Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Woods Greenhills/Tallaght New Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is the halting site still next door?

If so, that could have an effect on demand I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

theteal wrote: »
    Is the halting site still next door?

If so, that could have an effect on demand I’d imagine

That's it. Usually it would put me off as well. However I ve been a lot around tymon park with my daughter and got to talk to a few travellers who happen to live there.
    They were decent people.

It's gonna be interesting what price range the prices fall into.

I’ve just read the blurb in your link, OP. It’s really irking me that they’ve made a “there” grammatical error in what is their main advertising display for now. That’s me out :D

I’m not a fan of the way these developers try to sexy up their address. I don’t know anyone who thought that the Cuckoo’s Nest was in Greenhills. In fact, Greenhills is Dublin 12 and this site is in 24. They need to take their pick between Tymon and Kilnamanagh - they mustn’t be sexy enough it seems

theteal wrote: »
    I’ve just read the blurb in your link, OP. It’s really irking me that they’ve made a “there” grammatical error in what is their main advertising display for now. That’s me out :D

I’m not a fan of the way these developers try to sexy up their address. I don’t know anyone who thought that the Cuckoo’s Nest was in Greenhills. In fact, Greenhills is Dublin 12 and this site is in 24. They need to take their pick between Tymon and Kilnamanagh - they mustn’t be sexy enough it seems

I agree. It's the same with Crumlin and Kimmage i.e. Dublin 12 vs Dublin 6w. The site is definitely in Dublin 24 which I wouldn't have an issue with. It's a handy location but I wouldn't be prepared to pay the Greenhills price tag...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

TBH I'd prefer to live in Kilnamanagh than Greenhills. The developers obviously don't know the area and are just trying to avoid the D24 post code.

The site these are being built on is fairly cramped, and 111m squared is a decent size. I'm interested to see the size of the gardens! I'd imagine they'll be minimal. I know Tymon Park is right there and will provide ample open space, but I just like to have my own garden.

I think the BER rating looks good. I'd love to see the full spec. I know developers have a habit of promising lots in the spec, and dropping a few of the nicer frills once the build is complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

This might shed some light on it since there's little info at the moment: http://www.echo.ie/news/article/cuckoo-s-nest-estate-to-be-finished-by-the-end-of-year

I grew up in Kilnamanagh and walked past that halting site everyday on my way to school. I never had a problem and definitely wouldn't let that put you off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Definitely the theatre, I think that was part of the agreement. At least according to the local newsletter :)

I don't think the pub is definite but by that article looks likely.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    TBH I'd prefer to live in Kilnamanagh than Greenhills. The developers obviously don't know the area and are just trying to avoid the D24 post code.

The site these are being built on is fairly cramped, and 111m squared is a decent size. I'm interested to see the size of the gardens! I'd imagine they'll be minimal. I know Tymon Park is right there and will provide ample open space, but I just like to have my own garden.

I think the BER rating looks good. I'd love to see the full spec. I know developers have a habit of promising lots in the spec, and dropping a few of the nicer frills once the build is complete.

Tbh I couldn't care less about all this postcode bollix. In fact I wouldn't mind if they called it Tymon North as long as the price reflects this.
    Imo it's a handy location which might drive up the prices.
    I d be fairly surprised if they are under the €400k bracket. ...

climber59 wrote: »
    This might shed some light on it since there's little info at the moment: http://www.echo.ie/news/article/cuckoo-s-nest-estate-to-be-finished-by-the-end-of-year

I grew up in Kilnamanagh and walked past that halting site everyday on my way to school. I never had a problem and definitely wouldn't let that put you off.

Sounds interesting.
    Kilnamanagh is lovely but pricey (unless the house is in bits).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

climber59 wrote: »

Have you seen the house thats been for sale for years over the far side of the M50 bridge, across from the garage? I assumed it hasn't sold because of that walkway that leads directly from the back of the halting site to the back of that house. I could be wrong though.

Also I've heard rumours of the prices starting at €350, but that was just through word of mouth from a load of auld wans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

We've placed a booking deposit down on one of the houses, off-plans. But we don't know much about the area. Anyone any idea what it's like around there?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    We've placed a booking deposit down on one of the houses, off-plans. But we don't know much about the area. Anyone any idea what it's like around there?

Kilnamanagh on one side, Tymon on the other. Good working class areas with a minority of a bad element but nothing I'd be concerned about. Went to school/college/played football with a lot of lads from around there (loads got the bus down to Drimnagh Castle everyday which I thought was a bit mad) and the vast majority of which were good eggs. Plenty of amenities nearby and the Ballymount entrance to the M50 is about 2 minute drive away from the site.

Aside, do they/will they still run the fun fair there in that corner of Tymon Park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

The travellers at the bookies are all sound also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Msheeb

We have placed a booking deposit as well. I'm not familiar with the place arround. Hopefully all sounds good. ...

Msheeb wrote: »
    We have placed a booking deposit as well. I'm not familiar with the place arround. Hopefully all sounds good. ...

The showhouse isn't ready yet but it's almost there. We were really on the fence about going through with it so they allowed us to have a look at the showhouse in it's current state so we could see the room sizes and the layout...... we're more than happy.

