Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2019 - Round 4 - Baku

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Vettel and Bottas could get caught out here

Edit.

Nope Williams binned it in the castle.

Do they have the means to get another car ready for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jaysus, two fooked Williams this weekend. I can't remember anybody having crashed there before in F1 or otherwise?

Edit: There has actually - https://jalopnik.com/fia-makes-overnight-changes-to-baku-after-crash-thats-a-1796392474

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

skipper_G wrote: »
    Williams in the wall at the castle. Red flag

I know it looks nice visually but it's way too narrow. Is that the narrowest part of any F1 track ? Three cars side by side my arse.

Hulk and Grosjean unlucky.

Ricciardo VERY lucky.

8 Q1 eliminations in a row for Lance.

That looks like a heavy shunt just looking at the barrier.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Hulk and Grosjean unlucky.

Ricciardo VERY lucky.

8 Q1 eliminations in a row for Lance.

Your dad buying an F1 team hasn't worked it seems.

Jaysus that's some damage on the Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

He did some proper damage to that car, busy night for the mechanics at Williams again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Is that the first signs of Kubica struggling at a street track

Ah Damon Martin isn't here this weekend or at least I haven't heard him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Is that the first signs of Kubica struggling at a street track

It’s hard to say, it’s the worst car on the grid, even compared to the other Williams. It looked like a miscalculation on his part, rather than an inability to control the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah Damon Martin isn't here this weekend or at least I haven't heard him anyway.

Nope, he's racing at the Nurburgring

Inviere wrote: »
    It’s hard to say, it’s the worst car on the grid, even compared to the other Williams. It looked like a miscalculation on his part, rather than an inability to control the car.

Yeah that what it seems. He tried to get it close to the wall on the left and just went too close to it and that was all she wrote.

Killinator wrote: »
    Nope, he's racing at the Nurburgring

Well someone tell Damon hill then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Another mistake in qualifying from Kubica in qualifying following on from Australia. It's been a very tough comeback for him. Williams in general can't buy any luck. Maybe they should consider selling a minority shareholding or try a stronger collaboration with Mercedes. Its either that or they drop off the grid altogether. We have seen it before with Sauber and Force India that its not easy being a small constructor. To compete at all you need to be major car manufacturer with a budget to back it up.

What relevance has this to anything Ted ?

recyclebin wrote: »
    To compete at all you need to be major car manufacturer with a budget to back it up.

Red Bull might argue that. Ok they haven’t been fighting for the championship, but they’re definitely competitive. They walked all over their works team engine provider when with Renault, and they’re still competitive with Honda. I don’t think you necessarily need to be a manufacturer, you do need tons of cash with the right people though.

Was it here in Baku that lance stroll finished just off the podium ? I've a memory of bottas pipping him at the very end.

Was it here in Baku that lance stroll finished just off the podium ? I've a memory of bottas pipping him at the very end.

He finished on the podium here in 2017, Bottas pipped him at the line for 2nd

Ferrari trying on Mediums. Thats too ambitious after how the track was evolving in Q1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Stroll finished third there in 2017. Bottas finished second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Ah ****e. Poor Charles. Again was looking like his weekend.

Ah ****e. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Great race shaping up for tomorrow. But looks like Ferraris don't like to use their advantage

Fooook Charles :( It exonerates Kubica somewhat, exact same corner, different cause though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ugh....Leclerc.

**** it anyway

If Leclerc threw a fiver up in the air it would come down with a summons the lack of luck he seems to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

With dropping track temperatures, might have ****ed Vettel as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

On the one hand I feel bad for Charles but on the other..... turn one is gonna be chaos

Advertisement