Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyrant [FX] [** Spoilers **]

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

Netflix really do need to pick up this show. They'd be the perfect place for it. The show was getting darker and I think it needs to be freed from the bounds of network restrictions to really flourish. Sadly though it'll probably be yet another show gathering dust in my "Great But Cancelled" file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Writing was on the wall with viewership, love the show and think it will get picked up by Hulu or something and get a final season in, they were going to go a different way this season but when it became clear they were going to be potentially finished for good they made an ending that serves as a full stop if necessary, but open to continue also.

I think it does that, if it doesn't get picked up (it is expensive to make apparently) then I think that as sad as it is to see the story cut short it is a decent end. That is certainly one plausible way you could see it going.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just finished watching Season 3 last night. For a show that had a slightly dodgy beginning it turned into (for me) compelling tv and really mirrored the mess that is the Middle East. It's a show I would recommend watching.

What really impressed me come the end was that Leila Al-Fayeed went from a glorified clothes horse to the self declared president of Abudeen. You go girl. You had to admire her tenacity to survive. I felt sorry for Barry/Bazam, he came to the country for a wedding, stays for his father funeral, topples his tyrant brother, tries to bring the country to peace but gets dragged into a war he will win. I though when his son hung a picture of him, he looked haunted as if he was at breaking point. I really enjoyed the character of Jamal and I definitely missed him this season. I found the death of Emma shocking and it was interesting to see how it impacted on Molly.

While it would have been nice to have everything wrapped up neatly, I think the finish is accurate picture of how things are in the Middle East. Everyone seems to be at war, no side is winning, the ordinary people are losing out and you have the US playing all sides. I thought when Exley went to visit Daliyah in prison, it summed up the US attitude to regional conflicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Caprica wrote: »
    Just finished watching Season 3 last night. For a show that had a slightly dodgy beginning it turned into (for me) compelling tv and really mirrored the mess that is the Middle East. It's a show I would recommend watching.

What really impressed me come the end was that Leila Al-Fayeed went from a glorified clothes horse to the self declared president of Abudeen. You go girl. You had to admire her tenacity to survive. I felt sorry for Barry/Bazam, he came to the country for a wedding, stays for his father funeral, topples his tyrant brother, tries to bring the country to peace but gets dragged into a war he will win. I though when his son hung a picture of him, he looked haunted as if he was at breaking point. I really enjoyed the character of Jamal and I definitely missed him this season. I found the death of Emma shocking and it was interesting to see how it impacted on Molly.

While it would have been nice to have everything wrapped up neatly, I think the finish is accurate picture of how things are in the Middle East. Everyone seems to be at war, no side is winning, the ordinary people are losing out and you have the US playing all sides. I thought when Exley went to visit Daliyah in prison, it summed up the US attitude to regional conflicts.

Thanks for the spoilers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks for the spoilers!!

It does say spoilers in the thread title in fairness and everything said in that post has already been said earlier. Kinda your own fault really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Series 3 is on RTE2 soon ... Ep.1 on at 01:20 on Tuesday 11 July. One for the DVR? :P

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Still sucks that this show was cancelled :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, I haven't seen S3 yet, and have avoided spoilers, so I hope they got to conclude the narrative properly. Three series isn't too shabby by modern standards.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just finished this on netflix and throughly enjoyed. Certainly had some very shocking, unexpected moments in it. It would be great if netflix or similar picked it up.

The posts below with i completly agree with and sums up my thoughts on the show as well.
    Ludo wrote: »
    Just watched all season 3 there...absolutely fantastic. To be honest I think it is actually an ok ending to the series. No other way to end it really. A happy american ending bow on it would be completely wrong. It just continues as is and as it always was...just like real life in the middle east really. Kind of an appropriate way to end IMHO.

Having said that....I do hope it comes back on Netflix or somewhere like that.
    Caprica wrote: »

Advertisement