Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Network Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Was it where somebody passing by on the street recognised her and shouted out to her? I thought that might have been Rathmines at the time of watching but I could be wrong.
    Yeah someone did. I had no clue where in Dublin it was she was walking.

oneilla wrote: »
    Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Rathmines, you can see the old townhouse clocktower in the background (where Rathmines College is now).
    Rathmines ? Isn’t she from Baldoyle in Dublin ? Is baldoyle north or south Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The bit at the start where Becky says "We're in Dublin, my old stomping ground" was shot in Rathmines.

dDa6Igu.jpg

8UQN4sS.jpg

https://maps.app.goo.gl/h67BUeTdm2mC3stC8

Eta: there's a DIT campus there that teaches drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

back in ireland after a few years and just wondering how do ye watch the network? i cant find an app in the microsoft store so do you just watch through the wwe website? in canada you could only watch through tv provider and the content was ****e. i read somewhere you cant watch it on apple tv anymore either, is that the case? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TimesArrow wrote: »
    back in ireland after a few years and just wondering how do ye watch the network? i cant find an app in the microsoft store so do you just watch through the wwe website? in canada you could only watch through tv provider and the content was ****e. i read somewhere you cant watch it on apple tv anymore either, is that the case? cheers

i watch it on my ps4 havent had problems with it for long time never worked on my LG smart tv though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

sky88 wrote: »
    i watch it on my ps4 havent had problems with it for long time never worked on my LG smart tv though

thanks.

just following on from my last post, at the moment i am unable to access/sign up to the network. hoping someone can help with this. i enter my details and every time i get "We're sorry. There was an error processing your request. We encountered a problem processing your order." i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. plenty of money on the card so that isnt the issue. trying to do it on google chrome on my laptop. any advice is welcome as its doing my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

TimesArrow wrote: »
    thanks.

just following on from my last post, at the moment i am unable to access/sign up to the network. hoping someone can help with this. i enter my details and every time i get "We're sorry. There was an error processing your request. We encountered a problem processing your order." i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. plenty of money on the card so that isnt the issue. trying to do it on google chrome on my laptop. any advice is welcome as its doing my head in.

Use firefox it does not seem to like Chrome. Also you may need to sign up under a different email as it may have tied you account to Canada and you are not going through the tv provider here for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,905 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alexa comes off fantastically well on her 365.

Alexa comes off fantastically well on her 365.

I agree she comes across as very likeable and genuine.

edit: Also, don't let ronda give you a side headlock takedown.

Right so, got stung for the full month so want to make use of it. :P Watched the rise and fall of WCW last night. Is there much else in the way of documentaries on it people would recommend? Not really bothered about the current stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Right so, got stung for the full month so want to make use of it. :P Watched the rise and fall of WCW last night. Is there much else in the way of documentaries on it people would recommend? Not really bothered about the current stuff.

Shawn vs Bret Rivalry. Rise and fall of ECW. Attitude Era. Also the entire Monday Night Wars series

Got an email from WWe there saying that an Update to the Network is imminent.

Much improved UI, better search tools, overall better features etc. Looks great

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Price increase ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Price increase ?

No mention of any change in cost

Price increase ?

No mention of any change in cost
    Okay. Gerry I looked and I've seen your post about an email. I've seen one tweet to a link that doesn't exactly explain what will be new, and another thread on another wrestling forum about it rolling out by weeks end. My point is the people who got the info aren't plentiful.

But it's great news about something aproaching a search feature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Okay. Gerry I looked and I've seen your post about an email. I've seen one tweet to a link that doesn't exactly explain what will be new, and another thread on another wrestling forum about it rolling out by weeks end. My point is the people who got the info aren't plentiful.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

There’s the info. It’s just that easy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agreed it looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Got the same email. If I recall correctly myself and Gerry are still “US resident” for network purposes so obviously more important than everyone else.

Got the same email. If I recall correctly myself and Gerry are still “US resident” for network purposes so obviously more important than everyone else.

I’m no longer a US resident and I got the mail this evening too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m no longer a US resident and I got the mail this evening too.

