Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,970 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kinda get the feeling they're building towards some reconnection of Sheamus and Drew at some point too. Like Ridge and Butch turning on Sheamus at some stage down the road and Drew coming in for the save or something.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I think given the heel dynamics Sheamo/Gunther is off the table for Clash at the Castle however I wouldn't mind his brawling brutes turning on him to set up something. They 100% have to be involved in something anyways. Pete Dunne/Butch VS Sheamo would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,321 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ronda 'suspended' til after CATC I imagine

Roman and Drew contract signing tonight also, that will go well

Will Bayley and her posse show up on SD also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Remembering back to the Riott Squad appearing on Raw then Absolution on Smackdown, or vice versa. Was wondering if the same would happen here with another group debuting on Smackdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Or bring back Sasha.

Is Lacey injured?

Sasha and Naomi as a heel team playing into being fed up with their treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

Could see a scenario where Liv or her gauntlet winner, or both are facing off in the ring when Bayley's stable attacks and Sasha/Naomi or both come back to even the odds. Could also be an easy way of reintroducing the women's tag belts if they wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That's your new top challenger? Bring back Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Scarlett's back!

Kross too.

wasnt expecting them back this fast

Suppose we'll have too wait and see

Christ, Kross would have been at the bottom of my list of people to bring back. NXT could be very boring at times but his reign was particularly bad. Even the good workers there couldn't get a good match out of him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭ThePott

I don't love Kross, he certainly was a lot more style than substance. Although I enjoyed his presentation with Scarlett. That being said he was done dirty on the main roster so I'm happy for him to get another shot and see where it goes. It is a shame Roman didn't react at all to this though, doesn't really sell it. Also think Kross with hair is a much better look. Hope this doesn't derail the CATC main event though as that has potential without Kross.

Triple H is pretty much doing a speed run to make the Main Roster Black and Gold, guessing Gargano is back Monday.

Strong enough Smackdown on the whole, strong showing from the women's division, that being said Liv's promo was a big yikes. Don't think they wanted her to get heel reactions but what she said made it inevitable.

I’d guess Kross is being put into that feud as the one to take the loss at CatC. Also seems to be some chatter of them splitting the Undisputed title as well back into two.

I don’t much care about Kross, but the difference in presentation between this and his initial call up is insane. This makes him look like such a big deal, and casual fans buy into people presented as a big deal. I also think this week really shows the differences Hunter is putting in too. Kross, the women’s tag titles being back. It’s exciting again.

Hey hey hey

Stop with the positivity, we don't do that here when wwe is involved (only joking)

This match was actively bad because of Kross, his match against Keith Lee was terrible and he has failed in every top line spot he's been given, at least when people laughed at the gimp mask they were reacting to him.

If you think WWE is exciting because Kross is back or the women's tag titles that have never been shown any respect then fair play to you, but **** painted orange is still ****.

You're supposed to lick the boot, not swallow the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Killer Kross 😂 He's as dull as dishwater!

• Advertisement

It’s less that it’s exciting specifically because of Kross himself.

it’s exciting cause there’s an element of changes being made, people returning and making redebuts, and a seeming desire to make new main eventers. I don’t particularly care about Kross, but Ciampa has had a rocket strapped on him over on Raw too.

Its a change in booking philosophy, and it’s something I’ve wanted to see in WWE for a decade. It’s part of the reason I stopped watching, and seeing Hunter obviously trying to stamp his mark quickly on the product is great. Cause, personally, I really enjoyed NXT when he was booking and want to see him carry those ideas onto the main roster.

When we getting Pat Mcafee vs Cory Graves ?

Thought they were planting seeds for it at summerslam

I have some enthusiasm for WWE for the first time in a long time with Vince gone but that won't change the fact that Kross is absolute shite. I've watched him in Impact and NXT. Only positive I'll give him is that he looks much better with the hair and doesn't look like a default CAW character from a WWE game anymore.

Kross looked much better in this main roster debut than previously but I do not think he should be added to the main event at the Clash Castle maybe a no. 1 contender match with Sheamus

Was the crowd pro Ronda or just anti Liv

Sasha and Naomi surprise entrants for the tag tournaments?

A Ricochet win. Are they going back to Unhappy Corbin?

Top Dolla is expected to be on SmackDown this week according to PWInsider

Bringing back Hit row with their only good member unavailable. The HHH re-signings have been bizarre so far (except for Dakota and IYO).

Who else do we think he'll re-sign? I think someone who actually deserves another chance is Big Cass. He looked decent in Impact. Does he bring back Enzo as well though?

It seems like he's trying to change the structure of the TV match, and is bringing in guys who know his way of doing it, so if I'm Tegan nox, Oney Lorcan or breezango, I'm making sure my phone's charged and I'm on the gas.

I liked Hit Row as a vehicle for Swerve, but I guess the tag division gets a bump by them being back without him.

Personally have no issues with Hunter bringing back his own guys. He’s just been handed the book of the biggest pro wrestling shows in the world, so of course he’s using the guys he knows he’s had some success with. He got plaudits for his booking on NXT so probably feels these lads know what he wants and how he wants it.

Put it this way. Bringing people in like this massively freshens up the shows, which they badly needed. Not everyone coming in will be main event level players, but he’s already fresher up the women’s division on Raw, and seems to be trying to do the same with the main and tag scenes on Smackdown. Much rather this than retreads of the same stories we’ve seen a dozen times before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tbf Hit Row got a big reaction from the crowd. That Nakamura Gunther match was really good, hard hitting and no outside interference with a clean finish. Mid card titles getting a huge bump in importance is something I'm all in favour of too.

Ronda finally being booked like a killer instead of pandering to the crowd is good too and they've sowed the seeds of Baszler/Ronda down the line. All in all a decent episode.

Advertisement