Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours being a nuisance since Covid-19

Options
13»

Comments

Solicitors will generally know the law better than a guard (or any solicitor worth dealing with anyway) hence how they get so many people off on various technicalities, loop holes etc.

You know it's Gardai that prosecute and convict the majority of cases in Ireland. We win more than we lose. Your average defence solicitor will have a losing record. Not blaming them for that, it's hard to defend a guilty person when there's solid evidence.

I agree solicitors will have a better knowledge, not arguing that but don't think the law degree matters when it's a new law that was only introduced and hasn't been for a hearing test yet. Gardai are dealing with the law, have been advised and utilised the power of arrest in it. I won't be arresting someone in a private residence when my own superiors have clearly told me I have no power to do so.

I'm still awaiting the evidence that I have a power of entry into a private premises from you as well by the way.

Advertisement