We've gone up there to take a walk around a couple of times and it looks spot on. We're not 100% familiar with the area but we have friends with family up there and they tell us it's a great spot. We're chuffed with our decision anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

We've lived in Tymon North for 6 years and I grew up in Tallaght. There are bus stops in and out of town directly outside this estate. 20 minutes to town off peak, dead handy. M50 less than 5 minutes away too.

Dunnes Stores Kilnamanagh is about 5 mins drive and has a huge supermarket/homewares/clothing section with a little shopping centre consisting of Post Office, barbers, hairdressers, chemists, book shop, little hardware shop, beauticians and travel agent. Lidl less than 5 minutes drive too.

15 minutes drive to The Square shopping Centre which has everything you could really need (except Penneys), and other retail centres nearby e.g. B&Q, Home Store, Harvey Norman etc.

Lots of sports clubs nearby e.g Tallaght A.C. and lots of football clubs, gyms, leisure centres in Tallaght.

Lots and lots of primary and secondary schools nearby including Gaelscoileanna and special schools for children with Autism/Dyslexia/General Learning Difficulties.

I think this estate will benefit by its size and newness. In Tymon North there are a majority of lovely very well settled families but there are also big groups of young lads on scramblers doing laps of the estate. You won't really get that in an estate of this size.

Tymon Park itself is lovely and quiet, great new playground in it and it's suitable for long or short walks.

A few people on this thread have mentioned the traveller accommodation next door. There are only a handful of houses there and I have never seen any trouble whatsoever from there. In fact I never see anyone coming or going. This estate is very well maintained from the outside and there is a big site containing a mechanic's premises between the two estates.

Best of luck to anyone buying there, the location is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aoife175

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the pricing on these? I registered my interest but I just got sent some vague info that was already online. Can’t seem to find the pricing anywhere!

I thought I read somewhere that these were originally meant to be social housing and not for sale, hence why I’m only registering my interest now!

The area is great, right in between tymon and kilnamanagh. 27 bus from right outside that goes straight into town! Really good location. Grew up in kilnamanagh myself.

Aoife175 wrote:
    I thought I read somewhere that these were originally meant to be social housing and not for sale, hence why I’m only registering my interest now!

6 apartments will be for social housing if memory serves correctly, but all other units private.

• Advertisement

Aoife175 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know the pricing on these? I registered my interest but I just got sent some vague info that was already online. Can’t seem to find the pricing anywhere!

The area is great, right in between tymon and kilnamanagh. 27 bus from right outside that goes straight into town! Really good location. Grew up in kilnamanagh myself.

Hi Aoife,

The pricing for the first few houses (if I'm not mistaken, 8 were sold in total) was €350k - €370k depending on the house (Terraced, End of Terrace etc).

AFAIK the other houses are being launched in April.

Show house is open for viewing this weekend between 2pm and 4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

All those that are interested, are you happy with the prices?

Are you hesitant or reluctant?

Personally see these as overpriced, so paying close attention to sales here as a marker of the condition of the property market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Seems expensive I must say. Espeically considering who lives close by... 375,00 for a 3 bed in Tallaght smacks of Celtic Tiger again. They look nice frim the brochure but overpriced

Extremely overpriced. We paid 253,000 for a 3 Bed terrace in a private cul de sac in Old Bawn with price agreed in November. Spent about 3,500 to paint and furnish it and it is looking ten times better than when we bought it. Those prices just reflect the modern styling and interior but not worth it. 3 Bed around the corner in Castletymon up for 285,000 and is really beautifully decorated. I think the fascination with a 'new build' gets people paying such over inflated prices. Extortionate prices around Ballycullen new builds too, despite serious lack of infrastructure/links to m50 etc. Couldn't pay me to live up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Extortionate prices around Ballycullen new builds too, despite serious lack of infrastructure/links to m50 etc. Couldn't pay me to live up there.

Given the choice between Ballycullen/Stocking Lane I'd pick Temple Woods anytime, but they do seem to be about €25k above where they should be.

Mind you, if people are willing to pay a price that's what they're worth.

Did anyone go for the viewing ? Looks great on the video.

Msheeb wrote: »
    Did anyone go for the viewing ? Looks great on the video.

I went along on Saturday. The place looked great.

Pretty busy too. They all seemed to be snapped up pretty quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

We put a booking deposit down on Saturday. The houses themselves look great and the proximity to the city and Tymon park are real bonuses. Just a few things playing on our minds:

1. M50 drone. It's not loud and you won't be able to hear it indoors, but it is there. Does anyone know if the stretch of road next to the estate has been sound proofed or not, and if there are any plans to do so?

2. General area. Don't want to sound snobby but we're not from Tallaght. I know there are good parts and bad parts of every place. From what people here are saying it seems we shouldn't have any concerns, but it's playing on our minds a bit.

3. Redevelopment of the theatre and pub. On the plus side, great to have these amenities on your doorstep. On the negative side, will there be big crowds late at night in the vicinity?

Pretty hard to find anything that ticks all the boxes in Dublin these days at the prices most people can afford I suppose..

Advertisement