Well aren’t you just billy bubble burster tonight?

;)

• Advertisement

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

Video of the new features here.

I'm subscribed to the US service. Wonder is that why there's a descrepency in emails?

Just seeing the other posts now!

I'm still a "US resident" and I didn't. I finally got the watch the video and it does look much cleaner and up to date. The UI now is over five years old and is starting to look a bit dated. I'm just hoping that when you can actually pick up where you leave off when you actually want to and not when the bloody app decides it wants you to be able to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With them since day 1 American and Irish versions and got no email bastards

With them since day 1 American and Irish versions and got no email bastards

Have you 2 subs or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,925 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have you 2 subs or what?

No 1 sub used an American address at first through a VPN and then the bastards sussed me out and I switched to the Irish version then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

No 1 sub used an American address at first through a VPN and then the bastards sussed me out and I switched to the Irish version then

Apologies if this is a stupid question but is there more/better/different content on the American version?

Simo08 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but is there more/better/different content on the American version?

Nope content is the same on both. US is cheaper tho.

I never have had to use a vpn? I'm still on the American Service since day 1

I've had the American price since day 1 (for $9.99)

Downloaded the update on Xbox, signed in and now it says my next billing date will be the 26th of July but for €12.99. Tried to go onto the website to cancel and because "We are currently updating WWE network and are unable to change your profile information at this time" I can't cancel :P

I'm not complaining, got a few years at $9.99 but just to make others aware. Sly dogs haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Downloaded the update on Xbox, signed in and now it says my next billing date will be the 26th of July but for €12.99. Tried to go onto the website to cancel and because "We are currently updating WWE network and are unable to change your profile information at this time" I can't cancel :P

I'm not complaining, got a few years at $9.99 but just to make others aware. Sly dogs haha

I think that could be them starting to roll out the tiered pricing!

Where would it say that ? I'm still billed through paypal from day one. Did you do it through the Xbox first day ?

Where would it say that ? I'm still billed through paypal from day one. Did you do it through the Xbox first day ?

I did the update on the Xbox today and when I signed in (you have to sign in after the update) it brought me to my account page and it said
    Next Billing Date: July 26th, 2019
    Next Billing Price: €12.99

You can't change anything on your account through Xbox.

I pay through PayPal. When I sign in on my laptop it still says $9.99 in my account there but I don't think it's been updated since I signed in on Xbox because there's a message saying you can't change anything on your account because the network is currently being updated.

I didn’t sign up for the network on day 1 because of concerns over price I did it because I wanted the network on day 1. I mean Netflix is 10.99 for me and I’m fine with it, but if there is a tiered system on the way my issue is we in Ireland will probably pay higher prices for the same level as someone else in Europe. I mean are we the only country in Europe who’s currency is euro that pays 12.99 ?

Looks like with the new update they've gotten rid of the feature where you could skip to the end of a match :( This was so handy when going through old Raws/Nitros.

You can skip to the next match but can't skip to the finish anymore.

Looks like with the new update they've gotten rid of the feature where you could skip to the end of a match :( This was so handy when going through old Raws/Nitros.

Can't you ? Ah feck it. I will say that the search funtion works perfectly though. I do my standard search which is ric flair vs randy savage. The old network search was a mess, but the new one gave me a selection of PPVs and then gave me 31 matches from the network that contained the two against each other. Huge improvement.

• Advertisement

I did the update on the Xbox today and when I signed in (you have to sign in after the update) it brought me to my account page and it said
    Next Billing Date: July 26th, 2019
    Next Billing Price: €12.99

You can't change anything on your account through Xbox.

I pay through PayPal. When I sign in on my laptop it still says $9.99 in my account there but I don't think it's been updated since I signed in on Xbox because there's a message saying you can't change anything on your account because the network is currently being updated.
    Just one final question. Was the 26th of the month the date you were always billed on ?

Just one final question. Was the 26th of the month the date you were always billed on ?

Sorry I messed up the date there in my post. The 26th was always the day I was billed but now it's saying my next billing date is the 28th. For the last 5 years I've always been billed on the 26th.

