Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prime time

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What an absolute #### that "reporter" Ben was on Primetime. His mask didn't just slip, it completely fell off, by the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They must have found the two most boring people in Ireland to be contributers on the vaping debate.

Ironically, the guy on the anti vape side sounded like an ex smoker.

Comical political Ireland at its best tonight. Mayo County Council wasting money. I've never heard that before.

And Eamonn Ryan is making hay before he's drop kicked out of power. He was a smug ###### talking nonsense. Miriam did a decent job of calling him out. Claimed 82% of people supported this, didn't explain how or who these people were that were surveyed. Brushed off that it was a tiny fraction of less than 1% of Dublin people who were consulted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭lmk123

Eamon Ryan is a disgrace. The “public consultation” he spoke of, the greens couldn’t care any less. I notice the people have less and less of a say in what really goes on, the powers that be hide behind “surveys” etc. commissioned by themselves and worded in a way that suits them. Little by little, ordinary people and some of their representatives are increasingly losing power, an example would be the following, there is no longer a need to get Part 8 planning if a scheme shows that it will improve bus connectivity / active travel etc. This means councillor's have lost their say on many schemes going forward. I actually think the majority of councillors don’t realise it yet because if they did they really should have kicked up about it.

"It's a town with a history of flooding."

About Midleton tonight on the show. And yet some are complaining about the level of help from the government. There are some places that people shouldn't be living or doing business. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be heartless. They kept building and building in such towns, where's the water supposed to go? They want the government to spend a fortune into flood relief schemes.

If you open a chocolate shop on the fringe of a volcano, you have nobody to blame but yourself when everything melts away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

If we have to rewild 20% of the country anyway, just build a few swamps upstream of the affected areas. Release some beavers and let them at it.

🙈🙉🙊

Advertisement