Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

simples go to main forum and click new thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Im a little worried about op's anyway, would that be company sensitive info?

Mech1 wrote: »
    Im a little worried about op's anyway, would that be company sensitive info?

if it was they would use secure lines sure thats how avherald get info as far as i know

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

someone start a vote thread , I dont know how to.

Sure you can just add a poll to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Is the ops frequency the one where they don't identify thselves? Heard a pilot saying he'd a wheelchair passenger - the person he was talking to wanted to know if the passenger was "just a slow walker" or needed to be lifted off. Took the two of them a while to figure it out lol. Heard another pilot asking someone to get AOG parts out of his hold when he lands. Entertaining but distracting too.

• Advertisement

Is the ops frequency the one where they don't identify thselves? Heard a pilot saying he'd a wheelchair passenger - the person he was talking to wanted to know if the passenger was "just a slow walker" or needed to be lifted off. Took the two of them a while to figure it out lol. Heard another pilot asking someone to get AOG parts out of his hold when he lands. Entertaining but distracting too.

Yes thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Clearance is a great freq... :( So is op's.

Any chance of leaving them back in?

op's gone,
    clearance gone,

This is the new feed list:

124.650 Dublin Departures Control
    121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    119.550 Dublin Approach (backup)
    129.175 Dublin Centre North
    126.250 Dublin Centre South
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground

Running with this lineup at the moment, will revisit this after new antenna fitted, I would like to link in Weston at the weekends.

b757 wrote: »
    Clearance is a great freq... :( So is op's.

Any chance of leaving them back in?

Everyone keep the votes coming in on op's / clearance etc.

no poll but im keeping note.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground

What is the role of each of these frequencies? Obviously I assume departures gives the "climb to FLx, turn to heading y", approach gives a route to line up with the active runway, tower.... clearance to land and takeoff? The Dublin centres I can't guess? Ground I'm guessing gives the route from runway to designated stand and back?

Also I've heard them using "Lima" a lot. It's L in the phonetic alphabet but does it have another significance? Like when runway 28 is active the approaching places are cleared "LIPGO 1 Lima". LIPGO is a navigational aid/beacon/waypoint (from http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EIDW/EI_AD_2_EIDW_24-21_en.pdf ) but what does the 1L mean?

• Advertisement

What is the role of each of these frequencies? Obviously I assume departures gives the "climb to FLx, turn to heading y", approach gives a route to line up with the active runway, tower.... clearance to land and takeoff? The Dublin centres I can't guess? Ground I'm guessing gives the route from runway to designated stand and back?

Also I've heard them using "Lima" a lot. It's L in the phonetic alphabet but does it have another significance? Like when runway 28 is active the approaching places are cleared "LIPGO 1 Lima". LIPGO is a navigational aid/beacon/waypoint (from http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EIDW/EI_AD_2_EIDW_24-21_en.pdf ) but what does the 1L mean?

Ok Pilots, nows your chance to join in:D

http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/Published%20Files/AIP%20Files/AD/Chart%20Files/EIDW/EI_AD_2_EIDW_24-17_en.pdf

Lipgo 1L - A STAR (Standard Terminal Arrival Route) for RWY28.

Dublin AIP, List of all STARs/SIDs, Approaches, etc - http://www.iaa.ie/safe_reg/iaip/aip_eidw_charts.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

I'd like the Aer Lingus Ops frequency to be added, but only if it doesn't cause too much interruption. */Vote*

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

EI op's is good, heard chatter re a broken airspeed indicators and that someone had spilled yogurt on the flight deck, entertaining.

not sure linking weston on the weekend is a great idea, after all its a feed for EIDW, imo

I agree with the above EIWT is a different airport and not EIDW

Working on the Op's for now.

Sofar its equal:

Yes Keep it:
    Shamrock231
    Razor44
    B757

No Lose it:
    Crosstownk
    Martinsvi
    Lord Lucan

Im thinking about putting up another feed, Looks like we may need it.
    Pat.

dont forget to add me for keep it :P

Sofar its 4-3:

Yes Keep it:
    Shamrock231
    Razor44
    B757
    Andy g

No Lose it:
    Crosstownk
    Martinsvi
    Lord Lucan

Votes tonight say it (op's freq's) stays in so putting it back now, vote is still open if results change by 8pm tomorrow its back out.
    All up to you guys, I hardly ever listen so no point in me voting.
    Pat.

• Advertisement

op's back,
    clearance gone,

This is the new feed list:

121.100 Approach
    118.600 Tower
    118.500 Dublin FIS
    121.800 Ground
    131.550 Op's
    131.500 O'ps

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Put me down for 'keep it' as well, Pat :)

Sofar its 5-3:

Yes Keep it:
    Shamrock231
    Razor44
    B757
    Andy g
    Nimrod 7

No Lose it:
    Crosstownk
    Martinsvi
    Lord Lucan

vote is still open if results change by 8pm tomorrow its back out.
    All up to you guys, I hardly ever listen so no point in me voting.

Vote for clearance.. :p

b757 wrote: »
    Vote for clearance.. :p

not tonight please:D

Someday we will get another feed going to cover all the "extra's"

not tonight please:D

Someday we will get another feed going to cover all the "extra's"

The other feed could possibly cover ops and eiwt? Then stick clearance into the main. Not my decision but I dont mind as long as EIDW is back up and running, to which it is..

Has anyone got, or knows someone that has, "full" control of a building with a small power supply within 3 miles of Dublin Airport?

Has anyone got, or knows someone that has, "full" control of a building with a small power supply within 3 miles of Dublin Airport?

The old shooting club just out in ballyboughal and it has an old attenna from dublin airport that the club owned perfect for the live feed even pop my radar box up there and we're sorted :P

andy_g wrote: »
    The old shooting club just out in ballyboughal and it has an old attenna from dublin airport that the club owned perfect for the live feed even pop my radar box up there and we're sorted :P

pm me more info.

• Advertisement

pm me more info.

Will dig the info out in the morning as im off to bed for ya Pat.
    Andy

Advertisement