New billing date and price is very strange.

Just checked my billing info on the desktop version(I've never felt the need to check it before). I says my next billing date in August 3rd(which is the way it's always been) and the price is $9.99 plus charges(which never happen) so I suppose I'll have to wait until August 3rd to see what the price is.

Edit: Chromecast seems gone on the new version.

Just checked my billing info on the desktop version(I've never felt the need to check it before). I says my next billing date in August 3rd(which is the way it's always been) and the price is $9.99 plus charges(which never happen) so I suppose I'll have to wait until August 3rd to see what the price is.

On desktop it still says 9.99 for me and my old billing date. Just on the Xbox it says the 28th and 12.99 for some reason :P

I should know tomorrow hopefully if I'm billed on my usual date in the month.

On desktop it still says 9.99 for me and my old billing date. Just on the Xbox it says the 28th and 12.99 for some reason :P

I should know tomorrow hopefully if I'm billed on my usual date in the month.

Oh sorry when you said the date had changed and the price went up, I assumed you meant on the desktop billing info. Cactus that's very strange. yeah report back to what actually happens. You never know that might be a glitch.

• Advertisement

Is that from using the new update or speculation from the video/screens going around?

Is that from using the new update or speculation from the video/screens going around?

Using the network after doing the update on Xbox mate.

Used to be say "Rock Vs shamrock" and the next option would be "Finish of Rock Vs Shamrock" but now it's just the option to go to the next match on the show.

Using the network after doing the update on Xbox mate.

Used to be say "Rock Vs shamrock" and the next option would be "Finish of Rock Vs Shamrock" but now it's the option to go to the next match on the show.

Ah that’s sh’te I’m working through old nitros and raws too. I loved that feature.

Ah that’s sh’te I’m working through old nitros and raws too. I loved that feature.

Yeah it was nice to just skip to the finish of a DOA or Godwinn's match while going through 97 Raw :D

Yeah it was nice to just skip to the finish of a DOA or Godwinn's match while going through 97 Raw :D

Literally you’re reading my thoughts here :pac:

Just a couple of things I've noticed from just using the app on my newer phone(iphone 7) and old Ipad and the old ipad looks more polished. The app on my phone doesn't have chromecast anymore and the newest episodes of raw don't fill the screen. The app itself doesn't fill the screen actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭fman

Just to add to this. App updated on my android phone last night.
    Cast button is there but doesn't work. And by that I mean, hitting the button, the network logo appears on the Chromecast but when you actually send anything, an error appears.

Also to add insult to injury it now appears to be impossible to unsubscribe.

fman wrote: »
    Just to add to this. App updated on my android phone last night.
    Cast button is there but doesn't work. And by that I mean, hitting the button, the network logo appears on the Chromecast but when you actually send anything, an error appears.

Also to add insult to injury it now appears to be impossible to unsubscribe.

Unsubscribe from what ?

I think it would be fair of us to wait until 11pm tonight irish time to see how the app is. I say that because that is the time the migration from the old apps and desktop version of the network will be complete. I got a few error messages last night on my phone which I'm hoping is just a part of the change over.

Well the days of getting it for 9.99 are over for us in Ireland it seems. Next billing date for me is August 5th at 12.99. Well those of us who signed up and got it at the reduced rate got five good years out of it. The thing I’m worried about is when they bring in tiered network prices that us in Ireland will get shafted price wise on that. I mean I wish more things I payout were only 12.99 a month but still it was a nice deal.

Well the days of getting it for 9.99 are over for us in Ireland it seems. Next billing date for me is August 5th at 12.99. Well those of us who signed up and got it at the reduced rate got five good years out of it. The thing I’m worried about is when they bring in tiered network prices that us in Ireland will get shafted price wise on that. I mean I wish more things I payout were only 12.99 a month but still it was a nice deal.

I was charged the 9.99 today (my usual billing date and price) but the billing date has changed on the Xbox from July 28th to August 28th for 12.99 :P It's saying the same on desktop now as well so I think this was my last month at 9.99 and it'll be 12.99 from August 28th

• Advertisement
Advertisement