Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LASER EYE SURGERY DUBLIN

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mprgst78

smccart6 wrote: »
    As I got mine done I can refer you and you get €100 of the price.

I got mine done in Optilase on Ely Place. I went for a consult in the Mater & Blackrock clinic and I went with Optilase as I found their after care the best and they were really nice. I was -2.75 in both eyes. It was really quick I did not get any dry eye no blood shot nothing. I went home after it and I did not have a gritty feeling that most people stated they got. I went to sleep for an hour and when I woke up my eyes weren't watering nothing. I went back up the next morning for a check up and I had better then 20/20 I had 20/15 less then 24 hours. I did not have any glare problems either. Best thing I ever done.

I booked a consultation with optilase for next week. Thanks for the advice, hopefully will be suitable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mprgst78

So i was found suitable for the lasik and lasek laser eye surgery in optilase. My consultation was yesterday and I have to say I found them very professional and i felt very comfortable there. trying to decide on the lasik or lasek though! it's tough to call because I play lots of sport but I also want the quicker recovery. any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

lee4892 wrote: »
    Optilase is by far the cheapest clinic I visited and I got my surgery for almost half the price of what it would have cost elsewhere so if you're considering or having teh surgery let me know and get a further E100 off your treatment :)

Got my laser (LASEK) done a few months ago with the Mater Private. I can't remember what it was like to have glasses- no regrets!! :)

Just on price- I don't understand looking for the cheapest option for surgery..on your eyes! My advice is save up a but longer and go for the best treatment you can afford.

I dont think surgery is the time to look at cost cutting measures. Not saying go for the most expensive, just the safest with the best reputation!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

definately you have to look at the whole package. personally I received everything you mentioned at the Mater too so it's a matter of research (loads of this must be done!!) but i suppose location as well must be considered. personally, price was the last thing on my mind because it's such a huge undertaking and I just saved up until I had the money but I also took the advice of two different opticians who advised against clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lee4892 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is posted already :)

Just had laser eye surgery at Optilase and received some refferal E100 off vouchers. The referral vouchers can be used in conjunction with other offers and applies to people considering or having Advanced Wavefront Treatment at the Dublin or Cork Optilase Clinics.

Optilase is by far the cheapest clinic I visited and I got my surgery for almost half the price of what it would have cost elsewhere so if you're considering or having teh surgery let me know and get a further E100 off your treatment :)

Do you get anything if people take up the vouchers? You sound very keen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

he/she is very keen as it means more income

already a thread on this posted on bargain alerts which was
    closed http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322457

plugging this company at every opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Hi,

I'm considering getting laser eye surgery done early next year:
    * Has anyone got it done where their eyesight is -5.75 on each eye or around that? If so, how was it and how is your eyesight now?
    * I'm in Dublin 4/6 area - can anyone recommend surgeons/hospitals in the area?

Thanks,

C

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Hate to ask but I'm considering it too and just wondering what was the price approx for the Mater surgeries compared to other places please? It doesn't come down to price but it certainly plays and important factor in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

100 for the consultancy to see which if either of the surgeries you're eligible for, and then 1535 per eye. You can claim 20% of it back in tax - that more than likely goes for all of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kasia1234

Would somebody be able to reffer me for the Optilase, please? I am going to the first consultation in next few weeks so I would really like some 100euro off:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 smccart6

I can PM your details....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 smccart6

I can PM me your details and I will contact Optilase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'm getting mine done tomorrow -5.75 both eyes

Went for my consult yesterday and couldn't have been nicer in Optilase.

Been wearing glasses for 35 years and contacts for 30. (anyone want 4 bottles of solutions!)

2712 with Ultralase and Wavefront - about two years's expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kkeith5

im booked to get lasek surgery done in blackrock clinic with Kathyrn McCreeny. It seemed good there at the consultation but everyone seems to recommend the mater with Prof O Keefe , does anyone have any good or bad reveiws with Blackrock clinic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

I see here that there are lots of yeah's for the Mater. I have an appointment with Optical Express for a FREE consultation on Thursday. Is there anybody on this forum who can give me a heads up on their treatment, cost and aftercare. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 kkeith5

I got mine done in blackrock and will tell you what mine was like ,price wise everywhere is similar around the 3g + mark but when i got my consultation i think it was 150 euro u see 2 nurses they test ur eyes right after that u go see the doctor who will do the surgery she put drops in your eyes to dilate your pupils and do other tests .she then reccomended which surgery would better suit in my case they recommended lasek.
    2 weeks later i got the surgery ,the surgery was quick waited like 10 min before going in after they give u an aftercare pack which gives u 3 soloutions for 3 times a day and a 4th one to be used after they run out.u also get clear eye patchs to prevent u from touching ur eye. i
    i had to come back two days later for checkup ,then 2 weeks then i think it was 1-2 months later which u dont have to pay for for aftercare

I would reccomend go to the consultation thursday but also check somewhere else to compare and pick which ever one you feel more comfortable with. even if u have to pay 100 euro the surgery will cost 3g anyways.
    Best of luck

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 benbrown

Just back from my consultation with Optical Express. They done some tests and due to the start of cataracts and another health issue they say I am not suitable for Laser Eye Surgery. So they went on and said I could have Refractive Lens Treament. Basically this means removing the cataract lens and replacing it with a man made one. Both eyes have to be done. Cost €3990. Has anybody had this treatment and if they have can they give me some feedback on it? Thanks Everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

benbrown wrote: »
    Just back from my consultation with Optical Express. They done some tests and due to the start of cataracts and another health issue they say I am not suitable for Laser Eye Surgery. So they went on and said I could have Refractive Lens Treament. Basically this means removing the cataract lens and replacing it with a man made one. Both eyes have to be done. Cost €3990. Has anybody had this treatment and if they have can they give me some feedback on it? Thanks Everybody.

Honestly, I wouldn't consider for a second getting something like that done in a high street place...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭penzo

can some one explain the tax back thing to me? thanks

Advertisement