Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malta

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

"The trouble allegedly began before Ryanair flight FR7242 even took off yesterday with the travellers refusing to take their seats and playing loud music at the back of the plane, delaying take-off for 45 minutes."

Subtle... very subtle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There is currently a 4 day music festival taking place in Malta, called Lost & Found. All started by and organised by the great Irish DJ / radio presenter Annie Mac. She's great and really has an impressive career for a career path that is really male dominated. Seems to be a big tourist attraction for younger generation.

That flight was obviously the main flight for the festival goers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eviem

Hi guys, heading to Malta st Julian's in two weeks time, I've never been before, would like to do a cruise/ boat trip while there but just wondering where or who are best to go with? Will we have to get a bus to another place ro do this... any advice greatly appreciated, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭3DataModem

eviem wrote: »
    Hi guys, heading to Malta st Julian's in two weeks time, I've never been before, would like to do a cruise/ boat trip while there but just wondering where or who are best to go with? Will we have to get a bus to another place ro do this... any advice greatly appreciated, cheers

You can book them all right at the water in St Juliens. Walk the length of the prom, get the brochures, and make your choice, then book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

eviem wrote:

Latini Cruises are a good company. They have a stall on Tower Road in Sliema

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Malta is a superb holiday destination. We used the Hornblower cruises which picked us up at St Pauls. I could not fault them. We got 4 hours in the blue lagoon as part of the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ttc028

Be careful with car rentals, video all around the car before you leave the airport.
    Even the larger companies are suspect.
    At least if you have evidence that the damage was already present before you left the airport, you might have some chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

We went to Malta for a week in June. I was not very impressed with the place we stayed in Sleima and thought their litter problem was awful for a tourists country.
    It was a place I would not rush back to. Valletta was nice and the ferries over and back but overall I felt that the building works and their litter are a real turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

coleen wrote: »
    We went to Malta for a week in June. I was not very impressed with the place we stayed in Sleima and thought their litter problem was awful for a tourists country.
    It was a place I would not rush back to. Valletta was nice and the ferries over and back but overall I felt that the building works and their litter are a real turn off.

+1 on that , Valetta was ok, The old capital Mdina was beautiful as was the island of Gozo. Litter bad and a lot of building work going on. I believe some corruption in high office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just home from Sliema myself, couldn't get over the amount of cranes and construction work currently taking place in Sliema, and the island as a whole. Puts Dublin's skyline to shame! Sliema was the perfect level of quiet/busy for me anyways, and can always go to St Julian's if wanting something busier.

Valetta was lovely alright, very clean too. Mdina very peaceful too. Thought Gozo was horrendous tho to be honest and wouldn't go back if you paid me, although maybe we were just brought to the wrong spots.

Public transport is very impressive I found too. Never waiting more than 6 mins for any bus to all the main spots and that Sliema-Valetta ferry is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Anyone in silema recently? Is it quiet? Heading there myself.

Advertisement