Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

Options
1596061626365»

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    I just got into this last week. myself and Hub loving it. So unpredictable. Anyway I have only seen season 1 but am probably goin to download season 2 over the wknd. The question I have is.. Is the 3rd season recorded yet and if so when is it goin to air?

THey're filming at the moment, wrapping in October I think. Will be airing around the end of march 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I just got into this last week. myself and Hub loving it. So unpredictable. Anyway I have only seen season 1 but am probably goin to download season 2 over the wknd. The question I have is.. Is the 3rd season recorded yet and if so when is it goin to air?

THey're filming at the moment, wrapping in October I think. Will be airing around the end of march 2013.
    Oh no I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Time to get the books so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Books all the way!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,139 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Indeed, i was set on only reading each book after it's respective season but after A Clash of Kings there was no turning back really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Are the books on kindle?

Are the books on kindle?

I think so, pretty sure Amazon has them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This could lead to a 'how do you read Game of Thrones' thread.:D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This could lead to a 'how do you read Game of Thrones' thread.:D

The answer to which is like a crack addict! I honestly remember skipping meals, sleep and work to devour them.

The answer to which is like a crack addict! I honestly remember skipping meals, sleep and work to devour them.

Speaking of skipping meals, if a meal description pops up in a particularly compelling chapter I have skipped them once or twice.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Speaking of skipping meals, if a meal description pops up in a particularly compelling chapter I have skipped them once or twice.

You know you want it!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0345534492

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I have it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Searched for Bran on this forum and looked for the first post that looked to be making a call:
    _blank_ wrote: »
    Nothing here from the books, all speculation based on 8 TV Episodes and knowledge from there.

I think Jon Snow is more than a Stark, and will be in the running for the actual throne if/when he beats the Lannisters. We still don't know who his real mother is remember. I know Ned and The King had a conversation about some hoors, but I'm not convinced on that at all.

I also think Jon Snow will be instrumental in the defence against whatever comes over the wall, which points to him winning his particular battle (I'm basing this on the fact that there hasn't been much other character development on the Wall so far, apart from the older Lords up there, and the cowardly fella).

I definitely think Tyrion will turn against his family in the initial stages of the game, he is already wrangling his way into Jon Snow's affections, but ultimately will be the downfall of Snow, due in no small part to owing a debt elsewhere.

If Jon Snow doesnt end up on the throne himself, he will probably win it for House Stark, and be the Hand for whichever son is still alive to become King, probably Bran.

I wonder if John Arryn's son has a claim, his mad mother could come into play, trying to force him onto the throne at some stage. I reckon she may even line him up with the Lannisters in some kind of power deal. The Lannisters seem to me to to be happy to support a King, once they remain powerful behind the scenes. In fact, she may even line him up with the Targaryens/Khal Drogo when they arrive across The Narrow Sea.

Sansa will turncoat, if she hasn't already, and Arya will be left conflicted as to whether she kills her or not, while pregnant. Actually, Snow could become Queen's Hand to Arya.

Advertisement