Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

sc86 wrote: »
    stephen bunting done same in his first year on the order of merit
    think he was top 20 by the time the worlds was on
    how long did that last?
    i could name 10 others that have done the same and are nowhere now

plenty have showed form for few months
    be consistant over a few years and win a few majors
    then you can start to consider if hes top 5 or whatever

wayne mardle comes out with total hyperbowl sh1t and even he wouldnt come out with something as off the charts
    as rob cross been 3rd best in the world

Thats what im saying about anderson 2 time back 2 back world champ and same as 2 time back to back world champ lewis,what has lewis done since then nothing and thats where anderson compares.

The both never excelled from winning the big one and i cant see it now at all.what ever about ando i think lewis is struggling on a lot of fronts................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

stephen bunting done same in his first year on the order of merit
    think he was top 20 by the time the worlds was on
    how long did that last?
    i could name 10 others that have done the same and are nowhere now

plenty have showed form for few months
    be consistant over a few years and win a few majors
    then you can start to consider if hes top 5 or whatever

wayne mardle comes out with total hyperbowl sh1t and even he wouldnt come out with something as off the charts
    as rob cross been 3rd best in the world

Last comment on this as it is dragging on.

What has how long buntings form lasted gotto do with it? I'm saying right now, on current form, He's definetley top 3-5. There's not 5 players more consistent than him this year, facts don't lie. I'm well aware he's form may drop off and he may become a journey man. Doubt it though. I may have got a bit excited with 3rd because gurney and mensor have won big titles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bunting got out of jail there

Wow what a case of the yips by Benny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Whitlock will be fuming with that display should have won definitely affected by Van Peer
    Barry Van Peer hasd a lot of problems with the crowd and his dartisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads this is the general chat thread, we should use the Grand Slam thread for Grand Slam talk.

Liamalone wrote: »
    True, Steve Beaton is above him for one, surely if he's been doing so well he'd be higher.

Anyways, he's good but he's not third best in the world if he hasn't proved himself on the big stage. Which he hasn't.

Here is the rankings for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

As I said, Rob Cross is not the third best player in the world :D

Mental breakdowns van peer and Menzies, a tough watch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Figures look borked, e.g., Anderson won £160K on the 2nd January this year in the 2017 World Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

Figures look borked, e.g., Anderson won £160K on the 2nd January this year in the 2017 World Championship.

Thats this years Pro Tour Order Of Merit since January. This is PDC rankings over two years which gives a more accurate form guide
    https://www.pdc.tv/pdc-order-of-merit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

dont let the facts get in the way :D

Seems van gerwen is as deluded as me, just said cross is without doubt top 4 in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Insane standard of darts tonight lads.. Just unreal at times.. Should be 2 great semi finals and final tomorrow

No point counting money when Cross wasn't on the tour, that's the point I was trying to make..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Seems van gerwen is as deluded as me, just said cross is without doubt top 4 in the world

You said top three lmao :D

Decent final , well done MVG

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I don't think MVG will win the world's. Honestly don't think his head is in the right place. The crowd are starting to get him. Before he used to alway be very composed in interviews after matches and you knew what he was going to say. Now I'm not so sure. It seems like whatever Taylor is up too is messing with his head. Also I think the real Phil Taylor is starting to come out. He really isn't a nice person. It just all adds to drama. Roll on December 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Taylor is like a fella who on his last day at work goes around to everyone to tell them what he really thinks of them before taking a dump on his desk and heading off out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭sc86

shame to see terry jenkins not bother try qualify for the worlds this year
    same with ronnie baxter

end of a era , 2 top notch players back in the day

• Advertisement

same with ronnie baxter

We've seen very little of Baxter over the last few years but Jenkins up to recently has been reasonably competitive. He was going to call it a day a few years ago and kept going but looks like he's winding things down again. Seems a sound fella and always enjoyed watching him.

same with ronnie baxter

they can fully move onto the exhibition circuit

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    I don't think MVG will win the world's. Honestly don't think his head is in the right place. The crowd are starting to get him. Before he used to alway be very composed in interviews after matches and you knew what he was going to say. Now I'm not so sure. It seems like whatever Taylor is up too is messing with his head. Also I think the real Phil Taylor is starting to come out. He really isn't a nice person. It just all adds to drama. Roll on December 14th.

He's won 3 tv tournaments in the last 30 days, all in dominant fashion with huge averages. He whopped Taylor 16-8. How do you think his head isn't in right place or Taylor mind games getting to him.. :-/
    He may not win the world's, but he's definetley back to his best since the Grand Prix.

He's won 3 tv tournaments in the last 30 days, all in dominant fashion with huge averages. He whopped Taylor 16-8. How do you think his head isn't in right place or Taylor mind games getting to him.. :-/
    He may not win the world's, but he's definetley back to his best since the Grand Prix.

I was thinking the same. He's winning tournaments and has come through some tough matches so looks the form choice to me. Set format can level
    the playing field a bit and it can be a bit stop start but really hard to see him as anything other than favourite and deservedly so.

is rob cross seeded in the worlds?

gramar wrote: »
    I was thinking the same. He's winning tournaments and has come through some tough matches so looks the form choice to me. Set format can level
    the playing field a bit and it can be a bit stop start but really hard to see him as anything other than favourite and deservedly so.

Set format seems to give him the most trouble aright, the grand prix and world's only tournaments he hasn't won 3 times I think? It should definetley be the most interesting worlds yet from a betting point of view, so many players on form this year. Going to have a few "to reach the semi finals" bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

peteeeed wrote: »
    is rob cross seeded in the worlds?

Don't think he is. Rod Harrington was saying that all the seeds will dread facing him and he'll go off favourite against most

paulie21 wrote: »
    Don't think he is. Rod Harrington was saying that all the seeds will dread facing him and he'll go off favourite against most

big time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Players Championship starts tomorrow afternoon on ITV4.
    One of my favourite tournaments, the one PDC event which emulates the old Lakeside setup/holiday atmosphere with a large proportion of the audience staying in the venue for the whole weekend.

Some interesting matchups in the draw, as always the draw is 'different' because of some players playing in more qualifying events than others, so we have Cross & Gurney as #1 & #2 with MVG down in #6. Wade v Painter probably the pick of the 1st round. Good to see Paul Nicholson back on the big stage after a long absence, though with MVG first up it may not last long.
    Steve Lennon and William O'Connor in there for the Irish interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Players_Championship_Finals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

PDC are showing Board 2 on their FB page and the Worlds Qualifiers are on Sky Sports FB page too

Advertisement