerical Reasoning Tests supervised
    4 interview

Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Hi Punklion, is the process

1.complete form online
    2 Verbal/ Numerical Reasoning Tests unsupervised
    3 Verbal/ Numerical Reasoning Tests supervised
    4 interview

Thanks

What sort of timeline are we looking at for those? If you don't mind me asking.

irish_goat wrote: »
    What sort of timeline are we looking at for those? If you don't mind me asking.

Im not sure if this is the process, That is why I asked the question. So i'm afraid I cant help you with an answer on timeline. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Im not sure if this is the process, That is why I asked the question. So i'm afraid I cant help you with an answer on timeline. Thanks

Ah, so you did.

Question open to the floor then so. :pac:

Advertisement