Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well considering edge is back in the ring it's worth a look to see what shape her neck is in and if there's a way for her to get back in the ring. What's the worst WWE can say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thats a different Paige Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »

In theory it's a good idea, in execution not so much. They've enough in trying to use what they have well enough as is, without throwing another body in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So another UFC one even though they've cooled on Shayna and given up on Marina and Jessamyn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So another UFC one even though they've cooled on Shayna and given up on Marina and Jessamyn

Who says they've given up on jessamyn ? She had double surgery on her elbows I think it was. Being out with injuries isn't them giving up on her. I hope she gets a fair shack at it as she has potential. I don't get the shayna stuff at all. I mean maybe not have her at the top of the card and move her down but there was no need to drop her completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't see why not. They've cooled on Shayna but she had 3 years of a very dominant push before that. Ronda had a great year in WWE. Sonya Deville has a mid-card spot. Signing MMA women hasn't been a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Vince won't see her as an MMA fighter she will be the girl from Dancing with the Stars.

paige-vanzant-dancing-with-the-stars-cast-photo.jpg

Vince won't see her as an MMA fighter she will be the girl from Dancing with the Stars.

paige-vanzant-dancing-with-the-stars-cast-photo.jpg

Looks are a pretty important part of wrestling, like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looks are a pretty important part of wrestling, like it or not.

Someone is stuck in 2019 and not woke to 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Usually I'm against outsiders but with Becky gone, Charlotte injured and Sasha/Bayley/Asuka finally getting their moment, they could do with a fresh face who I assume has some star presence. I assuming she has that?

It's weird Renee would bring it up. I'd take her a million times over Blanchard anyway.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Who says they've given up on jessamyn ? She had double surgery on her elbows I think it was. Being out with injuries isn't them giving up on her. I hope she gets a fair shack at it as she has potential. I don't get the shayna stuff at all. I mean maybe not have her at the top of the card and move her down but there was no need to drop her completely.

For Jessamyn and Marina, I was going by the fact they've just been used as Shayna's lackeys and jobbing in tag matches most of the time.
    I see both in the crowd for the weekly shows.

Usually I'm against outsiders but with Becky gone, Charlotte injured and Sasha/Bayley/Asuka finally getting their moment, they could do with a fresh face who I assume has some star presence. I assuming she has that?

It's weird Renee would bring it up. I'd take her a million times over Blanchard anyway.

Being a casual MMA watcher, her fame seemed mainly because she's a MMA fighter with model looks. Average 8-5 record, one or two great finishes and tough as nails.

WWE could probably make her seem like a big deal.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats a different Paige Easy

Yeah I was just reading back over the last few posts and I've just realised I made a balls of that. I mean my point on WWE Paige still stands but yeah I was trigger from OFAH on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm so done with MMA fighters in WWE. Lesnar and Lasley are fine because of their history in wrestling, same with Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn but this whole thing about signing MMA fighters out of UFC is getting on my nerves. Ronda you might be able to make an argument for because she at least showed some enthusiasm for the job and Becky pinned her at main event of Wrestlemania so it all worked out but even Ronda had a kind've stuck up attitude towards wrestling. I don't want to see Conor McGregor or Paige or anyone else in WWE. I'm just tired of them at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's like the dark ages of NJPW in the 2000s when Inoki had his thing for MMA fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Mr Prichard took a few digs at Nick Aldis in a recent podcast, not only over his time as Magnus but also at his NWA title run, calling him a "play" wrestler.

Bit ironic he'd say such a thing given he's overseeing two cheeseball shows right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,288 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlotte confirmed on Twitter that she is fed up with the stories about her and the whole world having an opinion on her surgery so she is now telling the world that she is going for is corrective cosmetic surgery and no it's not her boobs leaking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Who really cares?????
    The cliche of creepy wrestling fan is in full affect if you search twitter. Frightening stuff. The speaking out movement is massive for wrestlers, but creepy fans need to take their behavior into account also.
    Charlotte confirmed on Twitter that she is fed up with the stories about her and the whole world having an opinion on her surgery so she is now telling the world that she is going for is corrective cosmetic surgery and no it's not her boobs leaking again.

Who really cares?????
    The cliche of creepy wrestling fan is in full affect if you search twitter. Frightening stuff. The speaking out movement is massive for wrestlers, but creepy fans need to take their behavior into account also.

How wrestlers put up with that **** is beyond me, like that fan with the Becky pic where she is basically being bear hugged.

UFC fighter, good looking and with mainstream exposure already...

VanZant is right up Vince's street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

How wrestlers put up with that **** is beyond me, like that fan with the Becky pic where she is basically being bear hugged.

That one's a doozy. Poor Becky. I imagine they've all had similar experiences. Alexa and Sasha in particular seem to attract a lot of nut jobs.

Argh, the Becky one! She is screaming inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Some of those aren't that bad to be fair. But on the other hand some of them are ridiculous. Sasha's airport face is funny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

According to WON, John Cena's contract with WWE has now expired.

sky88 wrote: »

Is Miz playing without a headset, so Maryse can hear everything the others are saying as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Lord TSC wrote: »
    According to WON, John Cena's contract with WWE has now expired.

G1 Cena :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »

Breeze was the star of that video.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Breeze was the star of that video.

Miz and Mareyse are great craic. I hope he doesnt bet her title belts again.

Advertisement