Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours being a nuisance since Covid-19

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not sure how I can get the LL’s details.
    The tenancies aren’t registered. Any of the 3 apartments around me which are rented by the same LL.

What’s the best idea now? Report this?

Yes, report. LL is not in compliance with the law. Might even speed up the process of getting the current tenants out.

Yes, report. LL is not in compliance with the law. Might even speed up the process of getting the current tenants out.

A word in the ear of the landlord concerning making a complaint to the Ptb and possible revenue might result in the noisy neighbors being evicted far faster than any formal complaint could every hope to achieve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Errr, you misunderstood. Here we have a guard arguing with a solicitor

The solicitor, with all due respect, is not on the front line actually dealing with incidents like this. They’re two different professions. I don’t get where you’re going with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

d15ude wrote: »
    How about setting off your alarm deliberately and go for a nice 2-3 hour long walk?
    Give them a bit of ambiance noise to enjoy while bbq.

Hahahaha!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Errr, you misunderstood. Here we have a guard arguing with a solicitor

Mod Note

we have 2 private individuals of unknown credentials hypothesising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭madmac187

Tell the one that’s your mate that you have corona virus. The kids will stop then. And next time they are all there wildly cough. I guarantee they will disperse and not come back lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

madmac187 wrote: »
    Tell the one that’s your mate that you have corona virus. The kids will stop then. And next time they are all there wildly cough. I guarantee they will disperse and not come back lol

I was considering actually putting the word out that my OH was extremely sick in bed. Though we leave the apartment sometimes so this is kind of hard. No bbq’s today or yesterday.
    I wonder have they moved to another rented premises where they haven’t been warned by the police yet. Going to give the RTB a call and report the lack of registration.
    Though my own apartment isn’t registered would this draw attention to my own LL?
    He’s a decent guy and I don’t want to get him in trouble.

The solicitor, with all due respect, is not on the front line actually dealing with incidents like this. They’re two different professions. I don’t get where you’re going with this

Solicitors will generally know the law better than a guard (or any solicitor worth dealing with anyway) hence how they get so many people off on various technicalities, loop holes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

A word in the ear of the landlord concerning making a complaint to the Ptb and possible revenue might result in the noisy neighbors being evicted far faster than any formal complaint could every hope to achieve

It might well but the OP has already said he's not sure if he can get LL details, much less arrange a meeting with him/her. Either way, LL should be reported.

• Advertisement

It might well but the OP has already said he's not sure if he can get LL details, much less arrange a meeting with him/her. Either way, LL should be reported.

Land registry might have the details or another neighbor. Obviously he should be reported but the op just wants the situation to end really.

Solicitors will generally know the law better than a guard (or any solicitor worth dealing with anyway) hence how they get so many people off on various technicalities, loop holes etc.

You know it's Gardai that prosecute and convict the majority of cases in Ireland. We win more than we lose. Your average defence solicitor will have a losing record. Not blaming them for that, it's hard to defend a guilty person when there's solid evidence.

I agree solicitors will have a better knowledge, not arguing that but don't think the law degree matters when it's a new law that was only introduced and hasn't been for a hearing test yet. Gardai are dealing with the law, have been advised and utilised the power of arrest in it. I won't be arresting someone in a private residence when my own superiors have clearly told me I have no power to do so.

I'm still awaiting the evidence that I have a power of entry into a private premises from you as well by the way.

Advertisement