Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

If I were McInerney, I'd wear all of these criticisms like a badge of honour. Journalists shouldn't set out to be liked, they should push politicians far beyond some civil, fireside chat. It's part of our democracy.

Brendan criticises her for being too much like Vincent Browne, probably the most fearless (or feared, depending on your perspective) journalist that this country ever produced. Again, not a bad thing. Any journalist worth their salt should be capable of making a politician's blood run cold.

I refrained from commenting on this particular programme until I had a chance to have a quick look at it up to when the farming bit .

Firstly ... surprise... I thought the set was fine .. bright, modern, up to date.

Secondly I thought that Sarah was fine, not overly aggressive, or rude, and that Donnelly handled the interview well.

The Mark lad was good too, maybe the graphics a little confusing and gimmicky, but no real fault there either.

Miriam was probably there as a safer pair of hands for the first ‘episode’ didn’t seem to have much input.

Noticed that the ‘desk’ set up was very similar to Vinnies old set up...:cool:

One criticism of Sarah is she needs to let people answer questions from the public’s perspective. She may know the answer but the viewers may not and hence spawn a lot of misunderstanding.Let the interviewee explain the issue for the public.

In this pandemic it’s a moving target, yes politicians waffle, but in this particular situation it is extremely difficult to give accurate numbers with so many moving parts .

It’s like saying I’m having a bbq in two weeks time - will it rain.

You give an estimate but you can’t be held down on the actual weather on the day. That’s a lot of the problem in this pandemic handling.

“But you said”.........

That’s about as objective and fair as I think I can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Pussyhands wrote: »
    This is Sarah's presenting style and it's shocking.

I remember when Chris O'Donoghue was on newstalk and he was excellent. Always felt she was trying to copy him and follow his route of success. She's not capable though.

What's the deal with Fran McNulty being both a panelist and then turning to be a presenter???

She's way better than Claire Byrne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

I caught a couple of minutes last night, and saw her cut across Stephen Donnelly about not needing the back story as they were short on time. I thought it sounded rude at first, but then though well hang on so is waffling away when you’re asked a question.
    I think it’s high time politicians realised we’re fed up of the waffle, spoof and distraction tactics. We’re not fools, so they need to stop treating us like that. If they’re asked a direct question give a direct answer.
    I wish Sarah luck, any politician who won’t go on the show with her will be to their own detriment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Thought the new set was dreadful

Cluttered and the colour scheme is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I'm no fan of Sarah's but I like the way she cuts out the waffle with these ministers,
    All these ministers are media trained how to deflect questions and run down the clock and the ones that are not are never seen or heard of outside their electoral area, why do think we see the same 20/30 politician's out of 165 on everything.

The likes of Donnelly is the the king of waffle, he has memorised what he is going to say and that's it, unable to answer any question after that.

I wish there were more presenters like her, but sadly others don't want to rock the boat,

• Advertisement

All that's going to happen eventually is that the "minister is unavailable tonight" and a sacrificial lamb will be sent on by the government to be savaged by Sarah Doberman

In the north a lot of the politicians just won’t go on the Stephen Nolan show.

If politicians here feel they are just being brought on these shows to boost the bulldog reputation of a particular journalist then they should just boycott them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thought the new set was dreadful

Cluttered and the colour scheme is awful

Agreed. Way to go RTE they have gone and ruined the Late Late Show with flubridy, ruined the 6one with that other idiot and now they are ruining Prime Time as well. One would have to wonder what is next.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Azatadine

AMKC wrote: »
    ruined the 6one with that other idiot and now they are ruining Prime Time as well. One would have to wonder what is next.

Who is the idiot on 6 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The new studio and panel setup looks awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Another dogsh*it show tonight....miriam dialled it in again...she did absolutely f*uck all...just said hello, introduced the presenters, said goodbye....

Ryan Tubridy levels of arrogance and "overpaidness" from her at this stage...

They went to Louise Byrne standing outside the aviva.....her "sources" telling her digital vaccine certs are on the way!

Prime Time is pure trash now....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stephen Donnelly should become a monorail salesman, he's a complete waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

M

Feeding the world with cheap food while our citizens live in fuel poverty because of carbon taxes makes absolutely no sense whatsover.

M

Miriam wearing St Patrick's Day clobber tonight, is this an indication we are going to be house based for Paddy's Day in 2022?

M

Fella out on bail for beating a woman then goes on to kill another woman is the suspect, what a justice system we live under, absolute joke. Can RTE hold off on the Men V's Women cards and instead put the rage in to the justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭malinheader

Just after hearing that. When are we going to seriously punish criminals in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Absolutely Atlantic Dawn, the minister on about education and consent. Consent had nothing to do with this. This Romanian shouldn’t have had the opportunity, he should have been locked out not roaming the streets, disgraceful!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have been bewildered and enraged for many years with our disgustingly lenient justice system relating to treating clearly violent people.

M

Ffs, Dearbhla Mc Donald and Justina Madigan bringing male education in to it, the suspect was out on bail for attacking another woman, justice system is the problem, he should never have been roaming the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭B2021M

He also didn't go to school in Ireland so it won't make much difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭walshb

**** education…

lock violent scum up…end of

this will send a message to other potential scum that we won’t tolerate it. Might make them think about lashing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm looking forward to a ten thousand page report on changing the narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

You'll be a long time waiting for Madigan to call out the pathetic dysfunctional racket of our supposed "justice system". She's in it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭malinheader

Listening to prime time and the panelists still don't want to address the true problem here. So it continues until the next time. Talk is cheap.

That was grim. "Where are the men coming forward"?

Not invited on to the panel Dearbhla.

She was all talk until that point. Then had nothing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

He should have been deported on his first offence, why was he allowed stay in the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,857 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭dalyboy

They spent a quarter of an hour on “drive time” using this same deflection tactic of men vs women. Complete non-sequitur to what occurred to that poor teacher .

RTE got their orders from their government bosses to not implicate the shambles that are our emigration OR justice system policies.

Advertisement