Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I had always heard she had burned her bridges during mae young and try outs but if she actually shouted at Stephanie no chance of her going there

even aside from the racism allegations she has always seemed to have a bad rep

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    I had always heard she had burned her bridges during mae young and try outs but if she actually shouted at Stephanie no chance of her going there

even aside from the racism allegations she has always seemed to have a bad rep

How many women in wrestling, (that aren't WWE contracted) are able to say they got into a alleged shouting match with Stephanie McMahon and stood their ground? That in itself is probably worth a tip of the hat.

Highly talented woman, but comes with lots of baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

We need to stop saying 'I heard' or 'Apparently'

Noone on this board has any idea of what is happening. Its about releasing second hand info first.

We know nothing, we read info written by people who know a little bit. But even on the local level, very few know what is happening. Extrapolate that out into the bigger wrestling world and even less is known

Credit where you read everything where you got your 'apparently' or 'i heard' from

• Registered Users Posts: 39,474 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shock absolute horror that it's all ended in tears for Tessa Blanchard and impact. The fact that she alledgedly didn't bother to even send in promos was an alarm bell to me. The world title match at impacts biggest PPV of the year doesn't have a reigning champ because of Tessa Blanchard. At some point it's not someone else's fault it's yours. AEW should stay well away from her and maybe then she might get the picture.

And it's annoying as a fan because she has it all and should be a bigger star but she can't get out of her way and pick her battles.

Noone on this board has any idea of what is happening. Its about releasing second hand info first.

We know nothing, we read info written by people who know a little bit. But even on the local level, very few know what is happening. Extrapolate that out into the bigger wrestling world and even less is known

Credit where you read everything where you got your 'apparently' or 'i heard' from

Is impact wrestling statement not good enough ?

• Advertisement

Its not a comment on 1 specific post, if you read through the last 15 pages your'll see alot of 'apparently, i heard' which is ridiculous. Credit where its read.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I heard that apparently it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Look at the thread title...

"Wrestling news & rumours"

We're chatting about wrestling on a forum. We don't need to adhere to journalistic standards and practices.

Also journalists do sometimes use apparently and I heard, so I don't see what the kerfuffle is all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I heard through the grapevine that the word on the streets is there's a rumour that I hear he's a giant chicken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I heard the bird is the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure everybody's heard about the bird

No lads, you say things like that to sound like you know more than you actually do. That is my point. No credit to where it was read.

Re read the page this post is on and you'll see what I mean

But just ignore really. I heard that is the best way forward

J. Marston wrote: »
    Look at the thread title...

"Wrestling news & rumours"

We're chatting about wrestling on a forum. We don't need to adhere to journalistic standards and practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

We're not allowed mention certain sources to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

No lads, you say things like that to sound like you know more than you actually do. That is my point. No credit to where it was read.

Re read the page this post is on and you'll see what I mean

But just ignore really. I heard that is the best way forward

No, we say things like that because I imagine we can't be arsed saying "Saw on Reddit, Twitter, news site etc." in every post.

I doubt anyone here considers themselves as some sort of insider.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I heard the bird is the word.

Well let me tell you, first of all, you're wrong. Cos i have it from Meltzey that Grease is the word. That you heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

She'll probably end up on AEW and compete in the men's division.
    She'll be doing well to find another company where the likes of Brian Cage and Sami Callihan will job to her after her behaviour here.

It's not even about men jobbing to women, more that these guys (who were in the midst of their own pushes) putting their own interests to the side to help contribute to Tessa's monster push. Anyone with a hint of humility would feel honoured that a company, and colleagues, would put that much faith in them, and in return try their best to do what was in the best interests of the company that put them there.

It's actually a disgrace tbh.

She'll be doing well to find another company where the likes of Brian Cage and Sami Callihan will job to her after her behaviour here.

It's not even about men jobbing to women, more that these guys (who were in the midst of their own pushes) putting their own interests to the side to help contribute to Tessa's monster push. Anyone with a hint of humility would feel honoured that a company, and colleagues, would put that much faith in them, and in return try their best to do what was in the best interests of the company that put them there.

It's actually a disgrace tbh.

Well Tessa is a Blanchard and while the rest of the four horsemen were clearly themselves turned up and being heels, tully was just himself from every shoot interview talking about(not by him) that tully wasn't a person easily likeable. He was tremendous in the ring but outside...

Clearly the apple didn't fall from Tully to Tessa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The shouting match comment came from Meltzer I believe, it was a long time ago that it was mentioned so it could have been someone like Keller that said it. But I remember that comment sticking with me that I thought “Jesus that shows her having bigger balls than anyone else on the roster”

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Clearly the apple didn't fall from Tully to Tessa.

Nope assuming the apple has actually fallen. Although you'd think the magnum TA influence would have countered the Blanchard natural confidence.

Nope assuming the apple has actually fallen. Although you'd think the magnum TA influence would have countered the Blanchard natural confidence.

Apparently not by the reading of things. Though Maddison Rayne said it best when Tessa debuted in Impact.
    The only thing that's gonna get in Tessa's way is Tessa

Apparently not by the reading of things. Though Maddison Rayne said it best when Tessa debuted in Impact.

Madison Rayne knew the score it seems.

I think Tully's issues were more to do with substances he took.

I think the substances he took enhanced the serious case of being a ****head he had already.

I think the substances he took enhanced the serious case of being a ****head he had already.

Going to guess Tully was fond of the Columbian marching powder?

Michael Elgin done with Impact now the Slammiversary main event has totally fallen apart.

Going to guess Tully was fond of the Columbian marching powder?

The only wrestler ever sacked by the WWF for testing positive for cocaine and it was on his first failure as well just as he and Arn were about to be the men in the tag division.

The only wrestler ever sacked by the WWF for testing positive for cocaine and it was on his first failure as well just as he and Arn were about to be the men in the tag division.

Yeah and arn got shafted by Jim herd on the money he'd agreed on because of tully. I know they are okay again but for a while after according to arn Anderson there was heat there.

• Advertisement

Meltzer reporting that the WWE have been in touch with Tessa Blanchard as soon as she was fired about working together.

Advertisement