Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liveatc EIDW Feed is up AND GOING WELL. Donations to keep it up would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

Yep I have to admit I thought the feed was pretty good to start with but it is as clear as the radios here in the airport now. I am well impressed and I think I need to up the game on my feed to match your reception. :P

Out of curiosity how far are you from the airport? The ground feeds are really strong and to be honest it's not this good on parts of the airfield!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Google Earth ruler tool puts me at 11.2 miles which is 18km.

Pat.

You must have good line of sight to the airport. It looks like my feed has disconnected for some reason and won't reconnect. Am looking into that now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Who's running the third feed?

i provide the second feed (that is down) for the tower. I'm away for a week but I'll swap out my rasberry pi for a pc when I get back on Fri next due to its flaky behaviour.

Mech 1, do you want me to share any frequencies with you. I'm on high ground in Dun Laoire and might be able to get better reception and avoid you killing yourself :)

Its Declan.

• Advertisement

Removing the 2sec "learner" delay now going back to 1sec between channel shift.
    We are missing too much.

Done, I left the delay on for Op's as they are a bit slower to respond.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Fair play for the feed. It's great to have EIDW up and running again!

I think we have proven that the D-777 antenna is better for Airband than a Discone, anyone interested in a "bulk buy" say 10 units we could save on the shipping and I recon a good discount could be possible. £64.94 inc vat Sterling each to buy one at the moment.

So I got my feed back up and running. I have a hp micro server that I use for a few things like my radar box feed anda media server for the tv. It did not come with an on board sound card so I was using a USB sound and from what I can see the live atc software does not like it! I am now running the feed from an old xp laptop for the moment until I figure out a better solution.

Once I get it sorted and the new antenna up we must figure out a sharing scheme for the frequencies so we can cover as much as possible between us.

• Advertisement

Whats the general thoughts on a Priority Channel?

From Uniden:
    Priority Watch:
    One Channel per bank can be designated as a priority channel. Once activated, the scanner will regularly monitor the selected channel and automatically return upon sensing activity.

My vote would be for 121.100 Approach, what do you all Think?

Aviation and aircraft forum at this moment has 67 guests, why not register and log in people? We dont bite (much) and need your input as to the direction you want these feeds to develop in order to make it a success. If you have listened in to the feeds and have something you want to say then nows the time, all feeders are new to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Shamrock231

I'm not sure I like the idea of a priority channel, it could cause a lot of headaches if everytime mid sentence on the tower frequency with something interesting happening it switches to approach for someone to say "Roger." Best to leave it the way it is to avoid interuption I think...

I'm not sure I like the idea of a priority channel, it could cause a lot of headaches if everytime mid sentence on the tower frequency with something interesting happening it switches to approach for someone to say "Roger." Best to leave it the qay it is to avoid interuption I think...

we could try it and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Mech1 wrote: »
    we could ..........................
    ROGER!

My thoughts are that we have too much ground based transmissions, but maybe thats whats wanted?

keith16 wrote: »
    ROGER!

That's what I feared would happen... :D

we could try it and see.

Exactly, we can always try it for a day or two if you're up for it and see what we think. That's probably the best option...

lets try for the next hour setting 121.100 Approach from now to 23.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

My thoughts are that we have too much ground based transmissions, but maybe thats whats wanted?

I'm a bit of a noob, I do like listening to the ground based stuff but could see how it might become less interesting....

• Advertisement

hang on, gotta read the manual:o

Think its done

yeah its working (not sure if i like it yet)

I hate it coming back off now!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Silly idea.

Sorry, can we change it back please, exactly what I thought would happen is happening...

already done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSey8HRUhU

The first 20 seconds of this video seem to sum up what was happening pretty well...

I wont know if I dont try, but I know now !!!

I wont know if I dont try, but I know now !!!

Yup, at least now we can sleep soundly knowing that was never a good option.

There's 3 EIDW feeds up now, we're spoiled, but it's dividing the viewing numbers up. At this rate we'll never hit top feed... :D

• Advertisement

Yup, at least now we can sleep soundly knowing that was never a good option.

There's 3 EIDW feeds up now, we're spoiled, but it's dividing the viewing numbers up. At this rate we'll never hit top feed... :D

when the other feeds get sorted we may actually be on to something, if we could have a op's / ground / clearance feed it could work.

Advertisement