Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Woods Greenhills/Tallaght New Development

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The younger brother is looking but has dismissed this estate out of hand due to the neighbours. They're looking over the far side of the park in Greenhills but the prices are mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

theteal wrote: »
    The younger brother is looking but has dismissed this estate out of hand due to the neighbours. They're looking over the far side of the park in Greenhills but the prices are mental.

Heard a few people mention 'the neighbours' - you mean travellers? If so, where are they? Didn't notice the site when we were there.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Extremely overpriced. We paid 253,000 for a 3 Bed terrace in a private cul de sac in Old Bawn with price agreed in November. Spent about 3,500 to paint and furnish it and it is looking ten times better than when we bought it. Those prices just reflect the modern styling and interior but not worth it. 3 Bed around the corner in Castletymon up for 285,000 and is really beautifully decorated. I think the fascination with a 'new build' gets people paying such over inflated prices. Extortionate prices around Ballycullen new builds too, despite serious lack of infrastructure/links to m50 etc. Couldn't pay me to live up there.

There's a few things you're not taking into account here. First of all, the price on Daft.ie is almost never the price the property actually sells at. It will be 10% more if you are lucky. Therefore this house will go for nearer 320k. Second is you cannot compare '3 bed to 3 bed' directly. This is a dumb mistake that many people make. The house you mentioned is 85sqm. These are 111sqm. That is more than 25% extra house for your money. Third - BER rating. Believe me when I say you will literally be saving thousands a year in the energy bills between these two properties. Overpriced - maybe slightly, but not as much as you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Msheeb

We heard the travellers are decent people and they are settled there for many years.

_brendand_ wrote: »
    Heard a few people mention 'the neighbours' - you mean travellers? If so, where are they? Didn't notice the site when we were there.

Thanks,

The entrance is is just beside the bookies (possibly long gone but there was a bookies there the last time I passed by), to the left of the estate as you face it from Greenhills Road.
    Msheeb wrote: »
    We heard the travellers are decent people and they are settled there for many years.

You think that would stop some people being put off? Just the mention would be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It hasn't put us off. We did a good bit of asking around and all of the information we got back said that there's never been any issues or any trouble.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It hasn't put us off. We did a good bit of asking around and all of the information we got back said that there's never been any issues or any trouble.

Nope, it looks like it'll be a nice insulated little estate, it wouldn't bother me

The entrance is is just beside the bookies (possibly long gone but there was a bookies there the last time I passed by), to the left of the estate as you face it from Greenhills Road.

You think that would stop some people being put off? Just the mention would be enough.

That did not put me off anyway..

Does anyone signed the contract yet?

Does anyone signed the contract yet?

They haven't been issued yet. They're waiting for a couple of things like "folio numbers", whatever they are, and maps in order to issue contracts.

They're hoping to issue them next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Mubz

Hi guys! I have made booking for a house at this property and have made closed facebook group for residents to know each other and share relevant info.

Just search "Temple woods" on facebook as boards.ie prevents me to share the UrL. Thanks

Hi anyone got the contracts yet? Any idea how long does it take?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Catlady76

MSVforever wrote: »
    Morning. Any thoughts on the new development below? It's located on the site where Tallaght theatre is based.

https://m.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/temple-woods-greenhills-road-greenhills-dublin-24/4182364

I live very local to that so here it is, they look like beautiful houses, price range 355k to 390k, people are right its next door to a halting site which is an okay one to be honest not much trouble from there they are fairly settled, you do see their dogs flying about the place but you never hear of hassle. Its in D24 even if the builders want to say D12 its not its Tallaght, you are right at the front of a very busy road, plus the pub is being renovated to become a gastro pub / restaurant I believe and coming from someone who lived for 5 years beside a pub & restaurant and never got a wink of sleep from the noise of people I would advise against it. For the price of those houses I think you have better options around the D24 / D12 area. Its literally just houses on the side of a main road its not an estate. Sorry to sound negative on it but I would steer clear of it or else go up and speak to the builder and people around see what they think but do find out what is happening for sure with the old pub. Best of luck

