Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sofa (General Chat Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I like watching an episode a week too but something always gets in the way.

I can't even figure out how people get the time to binge.:confused:

To be fair, "binge" is a flexible enough term and so just watching an entire series in a week would be binging for some, while not for others. Like chocolate, too much in one sitting makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,348 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I started re watching Wire in the Blood on Amazon.

Wow what a great series and it still holds up Robson Green really is a fantastic actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good grief Prime Time Explainer - is it for teenagers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I started re watching Wire in the Blood on Amazon.

Wow what a great series and it still holds up Robson Green really is a fantastic actor.

If only he hadn't lumbered himself with the Robson & Jerome thing, he could have gone places. (I appreciate he's had a good career on ITV, but could have been big, as could his partner in that duo)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Good grief Prime Time Explainer - is it for teenagers?

Clearly you've never met one if you think a teenager would sit through that drivel. :P

• Advertisement

If only he hadn't lumbered himself with the Robson & Jerome thing, he could have gone places. (I appreciate he's had a good career on ITV, but could have been big, as could his partner in that duo)

Wasn't the singing career before Wire in the Blood? And wasn't it only a couple of songs?

He did a lot of TV after that - I wouldn't have in depth knowledge on him but I don't see how it kept him down or had a negative effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Wasn't the singing career before Wire in the Blood? And wasn't it only a couple of songs?

He did a lot of TV after that - I wouldn't have in depth knowledge on him but I don't see how it kept him down or had a negative effect.

I think Soldier Soldier in the 90s was first, that spawned the singing career of Robson & Jerome.

Two fantastic actors however my first thoughts when I hear either of their names is this..... Not their acting.

Wasn't just the singing thing, they appeared everywhere light entertainment/talk shows etc as some kind of double act, like ant and Dec or dick and dom.

Not saying he would have been DeNiro or someone but I think he'd have escaped the ITV 8pm or 9pm window he found him self in.

Wasn't just the singing thing, they appeared everywhere light entertainment/talk shows etc as some kind of double act, like ant and Dec or dick and dom.

Not saying he would have been DeNiro or someone but I think he'd have escaped the ITV 8pm or 9pm window he found him self in.

I only remember the music video for Unchained Melody.

It is more than possible that the singing is what gave Robson Green the career he has had.

What was the other guy doing between the singing and Ripper Street?

• Advertisement

Jerome was one of top characters in GOT.

It is more than possible that the singing is what gave Robson Green the career he has had.

We'll never know, I'm happy with my guess, as I dare say, you are with yours.

Jerome was one of top characters in GOT.

Yes, but Ripper Street was first.

I think. Or maybe around the same time.

Anyway I meant before that - Robson was TV regularly.

We'll never know, I'm happy with my guess, as I dare say, you are with yours.

Yes, and to be honest I don't even how or why it became a conversation.

I've only seen Wire in the Blood and nothing else he has done. I had only intended to post that I agreed it was a great series.:P

Yes, but Ripper Street was first.

I think. Or maybe around the same time.

Anyway I meant before that - Robson was TV regularly.

On screen he only had bit parts and guest spots since Soldier Soldier which ended in 1995 till he got cast in GOT then came Ripper Street and now everything else that comes with being part of GOT's.

Green has always had a steady TV career be that drama or his reality fishing shows.

Both have the acting chops to be a lot bigger than they have been and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Now for Jerome it might off the back of GOT's.

On screen he only had bit parts and guest spots since Soldier Soldier which ended in 1995 till he got cast in GOT then came Ripper Street and now everything else that comes with being part of GOT's.

Green has always had a steady TV career be that drama or his reality fishing shows.

Both have the acting chops to be a lot bigger than they have been and for whatever reason it didn't happen.

Now for Jerome it might off the back of GOT's.

Producers and such will love being able to "(TV's Game of Thrones)" on the publicity.

And Bron was one of the best characters.

No spoilers please - Does Dead of Summer Season 1 have a conclusion to the story?

It was cancelled before I got the chance to start it so I always skip it but I read today it was intended to be antology show. I didn't want to read more in case of spoilers.

R rated Banana Splits Movie :D

Dick Wolf is planning on having a cross Network story involving SVU and the Chicago shows on NBC and FBI on CBS.

Just need to get Munch back for that one so he can add a few more shows to his credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This looks like it could be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

This looks like it could be good.

Wtf? The show doesn't exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

anything decent in the drama stakes planned for the summer?

vargoo wrote: »
    Wtf? The show doesn't exist?

It's a parody of Talking Dead and all those other types of aftershows for hit TV series, and the "hit TV series" they're discussing on this, is a fake show.

Will they parody Hardwick's sexual harassment as well I wonder.

It didn't hurt Hardwick anyway as he married into the Hearst family and is now worth a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

It's a parody of Talking Dead and all those other types of aftershows for hit TV series, and the "hit TV series" they're discussing on this, is a fake show.

???

I nearly watch love island instead!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see EW did a 20 year Reunion shoot/interview with the Angel cast. Amy and Charisma both still looking well. I guess the guys didn't age too bad either.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/20/angel-reunion-20th-anniversary/
    https://ew.com/tv-reunions/angel-reunion-cover-shoot/?
    https://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000016b-7195-d452-a7eb-ff97849e0000/angel/

Shame Andy Hallett and Glenn Quinn weren't still around

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see EW did a 20 year Reunion shoot/interview with the Angel cast. Amy and Charisma both still looking well. I guess the guys didn't age too bad either.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/20/angel-reunion-20th-anniversary/
    https://ew.com/tv-reunions/angel-reunion-cover-shoot/?
    https://people.com/peopletv/video/bs/0000016b-7195-d452-a7eb-ff97849e0000/angel/

Shame Andy Hallett and Glenn Quinn weren't still around

Watched it there yesterday - would gladly have watched another hour or so and gotten the full interview (they cut loads apparently - to the point where Andy Hallett wasn't even mentioned aside from a passing moment where Amy Acker referred to 'Spin The Bottle' as "Andy's episode", but word on the street is there was stuff filmed in the interview where he was discussed in depth. It's a shame, especially as he was a main character, that he didn't get a shoutout in the final cut).

Charisma Carpenter is gonna be at Dublin Comic Con in August and I can't wait. Angel was probably the first TV show I was properly invested in (didn't go back and watch the first few seasons of Buffy until after the first season of Angel), so to meet Cordy is kind of a big deal for me!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She and her bikini/underwear were great in Veronica Mars. :pac:
    Seriously though, I remember hearing part of the reason for her moving to Angel was due to being older than the other Buffy cast members.
    I remember I was reluctant to watch Angel at first as I wasn't a big fan of his on Buffy, so was very pleasantly surprised when I watched and enjoyed it.

As for the talk about Andy and Glenn, I forgot that link
    https://ew.com/tv/2019/06/21/angel-cast-reunion-glenn-quinn-andy-hallett-in-memoriam/

I haven't watched the video yet. May get it watched tomorrow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This is a good interview with Dick Van Dyke. I didn't know he had a drinking problem. And what happened to talk shows like this? Save for Letterman's recent Netflix thing. Dick Cavett's still around too.

Advertisement