Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2 episodes been taped tonight due to the CATC next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sami facing Drew tonight and second chance in the ladies tag team tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Think it was a lesser Smackdown than previous weeks but there was still some good stuff and it kept the momentum going.

Gunther and Sheamus staredown while Butch and Ludwig just brawled around them was awesome. They've done a great job of making Gunther feel like a massive deal and a monster. This match if given the time could be amazing.

Feels like we're getting a lot more tag feuds brewing. New Day and Viking Raiders. MMM and Hit Row with Street Profits thrown in. Good to see they haven't lost focus while the Usos are more involved with the main title feud. Speaking of tag the women's tag showing was a little weak but I guess with injuries and having to do a second chance match they had their hands tied.

The main event, that beatdown was one of the most brutal in recent memory. They absolutely murdered him. Nice to see Sami get involved properly although guessing post Cardiff that they'll realise they need a fourth man but Sami isn't blood making way for Solo Sikhoa. The visual of Roman having Drew pinned with a chair with two titles and the Bloodline behind him was class. I really hope this match doesn't get too derailed with shenanigans or Uso interference cause it has great potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Sami's Babyface turn after the bloodline abuse him one too many times is going to be a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Honestly they've played an absolute blinder with Sami and the Bloodline the last while and it's really coming into it's own at the moment. Can imagine him getting beat down by the Bloodline and KO coming out for the save.

The guy is an understated MVP and glad he's getting something decent to run with.

• Advertisement

I wonder will it be Kross or Sami costing Roman or Drew at CATC

Have The Usos any title match?

Sami is great

Think the Usos can't travel due to the DUI charges

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Advertisement

The Sheamus Gunther staredown while Butch and Ludwig dog fought around the ring was great

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, maybe they didn't know what it was at first but they showed that NWA title replica longer than the probably should have. Let the rumour mill start. 😁

So was Roman even in the building? Is there a reason he's taking so much time off?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,813 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really enjoying the extra personality that's been added since HHH took over. The Pierce Ronda promo stuff was great - also, looks like Ronda's been working hard, looks in amazing shape!

PWInsider: Braun Strowman will be a regular with the SmackDown brand going forward.

And will be presented as a babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Heading to this tonight and got a suite and everything last minute with some friends! I'm right next to the arena so might see a few of them around during the day maybe. Looking forward to it now, have never been to a Smackdown.

Drew vs. Solo tonight

Were you just assuming that or was it advertised? Because they acted like it was just set up at the start.

So they talk about how Sheamus/Gunther was MotY contender and when both guys enter the match for the first time they say things are going to get wild, before cutting to an ad break. Where was the sense in that? Also the announcer must've gotten the wrong instructions as she thought it was a standard tag match and Sheamus was accompanying Ridge and Butch.

I hope with HHH now involved that he'll do something with the women. Like was there any doubt who would win that 5 women match? Ronda was obvious anyway but of the other 4, Xia is just there to make up numbers, Natalya is Natalya, Lacey is in character limbo, Sonya hasn't been a threat in a long time. Same with Raquel and Aliyah. They're tag champs and that's all we know. Oh and Aliyah likes to slap Raquel's ass.

Just watching Alpha Academy and Gable calling Otis his prize pupil made me think who else could fit in that group if they decided to expand. Looking at the roster, I'm not sure, but would like to see them interact with Chase U.

Speaking of the roster, I was looking at it on wiki and seems some of NXT UK are now free agents and not released, like Isla Dawn. I know Aoife Valkyrie and Ilja Dragunov are injured but think Ilja's job is safe and Aoife must be due back soon so will see with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Show was great fun and the crowd were loud all night. It wasn't exactly packed though. Opening 6 man tag was a great match with some stiff looking landings at points. Imperium have a great entrance. First time seeing anything of MMM and they were entertaining.

I would say AEW shows are more entertaining from a wrestling perspective, but the spectacle and entertainment of WWE is amazing. The production side of it is so slick and the new entrance is mind blowing in person. Serious gear to be hauling around week to week.

Also I went down a wrong stairwell before the show thinking I was going to the main concourse and I opened the door and see two signs pointing in either direction that said Male Talent and Female Talent! Noped out of there and didn't see anyone but no security around at all which was odd.

Also they released a Seattle Kraken/Smackdown crossover shirt for the event, was sold out in minutes but managed to get some. Will fire up a pic when I get a chance.

Logan Paul is on SD this week, Reigns was on his podcast

• Advertisement

My god imagine if he's the one to dethrone Roman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paul vs Reigns sounds like a Saudi level match and there’s an event coming up shortly. Zero chance he wins, but could see them putting on a decent match tbh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Shotzi now face and Wiseman Paul returns

Sami is very over and dissension in the Bloodline

Correct guys on predicting Logan vs. Roman, a press conference today

Thinking Roman turning up for a press conference after skipping Smackdown is like me deciding not to show up for work during the week but going in on the weekend to give a presentation.

Was thinking it was a bit random that Moss came out with the chair but made more sense when he had the match later. Or was that only scheduled after he came out?

So was Aliyah injured before Monday and that's why they dropped the titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Logan Paul is actually one of the most detestable human beings in the world so him taking a boat load of money from the WWE and the Saudi's seems like a perfect partnership.

Aliyah back to NXT?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,813 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Shotzi and Rodriguez is a more serious looking tag team anyway.

The Bloodline stuff is interesting now... we were all waiting for the turn against Sami, but actually right now it looks more like it might be Jey that gets pushed out. Sami and Jimmy always having the craic together, and now with Solo on Sami's side too, Jey's left out in the cold a bit. Could see him going over their heads to Roman, with Roman commenting on Sami's usefulness, which maybe builds a platform for Jey to step away from them and ultimately take the belt off Roman.

• Advertisement

I hope face Shotzi gets her tank back

I agree @~Rebel~ about Raquel and Shotzi being a better team

Bray back in WWE on SD the 23rd?

Advertisement