Catlady76 wrote: »
    I live very local to that so here it is, they look like beautiful houses, price range 355k to 390k, people are right its next door to a halting site which is an okay one to be honest not much trouble from there they are fairly settled, you do see their dogs flying about the place but you never hear of hassle. Its in D24 even if the builders want to say D12 its not its Tallaght, you are right at the front of a very busy road, plus the pub is being renovated to become a gastro pub / restaurant I believe and coming from someone who lived for 5 years beside a pub & restaurant and never got a wink of sleep from the noise of people I would advise against it. For the price of those houses I think you have better options around the D24 / D12 area. Its literally just houses on the side of a main road its not an estate. Sorry to sound negative on it but I would steer clear of it or else go up and speak to the builder and people around see what they think but do find out what is happening for sure with the old pub. Best of luck

Hi Catlady,

The houses ARE actually Dublin 24. They don't mention "Tallaght" in any of the documents though, which i'm sure they're doing on purpose ;)

With regard to being right beside a pub, I see where you're coming from but it's not as if we'll be on top of the pub! I live within a stones throw of a pub at the moment and there are never any issues. Unless the place is giong to be a nightclub, pumping music until 4am on a Tuesday night, i'm not sure it'll be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Not entirely sure to be hones. Seems to be in a strange spot. But the address is:

"Temple Woods, Greenhills Road, Dublin 24"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

....... wrote: »
    Wheres the boundary there? The M50 ? Because the MAXOL garage over the bridge is D12.

The Cuckoo's Nest was always the historical Tallaght boundary, but nowadays it's the M50.

....... wrote: »
    Interesting, the pigeon racing club is called as Tallaght Racing Pigeon Club but its actually over the bridge.

I find these blurry boundaries fascinating.

Tallaght's boundaries are fascinating. Most in Tallaght will regard Firhouse and Ballycullen as part of Tallaght, but some there would disagree. Many of the news websites reported the Hunterswood balcony story as being part of Tallaght. I always assumed that racing pigeon club was closed, and that it predated the M50, but maybe I'm completely mistaken!

This is true I am from the area and know of most of the traveler sites in the D24 area due to being in animal rescue so would know which ones cause hassle and this isnt one of them.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Hi Catlady,

The houses ARE actually Dublin 24. They don't mention "Tallaght" in any of the documents though, which i'm sure they're doing on purpose ;)

With regard to being right beside a pub, I see where you're coming from but it's not as if we'll be on top of the pub! I live within a stones throw of a pub at the moment and there are never any issues. Unless the place is giong to be a nightclub, pumping music until 4am on a Tuesday night, i'm not sure it'll be an issue.

I agree no mention of Tallaght on the documents is trying to make it out to be something its not but its definitely Tallaght, I work for a company involved in the pub trade and I know the cuckoos nest is being renovated to a " gastro pub " which means mainly food but what I would do is if any of the residents do have concerns over noise etc nip it in the bud before it comes a problem, things like having the smoking area out front rather then at the back near the houses, people not being allowed to sit outside after 1opm at night trust me I lived beside a pub in Tallaght up at the square and actually moved because of the lack of sleep for 5 years. They are gorgeous houses but for me its like they are just plonked on the side of the road I would much rather one in the estate across the road.

Qrt wrote: »
    Tallaght's boundaries are fascinating. Most in Tallaght will regard Firhouse and Ballycullen as part of Tallaght, but some there would disagree. Many of the news websites reported the Hunterswood balcony story as being part of Tallaght. I always assumed that racing pigeon club was closed, and that it predated the M50, but maybe I'm completely mistaken!

It's not just Tallaght. I'm from Walkinstown and know people who consider Ballymount and Greenhills as part of Walkinstown - I'm even sure I've heard of someone refer to Perrystown as being in Walkinstown :confused:

Then to complicate things further you've got the likes of Drimnagh Castle with it's address in Walkinstown, then Crumlin Hospital and College are both in Drimnagh. We're just not good with boundaries.

It's not just Tallaght. I'm from Walkinstown and know people who consider Ballymount and Greenhills as part of Walkinstown - I'm even sure I've heard of someone refer to Perrystown as being in Walkinstown :confused:

I've always seen Greenhills as being part of Walkinstown - oops. I'd sooner say Perrystown was in Walkinstown than in Terenure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,413 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Qrt wrote: »

People tend to think that all areas within a postcode are automatically part of the main area of that postcode, so D.24 = Tallaght, D.12 = Crumlin, D.4 = Donnybrook, etc. when obviously that's not the case.

Advertisement