Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 4 - Baku

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gasly has been disqualified from qualifying for exceeding fuel flow.

He now starts from pit lane + 5 place grid penalty for a new gearbox AND disqualified from qualifying.

Hes having a great time of it these two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    Perez P5, now all I need is Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen to crash into each other at turn 1 tomorrow and let the champagne flow.

Ferrari were better in practice because Mercedes keep their best for when it matters, Q3! Bottas and Hamilton both upped their performance.

Well that was an exciting qualifying session. Will the race be as exciting tomorrow? Lets hope so. I think Bottas deserves to win this race as it should have been his race last year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Honestly can’t wait for the race today Baku is always a cracker and with the makeup of the grid today looks like it’ll be no different. If Leclerc keeps it out of the wall on lap one I really fancy him as a dark horse.... he’s only 9th and he’s running the mediums first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

AMKC wrote: »
    Well that was an exciting qualifying session. Will the race be as exciting tomorrow? Lets hope so. I think Bottas deserves to win this race as it should have been his race last year.

There is always going to be a chance someone smacks that wall again, that is not the exciting bit - but who and when and how it affects others race strategies might be exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭corminators

You'd wonder if Williams can afford to fix the damage they've got to the cars this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

You'd wonder if Williams can afford to fix the damage they've got to the cars this weekend.

They'll get the money back for the damage to Russell's car, as Claire Williams pointed out, there is precedence for that, Grosjean in Sepang in 2017 had a similar issue, Haas were reimbursed for the damage.

Kubica now starting from the Pit Lane as well, who will be the first car between him and Gasly as the Red Bull was DSQ'd?

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/28/kubica-will-also-start-race-from-pit-lane/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

There is always going to be a chance someone smacks that wall again, that is not the exciting bit - but who and when and how it affects others race strategies might be exciting.

And if there's another car following closely behind that car how quickly can they react ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

F2 race is really wetting my apatite for later, absolute chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

F2 race is really wetting my apatite for later, absolute chaos.

Was a good one indeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Kubica now starting from the Pit Lane as well, who will be the first car between him and Gasly as the Red Bull was DSQ'd?

https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/28/kubica-will-also-start-race-from-pit-lane/

Surely Kubica should be pout first than and then Gasly. The 5 place grid penalty on him is kind of silly do if he is starting from the pit lane. Maybe they should have changed it to plus 5 seconds seen as he is starting from the pit lane.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Surely Kubica should be pout first than and then Gasly. The 5 place grid penalty on him is kind of silly do if he is starting from the pit lane. Maybe they should have changed it to plus 5 seconds seen as he is starting from the pit lane.

Remember when similar happened during McLaren Honda part 2? In scenarios like that they had an in race time penalty?

Yeah Kubica should surely be ahead of Gasly. Kubica set a qualy time while Gasly hasnt.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yeah Kubica should surely be ahead of Gasly. Kubica set a qualy time while Gasly hasnt.

Gasly was fastest in Q1 prior to his disqualification, not that that now matters. But yes Kubica should be prioritised.

Remember when similar happened during McLaren Honda part 2? In scenarios like that they had an in race time penalty?

They just got a 115 grid penalty I thought? Dont remember time penalty. They changed the rules after that mammoth grid drop so not 100% sure now.

Oh wow now Kimi's front wing has failed scrutineering, an Alfa rep has been summomed to meet the FIA. He could be DSQ'd from Qualifying if the Alfa rep cant explain it.

Then it would be:

PIT LANE
    Kubica (set time)
    Kimi (DSQ)
    Gasly (DSQ + 5 place)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Gasly will be past Kubica on lap 1 anyway so it's much of a muchness!

Just confirmed. Kimi joins the pit lane starters.

As it stands:
    Grid
    1 Valtteri Bottas
    2 Lewis Hamilton
    3 Sebastian Vettel
    4 Max Verstappen
    5 Sergio Perez
    6 Daniil Kvyat
    7 Lando Norris
    8 Charles Leclerc
    9 Carlos Sainz
    10 Daniel Ricciardo
    11 Alexander Albon
    12 Kevin Magnussen
    13 Lance Stroll
    14 Romain Grosjean
    15 Nico Hulkenberg
    16 George Russell
    17 Antonio Giovinazzi *
    PL: Robert Kubica**
    PL: Kimi Räikkönen***
    PL: Pierre Gasly ****

* 10 Place grid drop for new CE.
    ** Start from PL due to breaching Parc Ferme rules.
    *** DSQ + starts from pit lane due to illegal front wing.
    **** DSQ + 5 place drop + starts from pit lane due to failing to stop at weigh bridge, illegal fuel flow and new gearbox.

Oooh Ferrari using Mediums in Q2 may be a genius idea. Leclerc has been permitted to start on a new set of mediums for the race as the set he crashed on were too damaged to use for the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

It’s what was known as a Murrayism, I think David ‘it’s lights out and away we go’ Croft is hoping for a similar title of ‘Croftyism’ over my dead body will I ever think of Croft as being a good commentator, Walker was on another planet next to that clown.

He was on Beyond the Grid podcast recently, was great to hear him talk about his career and he even went into commentary mode at the end for old times sake

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Raikonnen starting from the pit also due to a technical wing violation. It moves Leclerc up to P8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Hope this is a crazy race. Merc pace looked pretty ominous yesterday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,452 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hope this is a crazy race. Merc pace looked pretty ominous yesterday though.

In Q3 it did but before that it wasn’t ominous IMO.

Bernie looks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    In Q3 it did but before that it wasn’t ominous IMO.

The key question is why. IMO Mercedes are sandbagging in practice and the early parts of qualy. The car doesn't just magically go faster every time in Q3.

The key question is why. IMO Mercedes are sandbagging in practice and the early parts of qualy. The car doesn't just magically go faster every time in Q3.

Well toto just said on sky that the qualifying came to them as it went on.

Second longest calendar ? Good man crofty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well toto just said on sky that the qualifying came to them as it went on.

I don't believe a word he says. He's culprit number one, he's been talking Ferrari up at every race. He speaks like Mercedes are the underdogs and not the World Champions for the last 5 years, he's lying his ass off

• Advertisement

I don't believe a word he says. He's culprit number one, he's been talking Ferrari up at every race. He speaks like Mercedes are the underdogs and not the World Champions for the last 5 years, he's lying his ass off

How do you really feel skipper ?

Advertisement